New ticket offering starting tomorrow

I hear all of you on the cost, In my situation it worked out pretty well this year, but I don't plan on buying passes each year.

we did a ton of trips in 2014, 27 days in the parks that year so an AP made sense

Due to the cost of the hotels and food, wife said no for 2015, and well in June I had saved up $6,000 to buy the pop up, as i wasn't spending it at Disney.

I recently traveled for business, and because i was alone I opted to take Delta's deal and get bumped from my flight, they gave me $600 to get home 2 hours later than planned.That, with gift cards i won while on my business trip paid for 2 Seasonal passes.  Now that my son is 4 I had to buy a third, so my out of pocket this year for tickets is $350.

Next year 2017, maybe one of those years we take off again, as Ill then have my youngest needing a ticket, as he can barely pass being only 2 at the moment, even though he just turned 2 in August.
If we decide to do it it could set our family of 4 back $1600+  and that hurts no matter how you cut it.

we may just do the special event trips, MNSSHP and MVMCP with a Florida Resident 3-4 day deal, and even at that were looking at $1300+ in tickets

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New ticket offering starting tomorrow,they're changing the annual passes from seasonal regular and premier to silver gold and platinum and gold and platinum now include photo pass digital can't find t

I will say in some facebook groups people are reporting seeing different pricing and verbage on signs at the ticket booths this evening. And FL Res with payment plans are saying they just renewed and

Info from the Disney website on annual passes for non-FL residents and non-DVC members:  https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/   Info on TIW:  http://tablesinwonderland.com/.  Price has gone up to

The downloads are included. If you order prints or other media from Disney there will be a discount on that. 

If the downloads are print quality and have the permission to print included, that is all I need.  

If the downloads are print quality and have the permission to print included, that is all I need.  

Yes same quality downloads as you would get through Memory Maker and permission to print. 

Wonder if the downloads will have the huge Disney PhotoPass watermarks on them?

haha. I dont think so. Sadly they had to add the watermarks to the previews as people were screenshotting them to save from buying. 

Yes same quality downloads as you would get through Memory Maker and permission to print. 

haha. I dont think so. Sadly they had to add the watermarks to the previews as people were screenshotting them to save from buying. 

guilty

8941_10100891150130125_68174501557935120

On MDE, if you click on one of the photos it doesn't enlarge, it goes right to a MemoryMaker purchase page, but if you go to the photopass page and look at the photos they will open and enlarge.  Not sure if that is new or has always been like that.

On MDE, if you click on one of the photos it doesn't enlarge, it goes right to a MemoryMaker purchase page, but if you go to the photopass page and look at the photos they will open and enlarge.  Not sure if that is new or has always been like that.

up until a few weeks ago you couldnt view the pictures on mde. I havent played with it at all for that since I havent been to WDW since April. 

Man the AP price increase is making me second guess getting them for our Halloween trip this year. The plan so far is to take our 5 day park hoppers that we have and upgrade once we get there and be able to come and go a little more as we please. I know its not a massive increase but enough that it causes the budget to cringe a little. DW and I sat and discussed a bit last night and still not sure what we will do about getting APs.

We are in a little different boat than others here as we are really new to Disney and plan on a couple more years of trips before the girls start school. Right now the experience of the parks and the activities are new to us and want to see them as much as possible over the next 2 years, but honestly it's getting hard to get excited about spending that much money on the trips. Decisions, decisions.

Man the AP price increase is making me second guess getting them for our Halloween trip this year. The plan so far is to take our 5 day park hoppers that we have and upgrade once we get there and be able to come and go a little more as we please. I know its not a massive increase but enough that it causes the budget to cringe a little. DW and I sat and discussed a bit last night and still not sure what we will do about getting APs.

We are in a little different boat than others here as we are really new to Disney and plan on a couple more years of trips before the girls start school. Right now the experience of the parks and the activities are new to us and want to see them as much as possible over the next 2 years, but honestly it's getting hard to get excited about spending that much money on the trips. Decisions, decisions.

