Globetrotting: to Disneyland Paris and back with TCD

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is comforting to me that even though I have been gone from FF a lot, and have missed out on so much, your selfies still suck.  The familiarity of it makes me feel right at home.   Carry on.

I agree with Dave. I bet salami and cheese were on the menu. Although if she was waving that stuff around I'm sure you would have accepted. Or maybe she assumed you had already had your horse grill yo

Did you try the cinnamon rolls at that quaint little coffee shop?  

I was hoping to be the 15,843 view of this epic report. Sadly I missed it by one.

Darn.  So close.

Glad to know you are still following along.

I think Linda has beat out Big Wendy. Those are big shoes to fill. 

I think the bus to the Fort might be one of the tests for the HDDR they were (or are) running. 

I agree.  Big Wendy is nothing compared to Linda.

I forgot about that bus test.  I found the thread where it was mentioned:  http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/15409-new-mk-bus-service-to-hdd-and-backyard-bbq/?hl=%2Bhoop+%2Btest

The original announcement was that it would run for four weeks starting on April 20th.  So, it should have been over by June 12, but maybe they extended the test?

TCD

And, the bonus content continues . . .

We left off with me on the way to the Fort for dinner.

I arrived via car, and had no problem being admitted by the vigilant guard at the guard shack.

Before parking and heading to the Settlement, I stopped by the 1300 loop and delivered a FWRR spike to WalkerFiend, who was there with his family.  We had a quick visit, and then I hopped the bus to the Settlement.

As I walked up there, I got my first look at the clearing that had recently been done to expand the golf cart parking area at Pioneer Hall:

6%2013%2015%20183_zpsymzwhjvr.jpg

For some unknown reason, they cleared out a bunch of wilderness to more than double the existing parking area:

6%2013%2015%20184_zpsjamackgf.jpg

I met up with Twin #1 and a friend of hers on the porch, and we ordered our chicken.

We claimed one of the two remaining picnic tables.  There used to be four on the porch. But then, they took away two and added those dreadful high top tables.

Well, the high top tables are now all gone.  But, they never brought back the other two picnic tables:

6%2013%2015%20186_zpsaudfe3n1.jpg

6%2013%2015%20187_zpsm92icwlg.jpg

It wasn't long before our buzzer buzzed, and we retrieved our chicken.  Note that they have stopped using buckets, and now use cardboard boxes to hold the chicken instead:

6%2013%2015%20189_zps6m1qubrc.jpg

You may wonder how they can get 10 pieces of chicken into that box.

Which is a good question.

The answer, unfortunately, is that the chicken pieces seem to have gotten smaller.

But, it's still the best deal on property.

We ate our chicken, and had plenty left over.

Then it was time to go.

Twin #1 and her friend wanted to go back to the MK.

I didn't feel like being the 3rd wheel.

So they went to the boat, and I headed on out.

I got to use the new sidewalk:

6%2013%2015%20190_zps7ucql0dq.jpg

And got to see the expanded parking area from this side:

6%2013%2015%20191_zpskfhtc3l5.jpg

6%2013%2015%20192_zpscfeq8dmf.jpg

They took out quite a few trees and a lot of wilderness for this project:

6%2013%2015%20194_zps0ileggwb.jpg

That does not look very magical, does it?

The new sidewalk is nice, and has been needed for a long time.  But, they blocked off one of the forks in the old path so golf carts can no longer use it.  That isn't going to help with the golf cart congestion in this area:

6%2013%2015%20197_zps1g3oupjy.jpg

The did a nice job with this sidewalk.  Instead of making it straight and boring, then made it winding and interesting:

6%2013%2015%20201_zps0iiwhbnl.jpg

You can now see the golf cart parking area through the remaining trees along the path.  The old wilderness used to shield this view:

6%2013%2015%20202_zpsf5qgdkbo.jpg

The VIP's who stay in these cabins will now have to get used to having guests walking by closer to them, and us commoners will have a better view of what the VIP's are up to:

