I think I see a time in the future where they end the cart thing all together no rentals and no privately owned ones. Im sure there is some big discussions of liability being had after the last drunk took a drive in the lake. At some point the rental fee woke equal the risk.  I wish they get ride of them all and replace them with the surrey bikes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know... it is the parent's fault however, how often have we talked about Disney looking the other way when they see foolish people on golf carts?  I think most people who come to the Fort, do so at

If someone gets hurt it isn't Disney that should be sued. Where are the idiots who gave birth to those children? I'm pretty sure they signed the rental agreement, not the kids. TCD

I AGREE--- it's the parents faults- NOT Disney,.... They have rules-- parents need to wake up and actually, I don't know,.... Parent? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love it if they had surrey bikes! 

Another possibility is they keep jacking up the cart rental fee.  That way they start pricing out a bunch of people, so fewer carts are rented, but with a higher fee, no financial hit to Disney.

I'll honestly be surprised if they ever ban private carts completely.  Possible they may start requiring proof of insurance, and that alone might limit some.

They've made it harder for outside rentals to come in, which I'm assuming has reduced those numbers, but then they also added a bunch of carts to their own fleet so...

I'm not sure if they would ever ban carts  but it sure seems like most nights they cause a lot of issues leading me to think they just might.

I know I'm not the best at keeping a quiet peaceful campsite but I sure would love a night without screeching golf cart tires

Several places we have stayed recently have started charging a fee if you bring your own. I expect Disney to start this practice, as I understand it, by charging for bringing your own and signing the agreement you are essentially relieving the campground of all responsibility.

Another possibility is they keep jacking up the cart rental fee.  That way they start pricing out a bunch of people, so fewer carts are rented, but with a higher fee, no financial hit to Disney.

I'll honestly be surprised if they ever ban private carts completely.  Possible they may start requiring proof of insurance, and that alone might limit some.

Several places we have stayed recently have started charging a fee if you bring your own. I expect Disney to start this practice, as I understand it, by charging for bringing your own and signing the agreement you are essentially relieving the campground of all responsibility.

Our second-favorite campground is Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach.  To use your own golf cart there, you have to provide proof of insurance, have the cart inspected, pay an annual $25 fee, and obtain a permit which has to be displayed on the cart.  All that is fine with me.  

Our second-favorite campground is Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach.  To use your own golf cart there, you have to provide proof of insurance, have the cart inspected, pay an annual $25 fee, and obtain a permit which has to be displayed on the cart.  All that is fine with me.  

And if Fort Wilderness wasn't run by a bunch of idiots, they could easily implement something like this, which would put easy money in their pockets.

They could charge a lot more than $25 too.

TCD

And if Fort Wilderness wasn't run by a bunch of idiots, they could easily implement something like this, which would put easy money in their pockets.

They could charge a lot more than $25 too.

TCD

I agree.  But then the Fort would have to employ people to enforce the rules (like Ocean Lakes does), and that will never happen.

I dont understand how charging a fee would help you from liability. In fact it would say you were condoning the activity making you even more liable. However proof of Insurance would make a big difference on who was and who was not operating them. 

Orange County and Fl State Police issue traffic tickets all over WDW. Why are they not enforcing the laws since these are roadways?

As for the golf cart lovers and supporters out there I don't hate the golf carts and have rented them a few time and will again. It is just that a vehicle needs to be operated with respect for the damage and injuries they can cause and that has not been enforced at the fort.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

If the above link works then take a look. If I'm reading this correctly then a child 14 and over can legally operate a golf cart at the fort as long as reedy creek has proved the use of golf carts in that area

Since Fort Wilderness is essentially a "gated community" and the roads are privately owned and maintained, then I don't think those statutes would apply.

Since Fort Wilderness is essentially a "gated community" and the roads are privately owned and maintained, then I don't think those statutes would apply.

It would be interesting to see how it would apply. Once you invite the public in for the purpose of profit a lot of this would change. And I know there are some lawyers on here What do you guys think?

Any fiends on the scene that could get ahold of the rental agreement guest have to sign?

Also any other official posted rules about golf cart usage?

I'm not sure if I still have my copy I signed last weekend or not ... but, I can tell you that they only focused on two things when I signed it: no open containers & no talking on the phone or texting while driving. They made barely any mention of the age of the driver. 

Thanks. I remember seeing the cart rules now.

Rules clearly state licensed drivers only and driving privileges can be revoked. So Disney can stop kids from driving carts. But doesn't. I'm not an attorney but I would think if you can prove that they don't enforce their own rules and someone gets hurt by an underaged driver Disney could be held liable.