One thing to keep in mind about upgrading should you choose to do so. You have to upgrade before you enter a park using your last day.

This is an email my wife received yesterday.

I didn't get one, we purchased both passes at the same time, and my credit card is paying the monthly payment on both cards.

October 4, 2015

Dear xxxx Family:

Thank you for being a Walt Disney World
® Passholder!

Today we are introducing a new portfolio of Passes that has been designed to offer a wider variety of options and entitlements to best fit the needs of our Passholders. As a valued Guest and frequent visitor to Walt Disney World Resort, we want you to be among the first to know about these program enhancements.

Rest assured that your current Pass has not changed and your existing benefits will remain valid through your Pass's expiration date. When it is time for you to renew, you will have a new set of Pass options that offer great flexibility and value to enjoy our Walt Disney World Theme Parks, and even some new benefits!

Please remember, your current Pass has not changed and your existing benefits remain valid through your Pass's expiration date. And because you're an existing Passholder, when your Pass does expire, you will be able to purchase any of these new Pass options at a special Passholder renewal rate – of up to 15% savings
!

The upcoming year will be an exciting one at Walt Disney World Resort, with new Star Wars™ experiences at Disney's Hollywood Studios
® and new nighttime entertainment debuting at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park this spring. We sincerely hope you are enjoying your current experience, and will continue to join us for another year as a valued Walt Disney World Passholder.

Sincerely,
Your Walt Disney World Passholder Program Friends

It has links to the new passes and discount programs.

This is the email account that sent it to her

[email protected]

I wrote to them asking why I didn't get the notification also.

One thing to keep in mind about upgrading should you choose to do so. You have to upgrade before you enter a park using your last day.

Thanks for that info. If we decide to do it we will do it the first day we arrive, that way we could tour the parks as we pleased over the 9 days that we will be there.

I wrote to them asking why I didn't get the notification also.

Uh, don't hold your breath waiting for them to figure that out.

I have paid for 4 AP's for my daughters and me for the past several years.  All on the same credit card.

Over the years, we have received correspondence addressed to one daughter (even when they were minors) and not to anyone else.

All of the girls have been mailed AP magnets, but not at the same time.  One twin has been mailed two.  Me, the guy who pays for all the passes, has never received an AP magnet.

The passholder department is one messed up department.

As for this latest money grab, it's pretty atrocious.  They haven't raised passholder prices for a few years, so it was bound to come. There will be outcry,  but Disney will hold its ground.  I'm sure they've carefully forecast how many renewals they will lose, but they're counting on the increased revenue from the price increases to more than make up for that.

For those of you who think it doesn't affect you because you're not passholders, just wait.  Ticket prices are bound to be jacked up.  I predict just in time for Christmas.

TCD

Uh, don't hold your breath waiting for them to figure that out.

I have paid for 4 AP's for my daughters and me for the past several years.  All on the same credit card.

Over the years, we have received correspondence addressed to one daughter (even when they were minors) and not to anyone else.

All of the girls have been mailed AP magnets, but not at the same time.  One twin has been mailed two.  Me, the guy who pays for all the passes, has never received an AP magnet.

The passholder department is one messed up department.

As for this latest money grab, it's pretty atrocious.  They haven't raised passholder prices for a few years, so it was bound to come. There will be outcry,  but Disney will hold its ground.  I'm sure they've carefully forecast how many renewals they will lose, but they're counting on the increased revenue from the price increases to more than make up for that.

For those of you who think it doesn't affect you because you're not passholders, just wait.  Ticket prices are bound to be jacked up.  I predict just in time for Christmas.

TCD

Was trying to figure out if admission for a 1 day is going up by using the price for a pass minus  the monthly payments X 11 which would give the down payment.  Each one is a slightly different figure ranging from $111 for the Silver to $119.93 for the Platinum+.  Fuzzy math at best on my part.

