• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd go for closet space and you can always build or purchase a ladder.

That was our thought on that too... soon, she will be able to get herself in/out and it's just the bed so it's only at night.

You have to remember that RV dealers are not like auto dealers. You can end up at the bottom of the service list, they put their customers first. Some dealers have even been known to refuse warranty

If I understand correctly. There a TT in Indiana that's the same model year, with the same featured as the one you ordered. CW in Atlanta is going to ship from Indiana to Atlanta. Then they will install a skylight. And then it's exactly what you ordered.

Is that correct.

If I understand correctly. There a TT in Indiana that's the same model year, with the same featured as the one you ordered. CW in Atlanta is going to ship from Indiana to Atlanta. Then they will install a skylight. And then it's exactly what you ordered.

Is that correct.

Yes.  The only "difference" is that this camper also has electronic stabilizers (an upgrade we did not order).  Of course, the price we agreed to will not change.

Just spoke with the VP at Jayco... they will warranty the skylight, so that's good news :)

That's good to hear. Since any warranty work could be months down the road after folks forget about this incident I would get the coverage statement in writing from Jayco.

That's good to hear. Since any warranty work could be months down the road after folks forget about this incident I would get the coverage statement in writing from Jayco.

And find out who would cover related damages if the skylight leaks and ruins cabinets, carpeting, etc. or even the trailer structure itself.

There was a comment on one of the sites bashing CW.  Customer fought to get some defect repaired under warranty. After two visits they finally did the repair but refused to fix the damages it caused.

Yes. The only "difference" is that this camper also has electronic stabilizers (an upgrade we did not order). Of course, the price we agreed to will not change.

I don't own a TV dealership so one please explain to me why, if the TT is sitting in Indiana and all they have to do is get it to Atlanta and install a skylight is it going to take a month before they get their TT?

Indianapolis to Atlanta is only an 8 hour (530 mile) trip. I could probably find a hot shot service get it to Atlanta by tomorrow. And how long does it take to install a skylight. I helped a buddy instal a Solar Yube skylight in a few hours. And we did t know what we were doing.

I'd ask CW why it's not going to be ready till the end of the month.

I don't own a TV dealership so one please explain to me why, if the TT is sitting in Indiana and all they have to do is get it to Atlanta and install a skylight is it going to take a month before they get their TT?

Indianapolis to Atlanta is only an 8 hour (530 mile) trip. I could probably find a hot shot service get it to Atlanta by tomorrow. And how long does it take to install a skylight. I helped a buddy instal a Solar Yube skylight in a few hours. And we did t know what we were doing.

Backorder on the part?

Other customers booked?

They like playing games?

I see posts on FF and other sites and I don't understand why people say that they have to leave their rigs at the shop for a month or 2 to get a repair completed.

Are these places that busy or is it that hard to work on a TT or RV? 

Often if you didn't buy an rv from that dealer they will still do your warranty work, but they will put their customers first and on lot sales prep is first in line. This being the busy season, they are dragging their feet on something they are losing $$$ on. Not ethical, but it happens

You know what... end of April was actually my comment.  Thing is, we have been WAITING on CW to order our hitch, because we were going to have it mailed directly to CW (part of our purchase included installation of the hitch and it's a heavy sucker:  about 200 lbs).  The hitch is 2-3 weeks out so we cannot pick it up, until the hitch is here/installed. 

Just called Tom (my husband) and he said CW updated him this morning:  The TT should be in Atlanta by Tuesday at the latest.

Do you have a reason to go camping near the Jayco factory? You might get a better install by taking it back and haveing hte factory guys install the skylight.

In disclouser, I have had bad experiences with hack jobs done at dealerships.

No, no plans... unfortunately.

And find out who would cover related damages if the skylight leaks and ruins cabinets, carpeting, etc. or even the trailer structure itself.

There was a comment on one of the sites bashing CW.  Customer fought to get some defect repaired under warranty. After two visits they finally did the repair but refused to fix the damages it caused.

Thank you.  I'll remember that.  Should I get this in writing when we sign the financing paperwork?

