Decluttering Your Camper, Tips you can use

Here is a starter kit that is 10 items (to find and throw away) and will take 10 minutes of your time.  It should make your camper a better place to be.  (and your house if you want to try there as well.)  I saw this on Angie's List  and I thought it would do well for those who are planning on camping this fall.

1. Plastic Hangers

2. Wire Hangers

3. Dry Cleaning Bag

4. Stained Clothing

5. Orphan Socks

6. Duplicate Utensils

7. Promotional Cups

8. Mismatched Mugs

9. Old Sunscreen

10. Old Markers

Do you have suggestions for decluttering?  Add your ideas here!  You are welcome!

Edited by AuburnJen
edited for Beckers!

do you want to take them from your camper and put them in your house?

do you want to take them from your house and put them in your camper?

you can take 10 things from your house and 10 things from your camper and put them in the garbage!

DECLUTTER! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I empty my camper down to the bare wood once a year, scrub it thoroughly, and only put about 80% of it back in.

We went through and cleaned everything a couple of weeks ago.  When we started we thought "we've been really good about not loading up stuff, there shouldn't be anything to empty out"... I took 4 bags of stuff out of there.

"No honey, you don't need 11 Epcot food and wine beer mugs.  Pick 4."   8)

I empty my camper down to the bare wood once a year, scrub it thoroughly, and only put about 80% of it back in.

I did this over the weekend.  With it just being the 2 of us now and most of our trips are 2 - 4 days I felt 18 towels and 4 sets of bedding was just a little over kill.  How did we ever get that much stuff in a pop up?  Almost everything that I had to give a second thought about did not make it back in the camper. 

I did this over the weekend.  With it just being the 2 of us now and most of our trips are 2 - 4 days I felt 18 towels and 4 sets of bedding was just a little over kill.  How did we ever get that much stuff in a pop up?  Almost everything that I had to give a second thought about did not make it back in the camper. 

I must be the only one. We have ONE set of sheets/bedding for the camper and that is what is on the bed. We each have a bath towel and washcloth in our shower bag, and then I have a couple of dish towels and one rag.  We don't ever have extra stuff like that. 99% of our camping, a washer and dryer is nearby, so I don't bring extras.

I must be the only one. We have ONE set of sheets/bedding for the camper and that is what is on the bed. 

Same here, Carol.  The only extra items I'm guilty of are carrying six sets of bath/hand towels and a few extra kitchen linens.  We have empty storage areas in the motorhome, and I've vowed not to fill them up.

I must be the only one. We have ONE set of sheets/bedding for the camper and that is what is on the bed. We each have a bath towel and washcloth in our shower bag, and then I have a couple of dish towels and one rag.  We don't ever have extra stuff like that. 99% of our camping, a washer and dryer is nearby, so I don't bring extras.

You aren't alone. We keep the same stuff in our trailer. The only addition is we also keep two beach towels and a hand towel for when we wash up.