I'm surprised I didn't see anyone commenting on this yet...

I am surprised it took this long. Maybe they can make them cute so as to not scare children. You know a princess wand for the wand scanner and a fun mickey head that you go through with the walk throughs. If our nation has to change because of these stupid barbarians feeling like they have to kill everyone, at least we can accessorize the stuff used to keep us safe.

I am surprised it took this long. Maybe they can make them cute so as to not scare children. You know a princess wand for the wand scanner and a fun mickey head that you go through with the walk throughs. If our nation has to change because of these stupid barbarians feeling like they have to kill everyone, at least we can accessorize the stuff used to keep us safe.

And then Disney can sell replicas of the princess wand and mickey head scanners in the gift shop. So children can play Disney Security Force at home. 

It is sad that children have to live in such a world.

We saw on local TV that Disney and other major entertainment houses had implemented metal detectors and other additional security measures.  We went to EPCOT the next day and saw no changes in security.  Of course we don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but there were no metal detectors or wands.  Make no mistake, sadly there is a need for such measures.  Sad, but true.

We saw on local TV that Disney and other major entertainment houses had implemented metal detectors and other additional security measures.  We went to EPCOT the next day and saw no changes in security.  Of course we don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but there were no metal detectors or wands.  Make no mistake, sadly there is a need for such measures.  Sad, but true.

One of the other threads on this has pictures of one of the I believe 3 metal detectors set up at EPCOT.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Campingdad said:

Have the metal detectors gotten any better looking? Have they gone away? Not much has been said about them...

I have a feeling they are here to stay, at least for a while.  Last weekend, at HS Disney Security was manning both of them.  The weekend before at the rent a cops were manning the one on the walk in entrance from the parking lot.

I'm sure at some point they will work with the manufacturer to "theme" the walk trough detectors, it is not something Disney maintenance can just build around them.  As someone who was certified to operate them in a former job, there are specific rules (different, depending on manufacturer) as to how close other objects can be to the equipment.  Just building a pretty box around them without consulting the manufacturer may cause multiple false positives, backing up the lines.......

Geez.

What is everyone complaining about?

At the MK, they have erected these beautiful eggshell white canvas party tents, and they have lush potted plants to add to the aesthetic.

Also, as you can see, the MK security was still being provided by the meticulously costumed and always professional and friendly CSC Event Security folks as of yesterday, January 31, 2016:

1%2031%2016%20177_zpsxo1yafxk.jpg

1%2031%2016%20178_zpstzprvvsj.jpg

1%2031%2016%20179_zpsdykty5q2.jpg

TCD

If I'm remembering correctly they popped up at Disney as well as Sea World and Universal all at they same time about mid December just before the Christmas break along with extra security and dogs. Which leads me to believe there must have been some sort of credible threat or reason for them to all show up at the same time.

If they are going to be a permanent addition I'm sure that Disney is working to theme them as well as set them up more permanently and staff them themselves. But they installed quickly for the time being for whatever reason.

We all know Disney doesn't do anything quickly other than decorating for holidays.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On 2/1/2016 at 10:14 AM, Travisma said:

We were at Legoland 2 weekends ago, and they were wanding everyone coming in. They were skipping kids, but a lot of them wanted to be wanded so they did them also. A woman ahead of us said they weren't doing that 2 weeks earlier, it was something they just started.

Is this one of those scans where you have to empty your pockets and take off your watch and stuff like that?