Disney has added GPS to the golf carts

Okay for what's it's worth, Disney has not replaced all the carts with the new style. The rental fleet at the cart check out area was all the standard Club Car style. I did see a couple of the new style carts parked at the bus stop and out on the road. Maybe this is another Disney pilot program like they did with the hybrid busses a couple of years ago.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just found a video of the new Fort golf carts!   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z93QpgGJRDA

Hmm I wonder if you can put in your site/cabin number and it tell you how to get home, that could come in handy. <br /><br />I'm sure no fiend has ever gone into an off limits area on a ca

How much is that going to raise the price of a cart?

It looks like the new carts have nice dark green seats, I bet they will get hot in the Florida sun.

Make sure you bring a towel or your buns will be seared!  

Okay for what's it's worth, Disney has not replaced all the carts with the new style. The rental fleet at the cart check out area was all the standard Club Car style. I did see a couple of the new style carts parked at the bus stop and out on the road. Maybe this is another Disney pilot program like they did with the hybrid busses a couple of years ago.

Oh, it is coming, don't you fret about that.  

These are the carts from the Four Seasons next door :P

"Custom Golf Carts Tranquilo offers custom Four Seasons Orlando golf carts that include a state-of-the-art GPS navigation system with two-way communication, a ball washer, and coolers stocked with bottled water."

So that means they are coming over and using the Fort's amenities.

"Custom Golf Carts Tranquilo offers custom Four Seasons Orlando golf carts that include a state-of-the-art GPS navigation system with two-way communication, a ball washer, and coolers stocked with bottled water."

Wow, for the prices they charge it should have a red rope licorice dispenser as well!    9283f3751c29c1abe20c1c9e1ec78ff7.jpg

I figured the new carts were them just beefing up their fleet and possibly replacing some of the older carts as they get worn out.

We didn't see a ton of them, just a few here and there.

I figured the new carts were them just beefing up their fleet and possibly replacing some of the older carts as they get worn out.

We didn't see a ton of them, just a few here and there.

I was thinking they were upgrading the golf course ones.  I'm sure the golf course carts aren't quite as abused as the Fort ones, so it makes sense to replace the golf course ones with the newest for the "important" people and give the hand me downs to the low lifes at the Fort.

"Custom Golf Carts Tranquil offers custom Four Seasons Orlando golf carts that include a state-of-the-art GPS navigation system with two-way communication, a ball washer, and coolers stocked with bottled water."

So that means they are coming over and using the Fort's amenities.

The ones that i have seen from next door are white not green

golf-cart-garage-der.jpg

they also have the resort name on the front

highlights-custom.jpg

furthermore Golf courses want to have the version that can hold bags not 4 people...

Nice job on the photos!

So the question is... how the heck are the Tranquilo carts getting to the Fort?  Are they trailering them in or is there a secret tunnel/bridge somewhere that they're driving them through/across? Because if it's the latter, I smell a secret Fiend mission...  8)

Nice job on the photos!

So the question is... how the heck are the Tranquilo carts getting to the Fort?  Are they trailering them in or is there a secret tunnel/bridge somewhere that they're driving them through/across? Because if it's the latter, I smell a secret Fiend mission...  B)

They don't need a trailer or secret tunnel.  There are nice roads that connect the golf clubhouse with the Fort's backstage maintenance area:

golf%20clubhouse_zpszs5pygtu.jpg

And, in case you're wondering, those roads go both ways.

If you catch my drift.

TCD

They don't need a trailer or secret tunnel.  There are nice roads that connect the golf clubhouse with the Fort's backstage maintenance area:

golf%20clubhouse_zpszs5pygtu.jpg

And, in case you're wondering, those roads go both ways.

If you catch my drift.

TCD

First they have to be concerned about terrorists sneaking over the southern border, and now you are going to tell those poor Four Seasons guests that filthy campers might be sneaking into their posh resort to steal their golf carts and swim in their lazy river??  

Those poor, poor people.  

Are the carts at the Fort owned by Disney, for some reason I was thinking it was an outside company that handled them? All the other golf carts at Disney are club car and they sell them after a few years use. A cart we helped purchase for a retirement community was an old Disney shuttle cart from one of the resorts.

Now if o only they can install an automatic shut-down feature when golfcart horns are used for recreational purposes.

A golf cart should be allowed one horn blow for emergency purposes...and any subsequent blows made within 30 minutes should send an electric shock through the seat straight into the driver's a$$.  

I was so happy when those two yokels left the fort!  

Amen. And agreed, Gwen. It was so nice and peaceful in 700 this week with no giant toddlers honking horns and generally being idiots. The peace and quiet made it that much more difficult to check out. 33 days at the Fort logged for 2015. Already looking forward to our return in March.