• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know... it is the parent's fault however, how often have we talked about Disney looking the other way when they see foolish people on golf carts?  I think most people who come to the Fort, do so at

If someone gets hurt it isn't Disney that should be sued. Where are the idiots who gave birth to those children? I'm pretty sure they signed the rental agreement, not the kids. TCD

I AGREE--- it's the parents faults- NOT Disney,.... They have rules-- parents need to wake up and actually, I don't know,.... Parent? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I don't get is that it's such an easy problem to fix. But Disney won't do anything about it. Why?

Are they scared of making people mad who break the rules?

Why don't they enforce rules for the large groups that cause so many problems?  How about overcrowded individual sites? How about phantom sites? Groups taking over the pool? etc etc etc.

It seems to be a Disney policy to take the money and run...... especially at the Fort.

It seems to be a Disney policy to take the money and run...... especially at the Fort.

Bingo!

It is painfully clear that the Fort is operated as a cash cow.  The shortsighted view of management is that enforcing rules costs money, and does not provide an economic return. 

There's no doubt that they will see things much differently if they get hit with a huge lawsuit when a guest is seriously injured by an underage golf cart driver.  Or when occupancy finally drops when guests are fed up enough and stop coming.

Until then, it will only get worse.

TCD

Why don't they enforce rules for the large groups that cause so many problems?  How about overcrowded individual sites? How about phantom sites? Groups taking over the pool? etc etc etc.

I wonder how many people here have ever been asked for their guest card when sitting around another resort's pool, and how many times have you ever seen anyone check the people at the Fort's pool?  Other tnan on special holidays of course.

I wonder how many people here have ever been asked for their guest card when sitting around another resort's pool, and how many times have you ever seen anyone check the people at the Fort's pool?  Other tnan on special holidays of course.

My next trip I am checking id's at the pool.

I wonder how many people here have ever been asked for their guest card when sitting around another resort's pool, and how many times have you ever seen anyone check the people at the Fort's pool? Other tnan on special holidays of course.

I've stayed at several Disney resorts and from what I've seen the only place they check is at the yacht/beach club. They have CMs at every entry point checking. The first day we stayed there I took my DD to the pool and the cm made us go and get her guest card. I wonder if they now have MB readers set up at the entry points.

I wonder how many people here have ever been asked for their guest card when sitting around another resort's pool, and how many times have you ever seen anyone check the people at the Fort's pool? Other tnan on special holidays of course.

Last Christmas we stayed at AKL Jambo house and took the bus to AKL Kidani and used their pool. It is allowed so we didn't break any rules but nobody asked us or checked if we were guests there. Any body could have come to the resort pool and jump on in.

I've been checked at the fort. I thanked them. They thought I was being sarcastic.

I assume this was back in the time when they issued KTTW cards.  I haven't seen or heard of them using a MB reader at the Fort pool.

They are vigilant about using the MB readers at the Yacht and Beach Club pool- every guest has to have one.  And, they scan each one before issuing a paper wristband to the guest to wear.

TCD

I assume this was back in the time when they issued KTTW cards.  I haven't seen or heard of them using a MB reader at the Fort pool.

They are vigilant about using the MB readers at the Yacht and Beach Club pool- every guest has to have one.  And, they scan each one before issuing a paper wristband to the guest to wear.

TCD

Sitting outside at Beaches & Cream, we noticed that they seem to be extra diligent about checking those that use that pool.  I wonder why that is true?

I got checked once at Wilderness Lodge, just sitting around the pool.  The DW had gone inside the lodge to look for something in the store and I was just waiting on her to come back out.  The lifeguard that was doing the checking asked me to leave the area although I wasn't even wearing a bathing suit and the pool was only about half full at the time.  I just chalked it off as more Disney Magic in action.

Sitting outside at Beaches & Cream, we noticed that they seem to be extra diligent about checking those that use that pool.  I wonder why that is true?

It's thought to be one of the best, most elaborate pools on property, and one of the biggest. 

Stormalong Bay

Take the plunge at this beachside water park area that offers 3 acres of aquatic fun for the whole family.

Catch currents in an expansive sand-bottomed pool. From atop the mast of a life-sized shipwreck replica, zip down a 230-foot-long waterslide, one of the highest hotel slides at Walt Disney World Resort. Float down the lazy river on a rented inner tube, unwind in one of 3 whirlpool spas or simply relax on the elevated tanning deck.

Children can wade into the main pool from the gently sloping, sandy beach and cool off in the kiddie pool—complete with a miniature waterslide.

With 795,000 gallons of water comprising an impressive complex of pools that range from swirling to placid, open to secluded and cool to warm, every member of your family can find a place to make a splash at Stormalong Bay.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/beach-club-resort/pools-beach-club-resort/

It was also the first one where they seriously cracked down on making sure only guests of those resorts were allowed in. I'm not sure if that was a reaction to the pool being mobbed in the beginning because other people were coming in, or they just assumed it would be and nipped it in the bud.

It's thought to be one of the best, most elaborate pools on property, and one of the biggest. 

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/beach-club-resort/pools-beach-club-resort/

It was also the first one where they seriously cracked down on making sure only guests of those resorts were allowed in. I'm not sure if that was a reaction to the pool being mobbed in the beginning because other people were coming in, or they just assumed it would be and nipped it in the bud.

I had assumed that the pool being so elaborate was probably the answer.  Most likely would be abused since it is so large an area and watching for new arrivals would be so difficult, so checking at the entry points makes sense.  Still, one must wonder why entry to the Fort pool isn't checked any better than it is.