6%2013%2015%20203_zps60pzdotz.jpg

The end of the new sidewalk now aligns with the crosswalk on Big Pine Drive:

6%2013%2015%20208_zpszalwmsa4.jpg

This sign is brand new.  The old sign that used to be here was from way back in the day when River Country used to be open.  You used to be able to see where they removed the River Country name from the sign.  No more:

6%2013%2015%20211_zpsqf8iwq2x.jpg

Here's a look at the layout of the new area.  Note that they did not widen the area where golf carts travel approaching Big Pine Drive.  That means it is still one-way traffic only through that small opening.  Which also doesn't help things:

6%2013%2015%20214_zpsnqkdklkx.jpg

I wanted to go and check on the 900 loop, and I could have walked over to the Settlement Bus Stop from here, but I decided to walk off some of that fried chicken, so I headed down the sidewalk.

Eventually, I walked right past my favorite campsite.  Look- the lucky guest who got Site 617 has a Big Green Egg!:

6%2013%2015%20215_zpsjqgsal1f.jpg

There was some construction going on at the 900 loop, where it appeared they were replacing drainage pipes:

6%2013%2015%20216_zpsf6parq8d.jpg

6%2013%2015%20217_zpszoq9sbxk.jpg

It was cool to see the loop completely empty, and I took a walk all the way around it:

6%2013%2015%20227_zps79rwcstk.jpg

6%2013%2015%20228_zps4djhojbd.jpg

From there, I headed to the bus stop to catch a ride to the Outpost.  It looks like there was another alleged bear sighting at the Fort:

6%2013%2015%20238_zpsgkajwbxr.jpg

It's remarkable to me that there have been so many bear sightings, and all of these stupid warning letters, and not once have I seen a photo of a bear at the Fort.

My bus came along, and I headed to the Outpost. Before heading to the car, I stopped to admire this view:

6%2013%2015%20239_zps4yh3p3hy.jpg

Too bad it was marred by the Four Seasons building popping through the trees in the background.

The trail ride area was deserted at this time of night.  All the horses were in their stalls and all was quiet:

6%2013%2015%20240_zpsqbypk2mz.jpg

6%2013%2015%20242_zpsmbdndouo.jpg

From here, I got in the car, and headed on out.

One last look at the Abomination through the trees:

6%2013%2015%20243_zpsdgbmhuzr.jpg

It seems like the overflow area for the overflow lot is open all the time now.  I don't understand how this is needed all the time, when the lot used to be adequate to accommodate not only all Fort guests but also guests visiting River Country:

6%2013%2015%20245_zpss4tzssof.jpg

That's all I have from June 12.

But, if you think that's all the bonus content, you're wrong.

There's still more to come!

TCD

The answer, unfortunately, is that the chicken pieces seem to have gotten smaller.

According to my sources at Theme Park Insider, Dollywood has the market cornered on large breasts.  So Disney is stuck with the smaller, less interesting ones.  Still tasty though, I'm sure.   

According to my sources at Theme Park Insider, Dollywood has the market cornered on large breasts.  So Disney is stuck with the smaller, less interesting ones.  Still tasty though, I'm sure.   

Even though we ordered all white meat, I intentionally used the word "pieces" when referring to the chicken for this very reason.

That didn't stop you, though.

LOL.

TCD

You know what I am realizing now that I am posting all of this bonus content?

We had a lot of visits to WDW in June (and July).

The twins are both in school this summer, but one or both of them seem to want to hit Disney on the weekends.  And the oldest TCD DD has been enjoying the summer at home before she embarks on her next adventure in a couple of weeks.

I think everyone is trying to get a good Disney fix before the big change comes in August.  Come August 1, the oldest DD is moving to Miami, and on August 11, the twins and I will make our cannonball run to Cali.

In the meantime, we've been hitting Disney World hard.

The last bonus content covered a one day visit on Friday June 12.

