How Many Camping Trips Are You Planning For The Summer?

So far, we have one big one planned, however, I know darn well we are going to several others. We are going to the Fort for a length of time and then going to try to go to Crystal River and surrounding places in July. It all depends on the wonderful finances of course, but I plan on using the camper as much as possible this summer.

How about you?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to Indiana for a long weekend in July

Don't have camping plans for August yet, but will hook up and go somewhere for a long weekend.

The Disney Cruise in September (Labor Day), so maybe some camping later in the month

Then Halloween at Disney

Unfortunately, probably no June camping. Too many expenses and going back to Sterling, VA for work for a yet to be determined amount of time.

We are going to head to TN at least once more sometime in the next couple of months, not sure about Labor day yet but will do something, but the big trip is Halloween at the Fort! We are debating if we can squeeze in the fort over Christmas break... looking at those rates though I just don't know!

We already did Mother's Day weekend in Gettysburg, and we have Father's Day weekend at Ringing Rocks Family Campground in Upper Black Eddy, PA. Than Knoebel's for a couple of days and probably Watkins Glen at the end of the summer. Than November is our big trip to The Fort. We are also going to Hatteras in July, but we rent a house there.

Best Regards,

Norm

We will be heading up to Santas Village in NH's White Mountains in a couple weeks, then back to Maine in July hopefully a couple times, then to the white mountains again for the big August meteor shower, & maybe another trip at labor day. Then our 2 weeks at the FW for Halloween will close out the season.

Headed up to TN to camp near the Ocoee next Friday. Then we will probably take a few local CG trips. Saving up for the Fort at Thanksgiving.

I just noticed your in Alabama, do you have any favorite campgrounds within a few hours drive? in the infamous words of Joe Dirt...

"we're newwwwwwwwww.. we don't know what to dew......" :rofl2:

ahem.. sorry, but seriously, we have only been in Alabama a couple of years and new to camping so we'd love to find some places closer to home to check out!

I just noticed your in Alabama, do you have any favorite campgrounds within a few hours drive? in the infamous words of Joe Dirt...

"we're newwwwwwwwww.. we don't know what to dew......" :rofl2:

ahem.. sorry, but seriously, we have only been in Alabama a couple of years and new to camping so we'd love to find some places closer to home to check out!

We like Little Mountain Marina, just past Guntersville State Park. It's close to Huntsville also. Point Mallard, here in Decatur, is nice, but doesn't have a pool,, unless you pay to go to the water park. They also don't take reservations in the summer. Have you checked out Monte Sano State Park? I've heard it was nice, but have never been there.

Hope to take one more trip to the mountains to cool off sometime this summer. But we prefer to travel during the cooler weather. Leave the heat and crowds to the kiddies. :dance:

We are currently in our "off season". AKA working hard all summer so we can play later. Come winter we will head to Florida and spend a week at Sebastian Inlet State Park, St. Lucie South COE park in Stuart Fl. for 12 days. We've never been to either of these campgrounds---Anyone have any experience with them? Christmas will find us in Fort Myers. Planning to celebrate the New Year at the Fort. Head back north sometime in March.

Leaving this Thursday for Cape May NJ 4-5 nights, then to Lancaster Pa. for6 nights.

Leave July 1st for a 3 week trip then another week in August.

I guess Labor Day somehere ( I hope) then a long weekend in Oct. to Knoebles with the rest of the week somewhere between there and home.

Already did one trip to Lake Dennison State Park in MA over Memorial Day and a weekend at our friend's farm in upstate NY for the border collie rescue reunion.

Got 3 more weekends planned at the farm to help out with rescue events, a weekend camping at my in-laws with friends, Labor Day weekend at Wells State Park in MA....

Then 3 weeks at the Fort in Oct/Nov!! :banana:

We might try and squeeze another weekend in there with my brother/SIL in August, but haven't firmed anything up yet.

We did our weekend of tent beach camping at Wildwood last month, next will be a Christmas in July extravaganza at Slippery Rock Campground with all my in-laws, then another beach camping trip to Assateaque. DH and DS will be doing a week of bike camping from Pittsburgh to Washington DC on the Great Allegheny Passage and C&O canal towpath bike trails in August.