I thought the pass prices went up last year?

I thought the pass prices went up last year?

If it did, it was very minimal.  This is my third year with the monthly payment plan, and the monthly amount has not increased much, if at all.  I received that same email your wife did mentioning that I would get up to a 15% discount if I renew the passes. "Up to" 15%?  Why did they word it that way?  They love the fuzzy math too.  My guess is that the monthly increase for this next renewal won't be too bad.  But, wait until some of the new stuff comes (Avatarland and Star Wars)-then we're going to get it good.

I'm hoping that one or both of the twins will at least be seasonal CM's before our current passes come up for renewal.  They won't need passes after that, and I will probably let mine go too.

TCD

This is funny- my passholder email had a link to the official Disney passholder site (which, of course, didn't work) and to their official Facebook page.  I don't do Facebook, but I took a look anyway.

Whoever is supposed to monitor that page must have today off.

They are getting creamed:

passholder%20website_zps24bnyfft.jpg

You Facebook users could pile on:  https://www.facebook.com/DisneyWorldPassholders/photos/a.448385558559665.97946.428474150550806/1014612281936987/?type=3&theater

TCD

Speaking of other ticket increases, the local news just had a piece about Disney going to demand based pricing. Higher prices for busier times, less for the slower times. So basically, they'll price out Joe Middle Class from taking his family when they are out of school and the Mr. & Mrs. Got More Money can better enjoy a less busy holiday time.

Doesn't that just make you feel the disney magic?    NOT

Speaking of other ticket increases, the local news just had a piece about Disney going to demand based pricing. Higher prices for busier times, less for the slower times. So basically, they'll price out Joe Middle Class from taking his family when they are out of school and the Mr. & Mrs. Got More Money can better enjoy a less busy holiday time.

Doesn't that just make you feel the disney magic?    NOT

I love how everyone has picked up the old story again. That was a series of questions on a survey months and months ago. 

I read an interesting article about the price increases for Disneyland and how most believe it was done for crowd control.  Most passholders there are locals so a year or so ago they added weekend blackout days, well the locals just upgraded their passes to the ones with no blackout days.  Since they could also use the monthly payment plan most people didn't mind.  That resulted in Disneyland being packed on the weekends causing parking problems and big lines.  So this year they jacked up the prices.  Disclaimer I don't know this info for facts, its just what i read.  It sounds feasible to me, one way to control crowds is to jack up the prices.  I'm not saying its right but it could be their thinking.

Someone also wrote about he pricing people out of a Disney vacation, they brought up how Disney has always been an expensive trip, even when it first opened.  I don't know if that's true (I'm too young) :) but it makes me wonder, everyone was sure dressed up back then and i know my family only went twice over 20 something years.

But hey what do I know i'm just relaying what I read.  Really what this changes for me is I always considered doing annual passes one year and getting two trip out of them, now i'm going to have to really look at the math and vacation plans again.

WBI

This is funny- my passholder email had a link to the official Disney passholder site (which, of course, didn't work) and to their official Facebook page.  I don't do Facebook, but I took a look anyway.

Whoever is supposed to monitor that page must have today off.

They are getting creamed:

passholder%20website_zps24bnyfft.jpg

You Facebook users could pile on:  https://www.facebook.com/DisneyWorldPassholders/photos/a.448385558559665.97946.428474150550806/1014612281936987/?type=3&theater

TCD

Wow, I can't believe they're letting those sit. 

Well...one positive thing...a Disney cruise is looking more and more like the economical option. No?

Maybe that's their business plan. By keeping you isolated on a ship they can be guaranteed to get all of your expenditures where at WDW there is the chance you will spend money outside of the resort. 

I always considered doing annual passes one year and getting two trip out of them

That's what we've done for a while now -  2 big annual trips planned within 12 months so that we only buy passes every other year.

Otherwise we would probably not go as often.

Add an occasional quick trip for something like WWW and even with the increase we still get our money's worth.