Guess where we ended up the very next weekend?

This one was different, though.

We were celebrating the oldest DD's birthday.  She hasn't been home for a birthday in at least 4 years.  She said she wanted to go to WDW.

I thought about getting a campsite and camping for the weekend.

But, it had been brutally hot.

And campsites at the Fort are expensive in June.

Twin #1 has a better idea.

She coerced her friend from UF who is currently working a PI (professional internship) in engineering at WDW to go on the hub and book us a nice hotel room.  He has been around for a lot of our summer trips, and has become an honorary TCD son.  The kid really came through, and found us a 50% off deal on a room at the Yacht Club Resort.

The TCD gang does not often go deluxe, but we were going to for this weekend.

Our room was the cheapest, least desirable room you can book at the Yacht Club.  That meant we were in for a nice view of the parking lot and/or dumpsters.

But, we would still be in a deluxe resort.

For not much more than a full priced premium campsite at the Fort would set us back.

The way this ended up working is that Twin #1 drove down from Gainesville earlier in the day, and she and her friend got some park time in and then went to the hotel to check in. 

Twin #2 would be arriving later from Tallahassee, and I would also be arriving in the late afternoon.

DD1 and Mrs. TCD had something to do, and would only join us on Saturday.

And that's how it went.

Twin #1 and her friend took care of the check in.

Apparently, they hit it off with the CM who checked them in, and before they knew it, she upgraded the room to a lake view.

So, this is what I saw from our balcony when I first arrived and checked out the room:

6%2020%2015%20001_zpsk4y0yrxo.jpg

The kids had already messed up the room a bit.  As you can see Bing Bong was allowed on the bed:

6%2020%2015%20003_zps1y13ldil.jpg

These rooms come with two queen beds plus a day bed.  And, the old mini bar has a small fridge in it:

6%2020%2015%20004_zpsim1i1t20.jpg

It was a super hot afternoon, and the first order of business was a dip in the very exclusive pool they have here.

But, as we got ready to head to the pool, we heard the rumble of thunder.

I went down to investigate.  The sky didn't look too bad here:

6%2020%2015%20010_zpsbfluxeem.jpg

Our room is up there, second from the top, in between the two that have awnings:

6%2020%2015%20011_zpshuwsmljz.jpg

The lightning meant the pool was closed.  It was weird to see it completely empty in the afternoon:

6%2020%2015%20012_zps3lwt1apz.jpg

6%2020%2015%20013_zpsvx7mnkpg.jpg

6%2020%2015%20014_zpsvkxfzjs1.jpg

6%2020%2015%20015_zpsphbagzjc.jpg

So no pool for now.

We hung out in the room for a bit and awaited the arrival of Twin #2.

When she arrived, we decided to head out for dinner.

It didn't look too bad out.  Despite a lot of thunder, it had not rained.  Those clouds could be trouble, though:

6%2020%2015%20017_zpsnkccgumt.jpg

6%2020%2015%20018_zpssoaqtcyh.jpg

We decided to walk to Epcot and eat at the Japan quick serve.

That worked out fine.

That's all we did in Epcot.

Then we took the boat to DHS.

None of us had seen the new Frozen fireworks show yet, so we decided tonight would be the night.

The only problem was that it started to rain as we waited there.

The DJ never came out, and at 9:24 pm, it wasn't certain that the show would go on:

6%2020%2015%20026_zps4bbkwaww.jpg

The fireworks show was supposed to begin at 9:30, but at 9:30 an announcement was made that it would be delayed.

There were several announcements after that.

10 came and went.

We kept getting the same announcement that the fireworks were temporarily delayed.

Then, just past 10, with no announcement or warning, the fireworks shot off:

6%2020%2015%20030_zpsya3thefo.jpg

6%2020%2015%20041_zpsmk06kftv.jpg

There was no musical accompaniment.  Which was weird.  Twin #1 has since seen the show performed properly, and told me that the show is choreographed with action and dialog that takes place during the stage show that wasn't performed tonight, presumably because of the rain.

