PandS

Walk from 500 loop to boat launch?

We're making our first visit to the campground in January. We've booked a premium site. We will have dogs with us, have a 44' RV and will have a toad. I want to solidify my loop request. I'm leaning towards asking for the 500 loop, because the "Sites at the Fort" apps shows most of the sites as easy to back in. How long would the walk be from the 500 loop to the boat launch, as compared with the 700 loop? 

Thanks in advance!

We typically stay in 500 and the walk is not much further than from 700.  Depending on where in the 500 loop you are, I find the quickest route by foot is to exit the back of the loop by the comfort station (which is across the road from 700) and hang a right.   It's prob a 5 min walk from there.  

Just an FYI, I check in next Wednesday 14th, i called front desk at Fort and was told loop requests can be done 10 days out. I requested the 4/500 loop. I will let you know next week. 

We are traveling with some friends and when we made the reservations it was for two premium sites together. We were told that it would be no problem by our agent. Anybody have an opinion on the likelihood of getting those two sites together in the 500 loop? Another friend recommended it as being the best as far as big rig friendly.

On 11/5/2018 at 6:28 PM, Big35Lt said:

Just an FYI, I check in next Wednesday 14th, i called front desk at Fort and was told loop requests can be done 10 days out. I requested the 4/500 loop. I will let you know next week. 

Great! Looking forward to hearing about your stay.

5 hours ago, PandS said:

Great! Looking forward to hearing about your stay.

We did a Fort stay in 2016. We rented a camper (same as this time), had a golf cart in '16 but opted a for a car rental this time.

On 11/7/2018 at 10:06 AM, Country Coach Guy said:

We are traveling with some friends and when we made the reservations it was for two premium sites together. We were told that it would be no problem by our agent. Anybody have an opinion on the likelihood of getting those two sites together in the 500 loop? Another friend recommended it as being the best as far as big rig friendly.

We have been lucky to get sites next to each other or across from each other when we have had our reservations linked with friends as traveling together.  Whoever checks in first makes sure to check that they know we are traveling together.  We have had to pass on a preferred site or loop to get sites next to each other. It all depends on the time of year you are going.

On 11/8/2018 at 8:09 PM, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

We have been lucky to get sites next to each other or across from each other when we have had our reservations linked with friends as traveling together.  Whoever checks in first makes sure to check that they know we are traveling together.  We have had to pass on a preferred site or loop to get sites next to each other. It all depends on the time of year you are going.

Thanks! We're going to be there Dec. 12-18th.