• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes... we're having a lot of fun :)

I think it's a great color, just not for a truck :D Go Vols!

To me, a buyback is the same thing as a lemon. Will they disclose the reason for the buyback? Also, if it is a buyback, it probably will decrease its resell value. Just a thought. For GMC, I have not

My 13 year old DD has told us she would like a red truck for her 16th Birthday.

We laughed.

You can do what my parents did to me for my 16th.  Since the age of 8, I wanted a 1980's Blue Monte Carlo SS.  So, on my 16th back in 1992, they said they had a surprise for me in the garage.  Right there in the garage to my dismay sitting on the floor was an AMT Monte Carlo SS model in the box.  Oh, they got a good laugh.  5 years later, bought the real thing and still have it.  They weren't thinking ahead back then and forgot I'm going to have a say in what nursing home they go to... :lol:  >:D  :dance:  :rofl3:

I like my F150 gasser. It is big enough to pull my trailer and too big for my wife to drive.

If you can find a 350 you will be better off due to the higher payload capacity. On a 4x4 diesel payload on a 250 will be around 1800lbs on a 350 you will be around 3300lbs. If you ever wanted to haul a golf cart with you the 350 would be much better. As far as mpg it will be the same.

If something is mass produced, yet it's difficult to attain on the secondary market, that's a good sign. The F250 2011+ Diesel. Is a good example. It's a high margin earner for the parent company, and I can't see them purposely leaving money on the table. Same can probably be said for gm/dodge, but I'm personally familar with ford. I gave up looking used, and bought new. If you get a great deal like the black gasser above with 4:30s, get it. Those deals are fleeting. I drive vehilcles until major mechanical issues pop up. I'm hoping to be buried in my current rig. They tell me diesels last quite awhile.

If you can find a 350 you will be better off due to the higher payload capacity. On a 4x4 diesel payload on a 250 will be around 1800lbs on a 350 you will be around 3300lbs. If you ever wanted to haul a golf cart with you the 350 would be much better. As far as mpg it will be the same.

Amen - Dually might have a bit less mpg due to extra weight, but SRW should be no different.   Rule of thumb, always buy a bigger truck than you need to so you have "growing room" down the road....

Well, all this truck talk has me seeing stars. And it mayyyyy have had an effect on my wife, or maybe it was breaking down twice on the last trip. Therefore, I present the new to us 2008 f250 v10 with 4.30 gears. The dodge cummins was fun and all, but it's really neat to be able to talk to each other while driving- and I forgot that radios weren't just for showing the time. 114k on the clock, was a work truck of sorts, but the price was right and I don't mind a little tlc. I search the entire country for a good looking v10 with the 4.30 gears and I could only find one, and it happened to be about 40 minutes from home. She is pretty. And the trucks not bad either.20150711_130047_zps06cc8165.jpg

Just wondering what mpg you are getting with the v-10?

Just wondering what mpg you are getting with the v-10?

Hard to say yet,  I only drive 2.4 miles to work in the summer (just googled it).  I did drive a bit on the interstate the first few days and the trip computer got up past 13, and now is showing 10.3.  I have spent the last week working on it. Truck was cheap,  but I have already replaced/ repaired

1. All 4 shocks

2. Rear Rotors, Calipers, Pads (frozen slides I couldn't remove)

3. Rear backing plates and axle seals (total rustication)

4. Bought a spare key and fob (Cloned key was 60 bucks at wal-mart- dealer wanted 100)

5. Added tonneau and ventshades

6. Major dash squeak (found loose screw near windshield on a youtube tip)

7. Running board lights (crushed wire)

8. Pressure washed and fluid filmed the entire undercarriage. (took an entire gallon of fluid film- this thing is long!)

9. Touch up paint all major chips

10. Rotated tires ( fronts were seriously cupping from leaking shocks) 

11. Oil change, Air filter

12.Drain, seal and fill both differentials.

I still need to : 

Have drivers seat bottom repaired from edge tear

Rebuild passenger hub so auto hub lock works again

Add a B&W turnover to accept our BW companion.

Still was a good deal though!

Hope to get her to the fort soon. 

Hard to say yet,  I only drive 2.4 miles to work in the summer (just googled it).  I did drive a bit on the interstate the first few days and the trip computer got up past 13, and now is showing 10.3.  I have spent the last week working on it. Truck was cheap,  but I have already replaced/ repaired

1. All 4 shocks

2. Rear Rotors, Calipers, Pads (frozen slides I couldn't remove)

3. Rear backing plates and axle seals (total rustication)

4. Bought a spare key and fob (Cloned key was 60 bucks at wal-mart- dealer wanted 100)

5. Added tonneau and ventshades

6. Major dash squeak (found loose screw near windshield on a youtube tip)

7. Running board lights (crushed wire)

8. Pressure washed and fluid filmed the entire undercarriage. (took an entire gallon of fluid film- this thing is long!)

9. Touch up paint all major chips

10. Rotated tires ( fronts were seriously cupping from leaking shocks) 

11. Oil change, Air filter

12.Drain, seal and fill both differentials.

I still need to : 

Have drivers seat bottom repaired from edge tear

Rebuild passenger hub so auto hub lock works again

Add a B&W turnover to accept our BW companion.

Still was a good deal though!

Hope to get her to the fort soon.

I was just curious. My work truck is a v10 with a 4:30 but its a drw and has a service body on it. If I baby it and do 65 on the highway I can get 10 mpg but at 75 I am getting 8 to 9 mpg. Towing it's about 7 mpg

Dually is a killer. I drove a 6.7 f550 service body about 250 miles a few weeks ago. 10 mpg highway.

I had been wondering what a 6.7 would do with a service body on it.

I'd be interested to know what the diff gear is in a 550 - thinking it was a 4:30 which would be much worse than a 350 with a 3.73.

Did you guys find anything yet or take a break from searching? Did that 2013 RAM ever get fixed?

Hoping to look at the Ram this weekend; the work is almost complete.  Our truck did fine this past week to FL, so now our goal is to have something by Labor Day (which is our next trip to the mountains).

So... this 2013 Dodge Ram that Tom has been talking to this owner/dealer (not a "dealership" just a guy who flips them really) about, well they've been talking for 3 or 4 weeks now and the entire time the price was set; today he tells us it's going to be $6k more.  He says he had to do more work on it than expected, but my guess is he's received several calls expressing interest and decided to push the price up...

Irritating and incredibly frustrating....

So... this 2013 Dodge Ram that Tom has been talking to this owner/dealer (not a "dealership" just a guy who flips them really) about, well they've been talking for 3 or 4 weeks now and the entire time the price was set; today he tells us it's going to be $6k more.  He says he had to do more work on it than expected, but my guess is he's received several calls expressing interest and decided to push the price up...

Irritating and incredibly frustrating....

I would offer him the original price and if he won't take it move on. 6 grand is a big jump.