ABC tv show Blackish episode at Disney World

Anyone see this giant commercial for WDW, and particularly VIP touring,  last night? I generally watch this show and enjoy the characters, although it has its strong and weak episodes. Last night they took a VIP visit to WDW that would make anyone want to pull out their wallet and go there immediately. They mentioned Epcot and Animal Kingdom but sort of meshed all the parks together. They laughed at all the people waiting in the standby lines and the awkwardness of bypassing them (for them as VIPs but I sometimes get a similar feeling when in the FP+ line, and then I get over it like they did.)   I thought emphasizing the length of lines wasn't a good advertisement at first but then realized that it sold the $$$VIP tour as the way to go.  At one point they asked their VIP tourguide what was the ride with the longest wait, or something similar, and he confidently said "Frozen Ever After" and off they went. Since we just got back it was fun to watch and reminisce. Although we called out a lot of what they showed them doing. Like riding on a float in the parade!

Don't normally watch this show, not too fond of any ABC comedies except Last Man Standing.

If people have never been to WDW and took this as true to life, they will be in for a world of disappointment if they ever do go.  They had the VIP for 7 hours but went to 3 parks at least.  I know it was just artistic license, but it was nothing more than a 1/2 hour commercial.

12 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Don't normally watch this show, not too fond of any ABC comedies except Last Man Standing.

If people have never been to WDW and took this as true to life, they will be in for a world of disappointment if they ever do go.  They had the VIP for 7 hours but went to 3 parks at least.  I know it was just artistic license, but it was nothing more than a 1/2 hour commercial.

Yep.  I wanted to like the show, because I like the two lead actors...but we didn't find it to be any good.

Agree on Last Man Standing...that show cracks us up ?

I thought it was a fun show.

There were so many things that were inaccurate that it might be impossible to list them all.

But, that's the case of every TV show that has filmed at WDW, going all the way back to Full House, where Michelle got a wish from the Genie.

I was surprised that they never showed Animal Kingdom Lodge, even though they mentioned that is where they were staying.  I also got lost when their Plaid told them they were going to the Frozen Ever After ride, but they showed up riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.  It was also interesting how the group that split off ended up on Soarin', and then came across the Dumbo ride as they were looking for the exit.

They sure showed a lot of the parks in a half hour show.

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I thought it was a fun show.

There were so many things that were inaccurate that it might be impossible to list them all.

But, that's the case of every TV show that has filmed at WDW, going all the way back to Full House, where Michelle got a wish from the Genie.

I was surprised that they never showed Animal Kingdom Lodge, even though they mentioned that is where they were staying.  I also got lost when their Plaid told them they were going to the Frozen Ever After ride, but they showed up riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.  It was also interesting how the group that split off ended up on Soarin', and then came across the Dumbo ride as they were looking for the exit.

They sure showed a lot of the parks in a half hour show.

TCD

they had the parks al mixed up.  one moment at MK on the mine train, the next at AK on the safari.

22 minutes ago, Travisma said:

they had the parks al mixed up.  one moment at MK on the mine train, the next at AK on the safari.

They sure did.

I guess most people wouldn't know the difference?

Speaking of the safari, that reminds me- did they ever say what it was that was so fascinating that they had to stop the truck to watch?

TCD

I normally don't watch this show.   Overacting, condescending.   I watched this episode on Hulu last night due to the rave reviews here.  Reinforced my reasons for not watching this show.

I have never watched this show mainly because all comedy sitcoms nowadays push the envelope further than they should, especially when it's considered a family show.  This show is a perfect example. I was more upset about the actual show than Disney/ABC trying to cash in on a 1/2 hour Disney advertisement. Last night I watched this episode on demand with my 7 and 10 year old. Normally they get a kick out of these types of episodes because they can always say, "I've been there, look at that and of course, we can't wait to go back" This show is so unrealistic and basically a bad example for children.  Maybe it was just this episode but when the one child said, " I hate my dad or I hate you dad" and the fathers response was, "you're all dead to me", I shut it off. Even my kids made a comment about that. Again, it's TV in general these days, but at least on a so called family show and especially on a Disney episode, they could have done a better job.  Full house was not like this..lol

We seldom watch regular television anymore.  I have a Roku, and if there is a network show we want to see, we watch it on Hulu.  For the most part I watch Netflix or one of the free channels on Roku.

