Annual Passholders can get their new magic bands starting 12/14

According to magicbandcollectors.com and wdwnt.com, all AP's can order your magicband2's starting today.  Everyone else can get them next month.  Here is the story....

Thanks guys and gals for the info, I am going to go order mine to see what they are like!

According to magicbandcollectors.com, new and renewing annual passholders for the Walt Disney World resort ordering their complementary MagicBand from today on should receive the new MagicBand 2 style.

img_7985

The MagicBand 2 was introduced at the Destination D event just last month and the first retail version of the new item is slated to be released later this week in celebration of Rogue One.

All other resort guests should be able to receive  their MagicBand 2 starting next month. The widespread release of retail bands and accessories will take place in January 2017.

photo, video and article credits: magicbandcollectors.com and wdwnt.com

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just walked out to the mailbox and retrieved by box from Disney containing my Magic Band...  As Jen said, the new style Magic Bands are being shipped even though the website still shows the pictures o

Maybe MB 3.0 will give you a shock if you try to spend over a set limit !   Ooh look a $300 purse... ZAP!

We just bought ourselves some special edition ones of the new style.... (Us dummies with 10-15 MBs a piece left every single one of them at home). I like the way they rest on my arm. Very comfortable

Posted Images

I had to actually go and check on magicbandcollectors.com to double check that I was doing this right.  I am glad I did because the app/website has not been updated.  To be honest, I still haven't figured out all the stupid changes to the app and I punted on the app and waited until I got home to get the magic bands.  So, here we go.  The website on the computer version still shows the graphic of the old style magic bands, however, it has been reported by peoples on several sites and CM's that what will be shipped out is indeed the second generation magicband.  I ordered ours for our AP's just now, so I will post a picture when they get in.  Stay tuned!

I'm kinda excited to get the new MB. I like the idea of it being in a key chain or something, I'm not a big watch wearer and usually end up with my MB attached to a belt loop. Having something I can just clip to my belt loop and not worry about loosing will be great.

It says all other resort guests should be able to receive them next month. I wonder if that means for purchase or if they will be given to people staying on property as well and completely replace the original MBs?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I was in Tampa the past couple of days for work and wandered over to Disney Springs last night to kill some time and to have my AP activated.  I asked the CM who activated my AP about when I would be able to request my band.  She said that now that the AP had been activated, that an order request would be generated for me to go in and customize the band...  I'll let you guys know how it turns out... I just got back home a little while ago, so haven't had a chance to take a look yet.

I got around to linking my AP "card" last night with the MDE app and the Magic Band order request came up. I went in to customize the band, but only had the choices of the current styles...  Since I don't have a trip on the horizon as of yet, thought I  would wait a few days to see if anything changes and the new style bands were added. 

Oh okay good to know... Since it really doesn't matter to me which style I get, I will go ahead and order to see what comes in the mail.  As long as I am allowed to enter the turnstile at the park, I will be good to go!

• 2 weeks later...

Just walked out to the mailbox and retrieved by box from Disney containing my Magic Band...  As Jen said, the new style Magic Bands are being shipped even though the website still shows the pictures of the old style.  They even threw in the little passholder slider.  Now just need to go and schedule a trip!

We just bought ourselves some special edition ones of the new style.... (Us dummies with 10-15 MBs a piece left every single one of them at home). I like the way they rest on my arm. Very comfortable and not as thick and stiff as the original ones.

On 12/29/2016 at 1:42 PM, Duane said:

Just walked out to the mailbox and retrieved by box from Disney containing my Magic Band...  As Jen said, the new style Magic Bands are being shipped even though the website still shows the pictures of the old style.  They even threw in the little passholder slider.  Now just need to go and schedule a trip!

On 1/1/2017 at 10:21 AM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

We just bought ourselves some special edition ones of the new style.... (Us dummies with 10-15 MBs a piece left every single one of them at home). I like the way they rest on my arm. Very comfortable and not as thick and stiff as the original ones.

Good to know!  DH will be getting the new style if we make it down in March. I've still got a few months left on mine.

We got our new improved? MB 2.0 versions today.  I ordered them just before Christmas.  As others reprted they came with the undated passholder sliders.

They cut down on the packaging tremendously.  There was a zip pull on the shipping box.  When you unzipped it, the MBS were right there on a thin black cardboard sleeve.  No more wasteful Incredible box inside of an outer shipping box.

Two thumbs up for Disney being greener!

On 1/3/2017 at 1:32 PM, Travisma said:

Renewed our passes just before Christmas, got an email that bands have shipped.

Will be torn between wearing the new ones or my Orange Bird or Kylo Ren.  

BTW, my Kylo Ren hasn't made sounds or changed the scanner lights color the last 2 times I've gone to HS!

How old is your Kylo Ren one?  They say they are suppose to last two years.   But you probably use yours more than most.  

On 1/3/2017 at 2:45 PM, Travisma said:

So we are starting out 2017 with the Year of a Million Schemes (TM Dave in TN) Version 2.0?

Speaking of the Year of a Million Schemes...is anyone surprised Disney hasn't set up the MyDisney Exp app to allow you to attach a credit card to your acct so you can use you magic band to charge purchases at the Workd?  I mean for AP holders and non-resort guests. 

I think a lot of people would take advantage of it.  At least I would.  Lol. 

And probably spend more money at the parks.  

55 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

How old is your Kylo Ren one?  They say they are suppose to last two years.   But you probably use yours more than most.  

Got it just before/after Episode 7 came out.  It works to get me in, just doesn't do the lights/sounds. And Disney was cheap (big surprise) anyway.  It only did the sounds/lights at HS.

3 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Speaking of the Year of a Million Schemes...is anyone surprised Disney hasn't set up the MyDisney Exp app to allow you to attach a credit card to your acct so you can use you magic band to charge purchases at the Workd?  I mean for AP holders and non-resort guests. 

I wish they would too, although it's probably difficult programming. So their IT department can't handle it.

The question is though how often do they charge to the card in that case, every charge, once a day, a set limit?

It would be nice if they could do it similar to SunPass. You have $$ on your account, when it hits a low balance, it automatically charges your card an amount you choose.

5 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I wish they would too, although it's probably difficult programming. So their IT department can't handle it.

The question is though how often do they charge to the card in that case, every charge, once a day, a set limit?

It would be nice if they could do it similar to SunPass. You have $$ on your account, when it hits a low balance, it automatically charges your card an amount you choose.

My concern is how easy it would be for someone to use one of the old MB's associated with my account to charge.  I still don't know what the parameters are, but there are transactions where you can use the MB without having to enter the PIN.  I don't like that.  There's a controllable risk of abuse/fraud when I'm a resort guest, but it would be hard to monitor if I always had a credit card associated with my MB's.  On the other hand,  I guess it would be easy enough to deactivate all of my old MB's.  And, of course, I assume that I could avoid the whole issue by simply not connecting a card to my MDE account.

TCD

5 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I, as a rule, do not set up my magic bands to have charging privileges at all.  This way I keep everyone in control, mostly myself.

1 hour ago, AuburnJen said:

I, as a rule, do not set up my magic bands to have charging privileges at all.  This way I keep everyone in control, mostly myself.

I like to set mine up, because with online checkin, if I stay in the bubble, my CC never has to leave my wallet. I have more troubles with my card in Florida. Not just actual issues, but my CC company almost obsessive nature of protecting me. Even though we notifiy them we're going to FL, it gets shut down at least once every time we're there, and we have to call, AND one time they flat out canceled it on us, and called us after the fact and they had to express us a new one.

So the less I have to actually flash my real credit card out to purchase something, the happier I am.