They could have made it real interesting by building a roundabout at the intersection.   :popo:  :rotfl5:

:rofl2:

Living in the land where they'll plunk a roundabout just 'cause "this new plaza in on a hill and and need to slow people down so maybe they'll stop here" this is particularly funny to imagine.

Living in the land where they'll plunk a roundabout just 'cause "this new plaza in on a hill and and need to slow people down so maybe they'll stop here" this is particularly funny to imagine.

According to a friend from Boston the correct way to use a round-a-bout is "NEVER" look at the other driver, act like you don't see them. He said his car has 100,000 miles on it with the original brakes, but he has replaced the horn 3 times.. :rotfl6:

According to a friend from Boston the correct way to use a round-a-bout is "NEVER" look at the other driver, act like you don't see them. He said his car has 100,000 miles on it with the original brakes, but he has replaced the horn 3 times.. :rotfl6:

I drove through Boston last week for the first time in a while.

Yep - that's about right.  LOL

Here in NH we're a wee bit more polite, or possibly just confused about who exactly should be in which lane and how the heck to get out of the thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgX6qlJEMc

The square here in Gettysburg can get interesting during tourist season with all the different drivers from all over displaying their different round a bout driving skills :ph34r:

I refuse to go throught the square in Gettysburg, traffic is usually backed up anyway. I either go down Middle St or I'll "cut" through Culp's Hill, depending where I'm going.

I grew up driving circles, so they don't bother me, but NJ is slowly taking them all out.

Best Regards,

Norm

I don't miss Boston traffic, Lived in Nashua NH for 8 years and worked just outside of Boston.... my commute has been reduced from 45 miles one way to 70 feet as my boss lets me work from home....now in Florida....

I don't miss Boston traffic, Lived in Nashua NH for 8 years and worked just outside of Boston.... my commute has been reduced from 45 miles one way to 70 feet as my boss lets me work from home....now in Florida....

Nice!  I live just across the river from Nashua, but have thankfully avoided having to regularly commute to/near Boston.

I'm mostly working from home now too, although I went into the office today for the first time in weeks.  Coincidentally I drove through 2 roundabouts to get there!

Nice! I live just across the river from Nashua, but have thankfully avoided having to regularly commute to/near Boston.

I'm mostly working from home now too, although I went into the office today for the first time in weeks. Coincidentally I drove through 2 roundabouts to get there!

Hudson ?

In case you're wondering, here's what it looks like:. Tonight, the turning lane was closed. You had to make a hard right at the intersection. fff911f966c7091a09cc72a4edb61c80.jpg

Yeesh - that looks like a party.

not

So, is a roundabout any more dangerous than a diverging diamond?

Now that just sounds flat out dangerous.  8)

have you been through the two new ones in pelham center? Thought I'd be funny & go around few times. They are so small Trevor got dizzy & almost lost his lunch.