• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know... it is the parent's fault however, how often have we talked about Disney looking the other way when they see foolish people on golf carts?  I think most people who come to the Fort, do so at

If someone gets hurt it isn't Disney that should be sued. Where are the idiots who gave birth to those children? I'm pretty sure they signed the rental agreement, not the kids. TCD

I AGREE--- it's the parents faults- NOT Disney,.... They have rules-- parents need to wake up and actually, I don't know,.... Parent? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we were there week before last I think I saw more kids driving carts then ever and every one was a Disney cart. One of them had 5 to 6 kids on it age range 5 to 10.

Total BS

When we were there week before last I think I saw more kids driving carts then ever and every one was a Disney cart. One of them had 5 to 6 kids on it age range 5 to 10.

So scary...and so wrong. I'm sorry to say this, but Disney needs to get sued; maybe then they'd start paying attention and enforcing the rules.

So scary...and so wrong. I'm sorry to say this, but Disney needs to get sued; maybe then they'd start paying attention and enforcing the rules.

If someone gets hurt it isn't Disney that should be sued. Where are the idiots who gave birth to those children? I'm pretty sure they signed the rental agreement, not the kids.

TCD

If someone gets hurt it isn't Disney that should be sued. Where are the idiots who gave birth to those children? I'm pretty sure they signed the rental agreement, not the kids.

TCD

I AGREE--- it's the parents faults- NOT Disney,.... They have rules-- parents need to wake up and actually, I don't know,.... Parent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCD

While I totally agree with this, something has to happen to wake Disney up and have them start doing something to control people.  Last night we watched the July 4th fireworks at Epcot.  They were absolutely outstanding.  However, when leaving, the parking lot was a mess, and there was not a single Disney security guard, parking attendant or other cast member in sight.  It was literally a free for all.  There were three lanes merging into one, and nobody seemed to be willing to take turns.  Finally a guy who was behind me (and very nicely let me out of my spot) parked his car, got out and ran into the road to stop traffic.  He then proceeded to direct traffic and cleared the mess.  When a single guest has to get out of his car and handle the situation easily, that doesn't make Disney look good at all.  I do believe this guy, who was my hero for the day, was a policeman at home; because he sure knew how to direct traffic.  

While I totally agree with this, something has to happen to wake Disney up and have them start doing something to control people.  Last night we watched the July 4th fireworks at Epcot.  They were absolutely outstanding.  However, when leaving, the parking lot was a mess, and there was not a single Disney security guard, parking attendant or other cast member in sight.  It was literally a free for all.  There were three lanes merging into one, and nobody seemed to be willing to take turns.  Finally a guy who was behind me (and very nicely let me out of my spot) parked his car, got out and ran into the road to stop traffic.  He then proceeded to direct traffic and cleared the mess.  When a single guest has to get out of his car and handle the situation easily, that doesn't make Disney look good at all.  I do believe this guy, who was my hero for the day, was a policeman at home; because he sure knew how to direct traffic.

We had the same problem leaving HS one night after the Star Wars show. It was the same with downtown Disney. They cram thousands of cars into a lot with no plan to get them out in a civilized manner

TCD

I know... it is the parent's fault however, how often have we talked about Disney looking the other way when they see foolish people on golf carts?  I think most people who come to the Fort, do so at least once a year; so there are lots of "repeat offenders".  With that, I wonder what would happen if Disney really buckled down and started to enforce the rules; if they saw someone poorly driving a rented cart, they should take it away.  Right then and there.  If they see someone poorly driving a private owned cart, same thing.  They should tell the guest that they can either have their golf cart stored by Disney (for a fee of course) for the duration of their stay or they can check out of the campground without a refund.  I wonder if Disney enforced rules, how quickly we might see an change?  Also, curious... when a person brings their own personal GC, do they register it with the front desk?  If you report an issue with a driver on a cart, can Disney track down the owner?  If I were Disney (or, that's a lovely game :) ), I would pass out a bright neon peace of paper with the GC rules (and consequences) clearly written; each guest would have to sign one with they checked in... every person in the party (16 and older) would need to sign it.  Then, I would do the hard work of enforces the rules.  My guess is Disney would get some pushback and angry people for the first year, but then it would mellow out and improve.   Of course, I also wouldn't allow 5 families to share one campsite... but that's a whole other thread on its own ;)

Oh goodness... the number of times that I've wanted to do that (get out and direct traffic)!   So nice of that individual to do that and you're probably right in that he was a police officer as I'm guessing most of us probably wouldn't do a bang-up job... or maybe we would, but that would be the problem  :lol:

Oh goodness... the number of times that I've wanted to do that (get out and direct traffic)!   So nice of that individual to do that and you're probably right in that he was a police officer as I'm guessing most of us probably wouldn't do a bang-up job... or maybe we would, but that would be the problem  :lol:

I just don't get Disney's (and Busch Gardens) lack of traffic control leaving parking lots when the parks close.