After the fireworks, we hopped to the MK since they had Extra Magic Hours going on tonight.

We rode a few things there, including the Mine Train via the stand by line.  I think that was only the second time I've done the stand-by line.  It wasn't bad.

Then we called it a night.

I was up early the next day.  I went to find some coffee before going back to the room to wake everyone up.  We were going to do a rope drop this morning.  At a place I've never rope dropped.

They lock down the pool at night here, and don't reopen it until 9 am.

When I walked by before 8, it looked pretty inviting, but I couldn't go in there:

6%2020%2015%20044_zpsopbnl175.jpg

After what ended up being a rainy evening yesterday, it was nice to see a bright blue sky this morning:

6%2020%2015%20045_zpstkok4uxd.jpg

Summer means its time for crepe myrtle trees to bloom.  The ones below us were getting ready to be in full bloom:

6%2020%2015%20046_zpsbtqrj8ha.jpg

Our balcony was kind of small, but it had two chairs and a little table, and I liked it a lot:

6%2020%2015%20047_zpsuxjkn6gk.jpg

I got everyone up, and we headed downstairs for rope drop.

At the pool!:

6%2020%2015%20048_zpsc5borzcz.jpg

I learned here that they want to scan the MagicBand of every guest who wants to use the pool.  You can't show up with one band for the room.  Everyone has to have one.  I didn't have mine.  The kids went in, and I had to go back to the room to get mine.  Well, I would have if Twin #1's friend didn't throw me his MB over the fence.  Those things are more aerodynamic than KTTW cards.  I was able to put his band on, and the CM scanned it, and in I went.  File that information away, it may be useful to you some day.

We were only at the pool for less than an hour. That gave us enough time for two rides on he slide, a walk through the sinking sands, and a lap around the lazy river.

Then we headed to the room and got ready for the MK.  Twin #1's friend needed to run back to his apartment for something, and Twin #2 wanted to hang back and shower and take it easy and meet us later.  So it was just Twin #1 and I who headed to the MK.

We stopped at Casey's for lunch.  While I tried to get to the cheese pump, I had to wait for this guy, who was filling up beverage cups with sauerkraut, relish and salsa.  I guess he was making himself a free salad?:

6%2020%2015%20052_zpsnh5huah4.jpg

We actually got to sit inside in the AC.  That was nice, and we had a nice and leisurely lunch.  Then we headed out the back:

6%2020%2015%20053_zps8ct6k208.jpg

There is plenty of seating outside of Casey's now.  It does tend to stay full, though:

6%2020%2015%20054_zpssgp85m4d.jpg

I like this little corner of the park- it's kind of peaceful back here:

6%2020%2015%20055_zpsvkoeceih.jpg

6%2020%2015%20056_zpsb1qndtw4.jpg

The MK's crepe myrtle trees are blooming:

6%2020%2015%20057_zps5mhtt3xt.jpg

They had free water dispensers set up outside here.  I don't remember ever seeing them do that before:

6%2020%2015%20058_zpsccjqhbvz.jpg

I've noticed this piano player here quite a few times of late. He's very good, and obviously loves his job:

6%2020%2015%20060_zpsey2qj473.jpg

We had some FP+'s that we were going to use later.

For now, though, we had some time to kill.

We decided to kill it by taking a train ride.  We boarded at the Main Street station:

6%2020%2015%20061_zpslcud0cph.jpg

The detail of Big Thunder Mountain is fun to see from the train:

6%2020%2015%20070_zpsrko427qn.jpg

6%2020%2015%20074_zpsgpe6qh1c.jpg

We will need to stop this update right in the middle of our train ride, and we will finish the ride and move on in the next update.

TCD

I totally got left behind in France. After a red eye TR catch up I can honestly say WOW!  Love the pictures, Linda is creepy, Congratulations to your daughter, nice to see you have gained a son, the hotdogs photos make me hungry and the 24 hour event looked crazy. All in all seems like you are having a great time. Only 73 more days or so until we will be down seeing in real time all the places you show on your TR. 