Often if you didn't buy an rv from that dealer they will still do your warranty work, but they will put their customers first and on lot sales prep is first in line. This being the busy season, they are dragging their feet on something they are losing $$$ on. Not ethical, but it happens

We had heard this, but I called around to several dealerships (that Jayco told me were authorized to do warranty repairs) and NONE of them (outside of CW) sold Whitehawks so NONE of them would do the warranty work... they all said no.  This is why we didn't purchase up in TN.  Now... we almost did purchase in TN and figured we'd have to do the warranty work through CW, being pushed to the back of line as we did not purchase through them, but truthfully we liked the salesman at CW.  He knew nothing... haha :)  But, he was brand new, so we expected him to know nothing.  What he would say, "I don't know...let me find out".  He would then follow up with an answer.  He was trying.  For that reason, we wanted him to earn the sale and we figured that the purchase part would be the "easy" part and since we more than likely go to CW for warranty work anyway... that we might as well allow the salesperson (who had worked with us for a few weeks as we looked at different units) get paid.

Man... I am emotionally drained.  I've said before, when my kiddos are older... I might open a small dealership.  My father taught me, "if you're going to do a job...do it right the first time or don't do it at all".  Your handshake is your word, and your word needs to mean something.

My dealership would stand for that.  It's how I've always worked... it's how people should be treated.  With honesty.   

If it was me I would forget the skylight to much  to go wrong, plus we had one in a 5th wheel with the ceiling fan below it and in the daylight created a uncomfortable light flutter that drove me crazy( think strobe light). I would worry about CW doing the job as I have not heard anything GOOD about their work at any location. Good luck and hope all works out for the best & enjoy the new camper.

If it was me I would forget the skylight to much  to go wrong, plus we had one in a 5th wheel with the ceiling fan below it and in the daylight created a uncomfortable light flutter that drove me crazy( think strobe light). I would worry about CW doing the job as I have not heard anything GOOD about their work at any location. Good luck and hope all works out for the best & enjoy the new camper.

Well heck... I really wanted the silly thing as the camper has less windows than I'd like.  Now I'm worried about them screwing it up :(    No ceiling fan... so not sure if we'd have a strobe light but, if we did, the kiddos might find that fun :)

Man... I am emotionally drained.  I've said before, when my kiddos are older... I might open a small dealership.  My father taught me, "if you're going to do a job...do it right the first time or don't do it at all".  Your handshake is your word, and your word needs to mean something.

My dealership would stand for that.  It's how I've always worked... it's how people should be treated.  With honesty.   

Well said, Nacole.  I would buy from you!

We have skylights in the moho.  I could take them or leave them.  

I didn't want to say it but since Rennie did. I'd skip the skylight also. No experience with them in a RV but every house I've owned or remodeled that had a skylight also had a leak. A wide older gentleman once told me..."it's not a matter of if a skylight will leak, it's a matter of when. If take the money you'd save on the sky light and buy a nice lo or two.

Just my humble opinion.

I didn't want to say it but since Rennie did. I'd skip the skylight also. No experience with them in a RV but every house I've owned or remodeled that had a skylight also had a leak. A wide older gentleman once told me..."it's not a matter of if a skylight will leak, it's a matter of when. If take the money you'd save on the sky light and buy a nice lo or two.

Just my humble opinion.

I think we'll drive up to CW, when the trailer gets in, and look at it w/o the skylight and make the decision then.    Maybe it's not a good idea... I love the extra light, but don't want a leak.

I also agree about skipping the skylight. My experience with CW repairing things has not been good. Our window over the front bunk was leaking, and it took them 3 times to make it stop. They even insisted it wasn't leaking when there were clearly water stains on the bunk under it. 

I think we'll drive up to CW, when the trailer gets in, and look at it w/o the skylight and make the decision then.    Maybe it's not a good idea... I love the extra light, but don't want a leak.

When you need the lighting the most (in the dark) the skylight wont help.

For the cost (who knows what they will try to charge you) you could buy a lot of LED lighting.  They have those flexible strips that you can put under counters, cabinets, etc. that would probably do just as good since a skylight is usually a diffused type of light.