It's not like this is something new, they have been doing it for years.

I can think of a couple of reasons:

One is that they've already gotten your $$, so they don't care anymore about you

Two, especially about Disney, is that they make it miserable for you to drive and they are hoping you decide to stay on property and use their transportation.

We haven't been to the parks in years (just started again), and the last time we went previously we used internal transportation.

This was the first time in ages that we attempted to drive to a park.

Busch Gardens funnels their premium parking lot back into the regular lot, so it's a nightmare trying to leave at park closing.

They do have a couple of back exits from the regular lot, but you never know if they are open or closed unless you get out of line and try going that way.

Every time I've seen a kid driving a golf cart at the Fort (and there have been a bunch of times) it was a Disney rental.

Last trip we had a CM come around us at the Settlement entrance to stop the cart in front of us. She'd been tailing us (and them) since the Meadows TP.  10-12 yo was driving with parents and 3 other kids in the cart.  She just told them that the kid couldn't drive and made him and Dad switch.  No big deal - on your way.  (sigh)

seemed to be a theme over the weekend, as well. there was one group of boys that stood out to us ... they were older than 5-10, but definitely tween/early teen age .... but, wow, they were all over the place on Sunday. loud kids. disney cart. 

OMG. We were in the Epcot mess. I wasn't sure we were getting out of there without an incident. It was awful. 

my question is when a cart full of kids hit the side of my rig? Who is responsible? Disney the cart owner, the uninsured, under age driver, or My insurance. My guess is it is only a matter of time before we all find out the above answers. Or the most the likely to get hit is a Disney bus. 

I think when Disney finally cracks down on this, it will mean the end of bringing personal carts to the fort. Or wait til a personal cart causes a lawsuit for Disney. I'm all for personal carts since I own one, but someday Disney will wake up and realize how many of us will turn into smucks and rent one when we can't bring our own.

my question is when a cart full of kids hit the side of my rig? Who is responsible? Disney the cart owner, the uninsured, under age driver, or My insurance. My guess is it is only a matter of time before we all find out the above answers. Or the most the likely to get hit is a Disney bus.

Your insurance of course! And then you'll

Be sued by their parents for harming their innocent children. Because you know that's how it works.

We were donating my husbands old car and they were coming to pick it up on Wednesday so that Monday I called my insurance to drop it. They said not to drop it until the car is gone because if the mailman walls by it and trips because he bumped into it, gets his mailbag caught on it etc and gets hurt the claim would go against the car. Crazy.

I think when Disney finally cracks down on this, it will mean the end of bringing personal carts to the fort. Or wait til a personal cart causes a lawsuit for Disney. I'm all for personal carts since I own one, but someday Disney will wake up and realize how many of us will turn into smucks and rent one when we can't bring our own.

Every single time I've seen a kid driving a cart, it's been a Disney rental. And that includes the one that came screaming out of the 300 canal up behind us and slammed on the brakes (as much as you can in a cart) to avoid ramming us.  :(

Every single time I've seen a kid driving a cart, it's been a Disney rental. And that includes the one that came screaming out of the 300 canal up behind us and slammed on the brakes (as much as you can in a cart) to avoid ramming us.  :(

Ya know why? Because if the parents actually OWN the cart, they take more responsibility and don't let there kids wreck it! 

People don't care if it's a "rental" --No responsibility....

Ya know why? Because if the parents actually OWN the cart, they take more responsibility and don't let there kids wreck it! 

That's probably right.

But if any of those dummies ever stopped and read the rental agreement they signed, they would find out that they have a great deal of responsibility.

TCD

If only that where true everywhere.

At our little shack at the lake kids as young as 7 or 8 ride around all the time on golf carts. And there's no rentals around.