6%2020%2015%20058_zpsccjqhbvz.jpg

I've noticed this piano player here quite a few times of late. He's very good, and obviously loves his job:

TCD

he's one of those blue tag legacy CM's ... we noticed that last week. he can also tell what people are celebrating by looking in the mirror on the piano as people walked behind him. it was impressive to see.

he's one of those blue tag legacy CM's ... we noticed that last week. he can also tell what people are celebrating by looking in the mirror on the piano as people walked behind him. it was impressive to see.

That's Jim.  Watched alot of him back in 2007.  Didn't get to seem him this past March.  In fact, didn't get to see anyone playing a piano at all.  I wanted to hear Maple Leaf Rag.

Man it's good to be TCD!

I told CP about your CM rate hook up for the Yacht Club last night and she turned to W and told him to get ready to work at WDW. lol

By the way that's great the friend has the professional internship, they don't have near as many of those as they do the regular CP did he say if being a previous CP helped him get it?  I would have loved to do the professional internship but I didn't learn about it until it was too late.

I really like your Yacht Club pictures too, we really liked staying there.  Our room was way down one of those winding hallways but was till really nice and was a great place to stay for the F&W.

Looking forward to more!

WBI

It wasn't long before our buzzer buzzed, and we retrieved our chicken.  Note that they have stopped using buckets, and now use cardboard boxes to hold the chicken instead:

But, it's still the best deal on property.

We ate our chicken, and had plenty left over.

Then it was time to go.

TCD

Ok serious chicken question. 

Do you ask for all white meat or all chicken breasts? 

Could I ask for all thighs and breasts?

Isn't there an up charge?  Is it still a great deal with an up charge and the smaller pieces?

Sorry I'm hungry and wanting to plan for our next trip!

WBI

... it would be so good to be TCD.

I've been trying to tell you that.

I totally got left behind in France. After a red eye TR catch up I can honestly say WOW!  Love the pictures, Linda is creepy, Congratulations to your daughter, nice to see you have gained a son, the hotdogs photos make me hungry and the 24 hour event looked crazy. All in all seems like you are having a great time. Only 73 more days or so until we will be down seeing in real time all the places you show on your TR. 

Glad that you're caught up!

Hopefully, the bonus content will be done before you get to the real thing.

I didn't notice the Legacy nametag.  I'm going to stop and listen to this fellow a bit longer the next time I see him.  He's definitely got talent.

If I have to run into a bear, I hope it is of the alleged species. That will keep me from having to change my shorts.

I hope the same for you.  Nobody wants to have to allegedly change his shorts. 

That's Jim.  Watched alot of him back in 2007.  Didn't get to seem him this past March.  In fact, didn't get to see anyone playing a piano at all.  I wanted to hear Maple Leaf Rag.

OK.  Jim.  Now we know his name.

Maple Leaf Rag is not a tune I am familiar with.  Sounds like a Canadian thing. 

Man it's good to be TCD!

I told CP about your CM rate hook up for the Yacht Club last night and she turned to W and told him to get ready to work at WDW. lol

By the way that's great the friend has the professional internship, they don't have near as many of those as they do the regular CP did he say if being a previous CP helped him get it?  I would have loved to do the professional internship but I didn't learn about it until it was too late.

I really like your Yacht Club pictures too, we really liked staying there.  Our room was way down one of those winding hallways but was till really nice and was a great place to stay for the F&W.

Looking forward to more!

WBI

Yes, it is good to be TCD.

That young man with the PI is doing another PI right after this one, but this time in Disneyland.  He never did the DCP- just the PI's.  He's a brilliant kid majoring in engineering at UF, and he wants to be an Imagnineer.  I think he's going to get there.  Unless he ends up hating Disney after these PI's.  So far, he likes it a lot.  The PI's are a lot more cushy than the DCP.