1 hour ago, ftwildernessguy said:

We seldom watch regular television anymore.  I have a Roku, and if there is a network show we want to see, we watch it on Hulu.  For the most part I watch Netflix or one of the free channels on Roku.

Same here. TV anymore sucks.Going to sound a little old fashioned but what happened to Saturday morning kid cartoons and shows that had some kind of meaning? I look around and a lot of society is a brain dead and the other half buys into being brain dead.

Going to jump off the soapbox or I will get out of control.

Oh yeah, Last Man Standing is a great show. Hope it never gets cancelled.

We had the Disney Channel on and off when the kids were growing up ( our baby just turned 29). Fast forward and now the grandkids watch it.  What utter trash!  Hardly any Disney movies, cartoon, old shows.  All they have are shows with absent parents ( or they are morons) and the kids run everything and have unlimited funds to do whatever they feel like.  It's really sad this channel is even associated with such a strong family name.  At least Disney was smart enough to change the ABCFamily channel name.  That is the least family friendly network.

On a side note, there is a full page ad in today's Tampa paper placed by FX.  They got the second highest amount of Emmys behind HBO.  None of the big 4 network channels were even close.  In fact PBS beat network channels.

4 minutes ago, Travisma said:

We had the Disney Channel on and off when the kids were growing up ( our baby just turned 29). Fast forward and now the grandkids watch it.  What utter trash!   

Amen - I used to watch (with my sons of course!)  and for a kid who grew up with 3 whole TV channels and cartoons only on Saturday mornings it was amazing to me that there was 24 hour cartoons and shows. My oldest son (who is 24) loved "Doug" and the 90's cartoons and I introduced him to the old Looney Tunes and MM that I enjoyed as a kid. 

No little kids at home now - when I'm channel surfing and run across Disney/CN/Nick - bleh.  We are waiting 2 more months to cancel our Direct-TV and going to just internet based providers.  Gimme my Walking Dead/Game of thrones and a bit of Breaking Bad and Justified re-runs and I'm good..

If I want a decent Disney movie, it's the same thing - when are they going to make something as profound as The Lion King again?  Frozen? - not even.  Sorry - waiting for them to stop RE-making stuff (Pete's Dragon, etc) and make something GREAT!  

I agree with everyone. I can't believe what the Disney channel has become. The Emmys are a joke nowadays. Unless the show is violent, shows nudity, practices profanity or has some kind of racism, a show will not win anything. We really miss Good Luck Charlie on Disney channel. It was the last show Disney had that was truly good for the whole family.  We have the kids watch reruns of full house. Not that it was a good show, but it was a family show that kids learned right from wrong or learned morals by the end of each episode.  

Oh,I forgot to mention how did we all like the scene of grandpa breaking into a car in the 70s.   I guess finding out it was his wife's car made it alright.  Morons

By the way if you search Mickey Mouse on YouTube you will find a channel that has the new cartoons (which are okay) along with some condensed versions of the classics and even some of the classics full length.

Following the detour this thread has taken –

OP – Hey, did anyone see this tv show filmed in Disney World ?

Detour – All TV is trash these days

There are few nighttime tv shows on any network I’d watch with younger children. My teens are almost 16 and almost 18 and I enjoy watching some of the ABC family sitcoms with them because they can relate to when the joke is on stereotyping teenager behavior and understand that tv is a make-believe world, compare and contrast to your own world experience.  We actually didn’t have cable, or dish or whatever, until my kids were 11 and 13 so they were forced to watch PBS kid shows long beyond when their peers were watching those shows. The joke in our family is that we still relate life events to episodes of Arthur and we all get the references. 

Personally, I miss the Brady Bunch and the Partridge Family from whom I learned moral values and realistic living experiences during my youth. Actually, (in terms of tv watching) I really learned that from The Waltons and I really really miss that show.

[Look up the references if you didn't grow up in the 1970s.]

We love PBS, it stays on at our house most of the day for the girls. I am fine with them watching Curious George and other shows like that right now. 
We watch the Disney Channel on Saturday mornings when they are playing Disney Junior cartoons, but that is the only time they see that channel. 

8 hours ago, caveat lector said:

The Middle. Hilarious and great writing.

When they won a trip to Disney and drove cross country to WDW, only to find out the prize was for DL. I've watched that rerun 1/2 dozen times.

That was a good Disney episode