From the Disney Parks Blog...

T-shirts celebrating two long-time favorite destinations at Walt Disney World Resort will be featured this month on the Disney Parks online store.

01_ParksBlog_AprilShirts_Fort.jpg

From April 27 to May 3, we are releasing T-shirts for adults, women and kids inspired by Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, and one of the longest-running dinner shows in American history – Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. These vintage-style T-shirts were designed by Disney Design Group artist Richard Terpstra.

02_ParksBlog_AprilShirts_Hoop.jpg

Richard told me that the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue shirt was inspired by some of the classic themed posters found around the stage area at Pioneer Hall. If you want a great look back at this dinner show, I invite you to read this article from last September by my fellow author Pam Brandon.

03_ParksBlog_AprilShirts_PostCard.jpg

One of my favorite details that Richard included in the artwork is the small “Florida” flag above the Walt Disney World Resort logo. This flag reminds me of early 1970s merchandise for the “Vacation Kingdom of the World” like the postcard shown above from my personal collection.

The adults and women’s shirts will be printed on a Hanes Nano, while the kids’ shirts will be a Hanes Beefy-T.
Guests can find these limited release T-shirts online only starting April 27 at www.DisneyStore.com/ParkEvents.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiots! Why in the world would they sell the happy camper shirt only online and not in the campground. Take out those stupid Pacific Whatever shirts and sell them online and put the Happy camper shirts at the TP.  SMH   Just goes to show what an outstanding brand Walt built that these idiot Managers can't kill it no matter how much they screw up.  

Idiots! Why in the world would they sell the happy camper shirt only online and not in the campground. Take out those stupid Pacific Whatever shirts and sell them online and put the Happy camper shirts at the TP.  SMH   Just goes to show what an outstanding brand Walt built that these idiot Managers can't kill it no matter how much they screw up.  

Let the world have those, and bring back Musket Mickey to sell at the Fort!

I'm more interested in the Hoop Dee Doo shirts than the Fort shirts.  I can't recall ever seeing HDDR shirts before.

And what about that postcard in the blog post?  Did anyone notice how it includes the original design of the Polynesian, as well as three resorts which were on the drawing board and never got built?  Very cool.

TCD

Maybe if these sell well online they'll bring them to the Fort.  They already have the Happy Camper stuff in the Trading Posts, makes sense to add these shirts too.

And how tough would it be to roll over a cart and sell the HDDR shirts at Pioneeer Hall each night?

Heck, they don't even need a cart- there's already a little gift-shop kiosk there.  Where they sell the same assortment of crap you can find in the Trading Posts, and all over WDW.  If the Fort weren't run by a bunch of idiots, they could rake in the dough selling Fort and Hoop Dee Doo merchandise from that kiosk.

TCD

I picked up one of the new green shirts back in February and it seems to be wearing well. The brown one I have from a few years ago has also held up well, but i think those are both a heavier weight cotton. So is the Trader Sam's one I grabbed last week.

Most of the T-shirts I've gotten from the Disney online store are of that thinner 'ringspun' (whatever that means, exactly) cotton. Mixed bag on wearing well.

Below the line are some reviews from a t-shirt printers forum.

They are from back in 2011, so they may have changed the shirt since then.

Guess the only way to really tell how well the HDDR and Camping shirts are made and feel is to try one, but that will be impossible with them being on line only and limited edition.

Maybe check with Wal Mart and Target to see if they have some that you can try on.  Wal Mart had some reviews for the long sleeved nanos that people said were good.

Amazon reviews are all over the place, some say they fit perfect, don't shrink.

Others say order the next size up, they shrink a lot after washing, etc.

====================================================================================================================

Ok, I did some side by side comparisons of the Hanes Nano, Hanes Beefy, American Apparel Basic Tee, and Anvil Sustainable 50/50 tee. The first 3 were black, the anvil was "heather black"

Width of all these shirts were almost identical from what I could tell. The Beefy-T is shorter cut and looser sleeves.
The other three had very similar colors, all had tapperd sleeves, and nearly identical in length. The Nano is a ring spun shirt, and almost as softicon1.png as the others, but nothing has the same feel as the AA shirt. The biggest thing I noticed is that the Hanes Black is not a true black... its more like a mix of all their dyes so you get a more faded or reddish hue to the shirt, you don't notice this unless its next to something else (AA black shirt).

Break down
Hanes Beef T - Pluses, 6.1 oz cotton ( I like the heaver weight) Not very expensive. Cons, not true black, can't remove label for self branding / labeling.
Hanes Nano - Pluses, easily removable tag, nearly identical to AA at half the cost (or less) Cons, Not true black.
American Apparel - Pluses, True Black dye, has a slightly nicer feel, brand recognition, Cons- expensive, harder to get now that Alpha Shirt no longer carries them... my nipples poke out in them, not flattering when your a guy!

Until I can test out the Nano a little more I will continue to run my apparel line with Beefy-ts... although I may consider moving to the Nano, as I was thinking about going to AA if they "road" tested well... this was before Alpha Shirt and AA went separate ways.

In a recent presentation from our Hanes rep, we were told that the shoulders/sleeves of the unisex nano tee is "fitted", while the body is more of a traditional fit. It's intended to give a fitted look but can be worn comfortably by more body types.

Anyone know what the neck is like on the Nano? Is it tight or loose, I would order a 2X, because I do like a longer shirt but I hate having that loose neck.

Best Regards,

Norm

On a review of a long sleeved shirt, they said the waist was loose, but the upper part was tight.

If you go to Amazon and look up the nano shirts there are a lot of varied reviews.

Ordered my shirts a few minutes ago. I ordered a few in my normal size and then a few in the size right above. Did the same for my wife and kids. Figured if something didn't fit, I could either sell it to someone who may have missed the order window on here or just return it.