My wife has already instructed me that our next hotel stay will be that the Beach & Yacht Club. These pictures make me OK with that. :)

Listen to the boss.

The Yacht and Beach club is the bomb dot com.  You cannot beat the location.  Or the pool.

Ok serious chicken question. 

Do you ask for all white meat or all chicken breasts? 

Could I ask for all thighs and breasts?

Isn't there an up charge?  Is it still a great deal with an up charge and the smaller pieces?

Sorry I'm hungry and wanting to plan for our next trip!

WBI

We always order an all white meat GAG.  We always get 10 breasts.

The upcharge is $5, and well worth it.  I would guess that the weight of the all white meat option is double what you get over the regular order.

I think you could ask for all thighs and breasts, but they might charge the same upcharge for that, and it wouldn't be as good a deal.

TCD

I remember seeing more detail about piano player in another TR here a few months back. I've searched around and still haven't found it but will post a link if I do. I did find this web article about him.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/11/caseys-corner-piano-player-marks-30-years-playing-for-guests-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Let's squeeze in an update here before the weekend arrives.

We are now up to June 20th with this bonus content.

We left off about the Walt Disney World Railroad.

We left the train in Storybook Circus and took the walkway from there to Space Mountain.  We had some FP+'s to use there.

We were a bit early, so we ducked in the air conditioned gift shop next to the entrance.

They have some weird clothes for sale in here.

Such as:

6%2020%2015%20083_zpsdmjmna5d.jpg

That shirt reminded me of this one, which I posted a photo of earlier in this TR:

5%2013%2014%20874_zpsmqvcutdt.jpg

Why are they making Minnie look like she has a human body?

They need to cut that out.

Who wears short shorts?:

6%2020%2015%20085_zps4ex15qlg.jpg

We rode the mountain.

And, then we looked for something else that provided AC.

We found it.

I posted this photo already on another thread, but in case you missed it, the pumpkin from the "fall" scene at COP has gone missing, and has been replaced with a glass of orange juice:

6%2020%2015%20087_zpsr19dmvzk.jpg

You would think after all of these years that John would remember that his new oven responds to audio commands, but he burnt the stupid turkey again!:

6%2020%2015%20092_zpsxehujunm.jpg

Next up was supposed to be FOF.

In fact, the entire TCD crew joined us on Main Street, and we staked out an awesome spot to accommodate us all.

But, there was some thunder and lightning around then.

And they announced it would be delayed.

They made the same announcements several times.

And we sat there like dummies.

Finally, around 3:30, they announced that FOF was cancelled.

We didn't even get the Rainy Day Cavalcade.

We got nothing.

Boo.

And now we were hot.

We needed AC.

I knew where we could find some.

As luck would have it, my clamshell stopped right in front of the Sea Witch, and I was able to take this nice photo of her:

6%2020%2015%20098_zpsoloqizxt.jpg

Then we cashed in our FP+'s on the Mine Train.  The poor suckers in the standby line were dying:

6%2020%2015%20105_zpsbrhwneu5.jpg

Then we all had dinner at the Plaza.

That was sweet.

DD1 got a free cupcake because she was wearing her Birthday button.

And, DD1's BFF from Orlando showed up to spend some time with her that evening.

We rode Space again.

I borrowed one of the twins' Shellie Mae bags:

6%2020%2015%20106_zpsdpr2qx3l.jpg

I stole that idea from them.

We had more fun at the MK that night.

And then headed back to the hotel and dropped.

The next day was Sunday, June 21.

We had to check out that day, but Twin #1 had called the night before and got us a late check-out for 12:30.

That gave us some time to hit a park before we had to leave.

We boated over to DHS so we could see the new Frozen parade, which had just started earlier in the week.

None of us had seen it yet.

