No More Dole Whip Swirls in MK?

The TCD Twins visited the MK a couple of weeks ago, and stopped by the new Aloha Isle location for a Dole Whip float.  For the TCD gang, a Dole Whip float has always been the vanilla/pineapple swirl with pineapple juice.  The twins were told they could not get a swirl, as Aloha Isle had stopped serving vanilla Dole Whip.  A manager was there, and they asked what the deal was.  The manager said to increase efficiency, they have decided to eliminate vanilla Dole Whip and only serve pineapple.  He said the change was permanent.

We have since talked that incident over, and decided that, despite what the manager said, it couldn't be a permanent change.  I have looked at the usual Disney sites, and no one else reported that vanilla Dole Whip had been eliminated, so I figured the girls just hit Aloha Isle on a bad day.  I mean, there would be outrage, wouldn't there?

Well, now there's a thread on another site where someone reported the same thing yesterday- no vanilla Dole Whip at Aloha Isle: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/no-more-dole-whip-swirls-at-aloha-isle.898516/

Not cool.

TCD

The TCD Twins visited the MK a couple of weeks ago, and stopped by the new Aloha Isle location for a Dole Whip float.  For the TCD gang, a Dole Whip float has always been the vanilla/pineapple swirl with pineapple juice.  The twins were told they could not get a swirl, as Aloha Isle had stopped serving vanilla Dole Whip.  A manager was there, and they asked what the deal was.  The manager said to increase efficiency, they have decided to eliminate vanilla Dole Whip and only serve pineapple.  He said the change was permanent.

We have since talked that incident over, and decided that, despite what the manager said, it couldn't be a permanent change.  I have looked at the usual Disney sites, and no one else reported that vanilla Dole Whip had been eliminated, so I figured the girls just hit Aloha Isle on a bad day.  I mean, there would be outrage, wouldn't there?

Well, now there's a thread on another site where someone reported the same thing yesterday- no vanilla Dole Whip at Aloha Isle: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/no-more-dole-whip-swirls-at-aloha-isle.898516/

Not cool.

TCD

I remember reading somewhere almost right after the change over that they had eliminated the vanilla. ant for the life of me remember where though. Sorry. I dont like either so it didnt lock into my brain beyond no vanilla. 

I remember reading somewhere almost right after the change over that they had eliminated the vanilla. ant for the life of me remember where though. Sorry. I dont like either so it didnt lock into my brain beyond no vanilla. 

We visited there several times right after the change, and they had vanilla.  The elimination of vanilla just happened in the last two weeks.

TCD

"In order to more efficiently give you what you dont want and therefore keep you from coming back, we are getting rid of the items you actually want."

Brilliant business model.

I reported here previously that they ended orange/vanilla swirls after the swap of SSTT and AI. Yes, citrus swirls are available at SSTT but that is not the same as a dole whip swirl made with orange and vanilla ice cream. The citrus swirl is vanilla ice cream and orange slushie.

Now they get rid of vanilla/pineapple swirl too?

There is no end to the stupidity at WDW.

This is a bigger travesty than Starbucks taking over MSB and ridding us of our cinnamon rolls.

Imbiciles.

• 3 months later...

Doctor Disney is late to the party on this one, but if nothing else, this article confirms the current status and includes some speculation as to why the vanilla soft serve went away at Aloha Isle...

The vanilla soft-serve ice cream is off of the menu and Aloha Isle has just pineapple soft-serve for its items.

One source said, “It’s quite possible that Dole had a change in their agreement where they didn’t want many items on the menu that weren’t produced by their company. The vanilla soft-serve isn’t made by Dole so it got taken off the menu.”

As Disney CMs advise, the Citrus Swirl is still available over at Sunshine Tree Terrace as is soft-serve vanilla ice cream.

Also, as of Aug. 26, Pineapple Lanai at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is still serving the Dole Whip Swirl.

http://www.doctordisney.com/2015/08/26/aloha-isle-menu-gets-slight-change-in-magic-kingdom-longtime-item-removed/

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta love a good "necessity is the mother of invention" hack!  :rofl2:

DFB Reader Snack Hack: Vanilla Dole Whip Float

September 8, 2015
By AJ

SUPER BUMMED that you can no longer get a Dole Whip Float with Vanilla ice cream at Magic Kingdom’s Aloha Isle?

Sunshine-Tree-Terrace-as-Aloha-Isle-1-60
Aloha Isle

Believe me, I feel your pain (though, for me, it’s the option for Orange Swirl that I miss).

Well, one of our clever DFB Readers, Farley N., came up with a way to get that pineapple/vanilla combo at the park, and kindly shared the strategy with us on our DFB Facebook Page:

“When I learned they got rid of the vanilla option, instead of crying and stomping my feet (which is what I wanted to do) I went to Aloha Isle and ordered 2 Pineapple juices and then went over to Sunshine Tree Terrace and ordered 4 vanilla ice creams (in large drinking cups) and then combined. The guy at Aloha Isle was impressed. LOL.” 

She even photo-documented the process!

Screen-Shot-2015-09-04-at-3.53.47-PM-700
Pineapple Juice from Aloha Isle, and Vanilla soft-serve from Sunshine Tree Terrace

11154236_10206440765492407_1072404589_o-
Making the Float

I gotta say, that in-the-moment idea to order the vanilla soft-serve in large drinking cups? A stroke of genius…

11973861_10206440764372379_1976616191_o.
Pineapple and Vanilla Dole Whip Float Hack!

Not bad! This is a great tactic for getting that tart-and-creamy vanilla and pineapple blend if you aren’t able to take time from your Magic Kingdom touring to head over to Pineapple Lanai at the Polynesian Village Resort (that’s the only spot where you can still get a pineapple-vanilla swirl, or the vanilla + pineapple juice float).

We’re still hopeful that the powers-that-be might read our pleas and bring back vanilla (and my vote for orange!) swirl options to Aloha Isle. But in the meantime, this idea ranks right there up with our Jungle Juice Float! Thanks so much for the great Snack Hack, Farley!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/09/08/dfb-reader-snack-hack-vanilla-dole-whip-float/

Gotta love a good "necessity is the mother of invention" hack!  :rofl2:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/09/08/dfb-reader-snack-hack-vanilla-dole-whip-float/

Thank goodness the blogger had the presence of mind to photograph the pouring of pineapple juice into the cup with the ice cream.

That is so complicated that us common dummies wouldn't know how to do it.

Stupid.

TCD