• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do you like me now?: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/10/once-upon-a-time-projection-show-begins-november-4/ ‘Once Upon A Time’ Projection Show Begins November 4 by Je

Could we be seeing the last of the MSEP?? http://www.chipandco.com/main-street-electrical-parade-closing-245798/

Confirmed. (But it runs until October 9) Main Street Electrical Parade Ends Run at Walt Disney World On October 9, Heads to Disneyland Resort for a Limited Time  https://disneyparks.disney.g

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I already have heard a new rumor that disputes my guess.

Now I'm hearing that there is no plan to send Paint the Night to WDW.  The cheapskates in charge of WDW don't want to pay for it, and the plan is to have no night parade for as long as they can get away with it, which they think will be forever.

When and if WDW reinstates a night parade, it will be another park's worn out leftovers.  The plan for now is that there will be no night parade at WDW for at least through the entire 2017 year.

TCD

Well if there is no parade, then people won't be clogging up the walkways an hour + before the parade holding seating areas, and they can be walking around, getting tired, hungry and thirsty.

So even more opportunity for food and merchandise sales. 

And longer FP and standby lines!

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Well if there is no parade, then people won't be clogging up the walkways an hour + before the parade holding seating areas, and they can be walking around, getting tired, hungry and thirsty.

So even more opportunity for food and merchandise sales. 

And longer FP and standby lines!

And, if the parks are boring, there are now buses that will take guests directly to Disney Springs where they can shop, shop, shop, and enjoy B List/state fair quality entertainment.

1 hour ago, shoreline99 said:

This really stinks. Yet another degradation of services.

I know I've already complained about this, but think about what has been cut in terms of entertainment and parades in just the past three years:  no more parades at all at Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios.  That's three parades we've lost.  No rope drop shows of any kind at Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.  But crowds are good, so why stop there?

TCD

2 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

Plus they've gotten rid of most of the decent live entertainment at EPCOT and DHS, Even your favorites Mulch, Sweat and Shears got chopped.

It's been many years since Epcot had their wonderful parade.  The one with the amazing puppets, I really don't know what to call them.  But the really tall costumes and the African music.  The music is still used, last I paid attention, to get the crowds walking out of the park at closing time.  Those puppets didn't seem to scare most of the little kids, wonder if it was because they could see the person moving the puppet sticks?  That was my favorite parade.

3 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

Plus they've gotten rid of most of the decent live entertainment at EPCOT and DHS, Even your favorites Mulch, Sweat and Shears got chopped.

Good point.

Disney defenders will point out that there have been replacements for some of the cuts- but it's abundantly clear that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel to find already existing acts to shove into the missing places and hope for the best.  The perfect example of this was that awful lumberjack show they stuck in Canada as a replacement for the very popular Off Kilter band. Those lumberjacks were a bunch of local yokels who toured the lower tier state fair circuit performing as a free act.  I had seen them perform at the Strawberry Festival in Plant City, which is hardly comparable to Disney World.  They were bad there, and bad at Epcot.  Nowhere near Disney quality entertainment.

Yes, there is a new fireworks show at DHS, and it's pretty good.  But does it make up for the fact that huge sections of the park are behind construction walls, and the opening show and lots of live entertainment is gone from the park?

TCD

7 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

It's been many years since Epcot had their wonderful parade.  The one with the amazing puppets, I really don't know what to call them.  But the really tall costumes and the African music.  The music is still used, last I paid attention, to get the crowds walking out of the park at closing time.  Those puppets didn't seem to scare most of the little kids, wonder if it was because they could see the person moving the puppet sticks?  That was my favorite parade.

Oh my goodness, you are going way back to the good old days for the TCD gang.

I bought the TCD pop-up camper in 1999.  The twins were only 4 back then, and we were just getting started with being passholders and regular Fort Wilderness visitors  and hitting the parks hard.

We got sucked in with all of the hoopla surrounding the Millennium celebration, which lasted for a couple of years.

Then it was on to the 100 Years of Magic celebration that followed in the 2001 time frame.

Back then, Hollywood Studios had its Stars and Motorcars Parade, Animal Kingdom had the Jammin' Jungle Parade, and Epcot had the Tapestry of Dreams parade (that's the one with the big puppets that you're thinking of, Gretchen).  There was also a new Castle show and a new "Share a Dream Come True" parade at the Magic Kingdom.

So each park had a parade!  And the Magic Kingdom had two.  That's 5 parades!