We grabbed the first shady spot we could find, which was in the same area as where we had watched the last two Star Wars parades.  Some DHS CM's were setting up for something when we arrived:

6%2020%2015%20108_zpsqgcw2nv8.jpg

I had not seen this act before.  What it involves is the CM's stopping guests and interviewing them as if they are actual celebrities:

6%2020%2015%20109_zpsaxrdsdn2.jpg

I knew as soon as this monkey business started that they would pick on me. 

Sure enough, the female CM comes up to me and says; "Oh my gosh, it's Steve Martin!," and she tried to get me to get up and follow her.  Normally, I'll play along with such nonsense, but I had a nice spot in the shade, and I wasn't going to lose it.  So I told the CM that she was mistaken, I was not Steve Martin.  She was disappointed.  But not for long, because soon she had found Kim Kardashian:

6%2020%2015%20112_zps8zo8fc9s.jpg

They stopped a few more guests.

I thought they needed to be more careful with this, but in the end, nobody was offended.

Then they cleared the street, and the parade began.

One thing that was different about how they cleared the street for this one is that they were very vigilant about making everyone sit back, and not even have their feet in the street.  You'll see why in a moment.

The parade began with flag twirlers:

6%2020%2015%20114_zps6whdon8h.jpg

6%2020%2015%20116_zpsczuxi28s.jpg

This year, Anna and Elsa ride separately.

Anna gets to ride in a sleigh pulled by a horse from the Fort:

6%2020%2015%20118_zpsz028xd9m.jpg

The Royal Poop Scoopers of Arendale:

6%2020%2015%20119_zpscxiofhhy.jpg

Check out the domes on these skaters.  I don't remember they having giant helmets under their hats last year:

6%2020%2015%20121_zpsws5xjnvu.jpg

That empty house float from last year now has a rider on it:

6%2020%2015%20123_zpsw29sxp0k.jpg

These guys on skis have really lucked into a long-term gig:

6%2020%2015%20125_zpse2hvwsfc.jpg

Ice cutters:

6%2020%2015%20129_zpsyzc9nttj.jpg

Kristoff:

6%2020%2015%20131_zpstskhjdt7.jpg

It looks like the headgear on the Snowflake gals is bigger this year too:

6%2020%2015%20133_zpscexo6uyh.jpg

This big Elsa float is new this year.  It's pretty nice:

6%2020%2015%20134_zpsts2khpud.jpg

We didn't know that this was going to happen, and it ended up that we were in a good spot for it- Elsa came down off the float and walked up the street:

6%2020%2015%20140_zps1vt04rxj.jpg

6%2020%2015%20141_zpsp4z4qj3k.jpg

All the people who had marched past us now walked in a big circle around the street while they played songs from the movie:

6%2020%2015%20146_zpsf5tbp1ms.jpg

6%2020%2015%20147_zpsry9aebdd.jpg

Then it started snowing:

6%2020%2015%20148_zpsd1pqva0g.jpg

And Elsa came back, and got back up on her float:

6%2020%2015%20152_zpsj6x8u6zm.jpg

6%2020%2015%20157_zpsawvo0jo1.jpg

And then on they went.

We thought that was it.

But one more group surprised us coming down the street,

Unfortunately, you will have to wait for the next update to see what came next, as we have reached the photo limit for this post.

TCD

I didn't notice the Legacy nametag.  I'm going to stop and listen to this fellow a bit longer the next time I see him.  He's definitely got talent.

TCD

we started paying attention to the blue tags after meeting Barbara on Main Street ... Jamie Holton of Off Kilter was also a legacy cast member. (and that's all I have to say about that. LOL)  Piano dude was the 3rd we'd ever seen. 

OK.  Jim.  Now we know his name.

Maple Leaf Rag is not a tune I am familiar with.  Sounds like a Canadian thing. 

TCD

I bet you are familiar with it.  It's the most famous ragtime song.

And it's from Missouri

Here is Jim playing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5mhwBTkBuI

Wow....I haven't had a chance to read your TR for a couple of weeks and I am now caught up. As you've said, "it's good to be TCD", but I could not be you. ...because I am tired just reading along:) I get the Starbucks, but seriously. ..how are you not exhausted? :) Love it! !

