Heading up to the Fort for the first time next month...I noticed when my family and I were there last weekend that the FW directional signs take you through the MK parking turnstiles. Is that the way most folks go? Seems to me that the preferred way towing a large trailer would be to take Bonnet Creek Pkwy to Vista Blvd. Suggestions?

My son has no problem with that turn with his 35' 5th wheel and crew cab truck. It is a very wide road you are turning into. It is easier than going through the main narrow gates and having to get over to the very right lane in a short distance.

The issue with that route is the hard right turn to get into the Fort guard shack. It is close to a 180 degree turn. I prefer to go through the MK booths just for the visual.

Ditto.  For us that turn is problematic unless we swing super wide into the oncoming traffic lane. (33' TT behind a Ford Excursion)

We don't find the MK turnstiles a problem.  I think they're wider than some of toll booths we come through along 95.

That brings up another question. Has anyone tried using the back gate with their Magic Bands before going to the check in booths? Perhaps with online checkin?

Do you mean go through the back gate, park in the overflow lot and check in at the Outpost building?  May be easier, especially if there is a line of campers. 

My son has no problem with that turn with his 35' 5th wheel and crew cab truck. It is a very wide road you are turning into. It is easier than going through the main narrow gates and having to get over to the very right lane in a short distance.

If you stay to the right as you approach the booths, you only have to deal with the bus lane when you take the right turn to the Fort.

We hadn't been thru the toll booths for years until we got the PUP.  We always came in the back way to the Fort.

Great advice from both sides. Guess I'll flip a coin to decide our route...although I am quite sure that the kids would love going through the gate. Kinda funny though, in our 20+ trips over the last several years, I have never recalled seeing any RV's going through the gate. I have seen them parked in the MK lot, so they had to come through there. Here is another question...how many of ya'll take the 417 toll route to bypass Orlando downtown (we already have Sunpass) or do you still prefer to take I-4 all the way? We will be traveling to FW on a Sunday afternoon and I am thinking of driving straight through. Although it has been my experience though that I-4 can be very busy at any time on any day. 

how many of ya'll take the 417 toll route to bypass Orlando downtown (we already have Sunpass) or do you still prefer to take I-4 all the way?

As long as we're not coming through Orlando at rush hour we go I-4 all the way.

When we drove down in April we kept tabs on Google Maps and it was showing clear sailing right through, so we stayed on I-4. Now that's a handy app!  :)

I did the main gate this time for the "wow" factor of getting to Disney (though, the "Walt Disney World" sign was probably sufficient for the kids). I think I'll pass it next time- with the dually and wide trailer- I felt really cramped in the lane I was in. I've chuckled at the idea of just straddling 2 lanes and the cement barrier next time. :)

You could do 417 to the Beachline (528) toll.  That drops you back on I-4 around SeaWorld.  Unless there's an accident it's usually pretty clear from there to Disney.

It just seems like 417 goes out of the way after it crosses the Beachline.

A while back, I used the path tool on Google Earth to determine the difference in mileage of I-4 and 417 from Sanford to the World Center Dr. exit. It was only a 15 mile difference....I know that sounds like alot, but I have sat still in traffic on I-4 long enough to go 30 miles sometimes! Lol.