Now there's one.

One!

How can anyone be OK with that?

I remember that they sold interactive pins that would light up when triggered by sensors placed around the park.  Performers in the Tapestry of Dreams parade could trigger the pins too.  My girls loved to sit and watch that parade and wait for their pins to light up.  A simple thing- but fun.

I am glad that my kids got to grow up when the parks were fun and exciting, and not in their current, painfully slow rebuilding mode.

On top of that, everything from park tickets, campsite rates, golf cart rentals and food was about half the cost of what it is now.

The good old days.

TCD

22 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

I agree with you that was a beutiful parade - we used to just marvel at the way they manipulated everything.

And so sad to hear the Electric Light Parade is gone - that's just plain pathetic!!!!

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Oh my goodness, you are going way back to the good old days for the TCD gang.

I bought the TCD pop-up camper in 1999.  The twins were only 4 back then, and we were just getting started with being passholders and regular Fort Wilderness visitors  and hitting the parks hard.

We got sucked in with all of the hoopla surrounding the Millennium celebration, which lasted for a couple of years.

Then it was on to the 100 Years of Magic celebration that followed in the 2001 time frame.

Back then, Hollywood Studios had its Stars and Motorcars Parade, Animal Kingdom had the Jammin' Jungle Parade, and Epcot had the Tapestry of Dreams parade (that's the one with the big puppets that you're thinking of, Gretchen).  There was also a new Castle show and a new "Share a Dream Come True" parade at the Magic Kingdom.

So each park had a parade!  And the Magic Kingdom had two.  That's 5 parades!

Now there's one.

One!

How can anyone be OK with that?

I remember that they sold interactive pins that would light up when triggered by sensors placed around the park.  Performers in the Tapestry of Dreams parade could trigger the pins too.  My girls loved to sit and watch that parade and wait for their pins to light up.  A simple thing- but fun.

I am glad that my kids got to grow up when the parks were fun and exciting, and not in their current, painfully slow rebuilding mode.

On top of that, everything from park tickets, campsite rates, golf cart rentals and food was about half the cost of what it is now.

The good old days.

TCD

I guess I really am getting old those really were the good old days - 

The good old days.  Yes they were.

The first time Disney took our MSEP away to ship it to the new French Disneyland, the park was so crowded for two nights for all the locals and cast present and former to say goodbye.  We were there with friends who had a few months old daughter at that time, she is now in her 20s.  My husband can remember the numbers of people squished in MK, first night was full and second night was even fuller!!   I would ask him but he has fallen asleep with a book draped over his belly. :lol: 

When this most recent MSEP returned, if never made me have to see it more than once or twice.  Don't know why but....?    I do enjoy your photos and reports of other parades and the people who watch them.  The dragon is cool.  You and Gwen have gotten good photos of him.

Edit to add: Friday night there were 105,000 people and Saturday night 120,000.  At least that is his memory of the numbers.

OK-

Here's a new rumor that I haven't seen reported anywhere.

Let's see how good my source is.

There will be a new nighttime show at the MK.

It's a projection show along the lines of Celebrate the Magic.

But, this one will be different and allegedly more spectacular.

And will be narrated by Mrs. Potts and Chip of Beauty and The Beast Fame.

To start November 1.

TCD

5 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

A projection show can never take the place of a parade!

I know that, and you know that.

But most of the mobs that will be packing the MK during the upcoming holiday season don't know that.  They'll love the fact that this is a new show (even though it's actually a hand-me-down from Tokyo), and will be none the wiser.

And think about how much money a projection show will save them as opposed to paying for all those parade performers.

It's going to be another Merry Christmas.

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

OK-

Here's a new rumor that I haven't seen reported anywhere.

Let's see how good my source is.

There will be a new nighttime show at the MK.

It's a projection show along the lines of Celebrate the Magic.

But, this one will be different and allegedly more spectacular.

And will be narrated by Mrs. Potts and Chip of Beauty and The Beast Fame.

To start November 1.

TCD

I said that having no parade was pathetic - this is even more so.  

We've never been a huge parade family. I always viewed the start of a parade as the perfect time for shorter ride waits. So I guess, in a way, I will miss the parades as well.

The absence of the Osborne lights this Christmas.....I'm still struggling with that a bit

11 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

A projection show can never take the place of a parade!

Totally agree. Not to mention a parade can have crowds stretched out all over. Not so with a projection show. So it's going to be even worse than the typical hot mess of crowds at night.