Disney Paris, I thought the grounds were pretty but was surprised at how empty the place seemed to be.

Paris....very pretty!! Love the architecture and the museums there. Notre Dame was beautiful! The view from your room...sweet!

Bummer about the pickpocket. People stink :(

24 hours at Disney? Hmmm... I think I could do maybe 10. Would that work? :) The people passed out while "watching" the movie, that picture cracked me up :)

The Linda gal at MGM...odd.

Oh. ..congrats to your daughter on her job. Yay!!

Like I said...I'm tired just reading along, but this TR was AWESOME !!! It's great just being a Fiend of TCD :)

Even though we ordered all white meat, I intentionally used the word "pieces" when referring to the chicken for this very reason.

That didn't stop you, though.

LOL.

TCD

You know Dave can't hold back! We've always gotten 10 breasts too, very much worth the upcharge. 

New Frozen additions to the parade look much better. Have you seen the show in the new theater yet? 

I remember seeing more detail about piano player in another TR here a few months back. I've searched around and still haven't found it but will post a link if I do. I did find this web article about him.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/11/caseys-corner-piano-player-marks-30-years-playing-for-guests-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Thanks for the link.  I read the Disney Parks Blog regularly, but don't recall this post.

The video included in that post is weird. They are doing a feature on this guy at the MK, but the video shows the Disneyland castle.  Strange.

we started paying attention to the blue tags after meeting Barbara on Main Street ... Jamie Holton of Off Kilter was also a legacy cast member. (and that's all I have to say about that. LOL)  Piano dude was the 3rd we'd ever seen. 

I always pay attention to the blue legacy name tags too.  There are a lot of them around if you look.  Not just on performers and people out in the public eye.  I've seen them on CM's working the quick serve restaurants, and even custodial CM's.

I bet you are familiar with it.  It's the most famous ragtime song.

And it's from Missouri

Here is Jim playing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5mhwBTkBuI

Thanks for that link.  Yes, I'm familiar with that tune, but not the name of it.

Jim is a really talented guy!

Wow....I haven't had a chance to read your TR for a couple of weeks and I am now caught up. As you've said, "it's good to be TCD", but I could not be you. ...because I am tired just reading along:) I get the Starbucks, but seriously. ..how are you not exhausted? :) Love it! !

Disney Paris, I thought the grounds were pretty but was surprised at how empty the place seemed to be.

Paris....very pretty!! Love the architecture and the museums there. Notre Dame was beautiful! The view from your room...sweet!

Bummer about the pickpocket. People stink :(

24 hours at Disney? Hmmm... I think I could do maybe 10. Would that work? :) The people passed out while "watching" the movie, that picture cracked me up :)

The Linda gal at MGM...odd.

Oh. ..congrats to your daughter on her job. Yay!!

Like I said...I'm tired just reading along, but this TR was AWESOME !!! It's great just being a Fiend of TCD :)

Glad that you're all caught up.

Because I'm about to post some more.

Eventually, I'm going to run out of bonus content.

But not yet!

Finally caught up and loving every minute!  

I'm glad that you're still here.  I was starting to worry something happened.

You know Dave can't hold back! We've always gotten 10 breasts too, very much worth the upcharge. 

New Frozen additions to the parade look much better. Have you seen the show in the new theater yet? 

You and I are on the same page with GAG.

Yes, the Frozen parade is much better this year.  The few tweaks they did really improved it.

Yes, I've seen the Sing-a-long in the new theater twice now.  The tweaks they did there also improved it.  Plus, I got to see Six Bits for one of the performances.  He was great!  If you're planning to go DO NOT use a FP+, there is no reserved FP+ area, and no benefit that I can see to having a FP+.

The next best thing, is "it's good to be a TCD TR reader" ;)

Thanks, Fred.

TCD