Some Times It's A Magical Bus

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only if you're wearing a Tampa Bay Rays or Yankees hat.

I was assigned to the Studios bus hub yesterday and while waiting for people to finish boarding, a little boy, about 9 or 10 years old, afflicted with an obvious muscular disorder struggles to walk up

Needle in a hay stack is right. The odds are very slim that you'll see me. Too many buses doing too many routes. No call today, so I'm not working. I'm on call tomorrow but no clue where I'll be until

MagicBus does Disney still have the Hybrid Buses or was that just a test program

It's gone. It was a loaner from the manufacturer.

Just like Hybrid cars, they're so much more expensive than the regular buses that, yes, you save money on fuel, but not enough to cover the higher cost. Maintenance costs are also higher.

Hybrid buses are not an economical option unless fuel goes through the roof.

A few days ago after arriving at a park, I opened the doors to let people off and noticed a little boy making his way up the aisle through the dozens of people. He was on a mission.

He finally made it up to me and with a sense of accomplishment, handed me this.

How cute is that?

I'll add it to my collection of guest trinkets.

BuzzCard2.jpg

Ooooh, that reminds me. Several years ago, and it still may be going on. There was a group that made up some pins.

WWWD - What Would Walt Do?? They handed them out to exceptional cast members they came across and I think there was an acommpanying card that could be left for their manager or guest services.

So Lou, have you ever gotten a WWWD pin??

OH, I found the website!!

http://www.whatwouldwaltdo.com/

Edited to add, they may not be very active any more, cause there are a couple of broken links.

They handed them out to exceptional cast members they came across and I think there was an acommpanying card that could be left for their manager or guest services.

First I heard of it.

I've seen the question on other forums about guests giving CMs small gifts to show their appreciation. Nice thought, but just a thank you is good enough, at least for me.

We're just doing our jobs.

People seem to think that if a CM goes above & beyond, that they are in fact going out of their way. No, we're not. We're supposed to, are trained to do it, and Disney expects it of us.

So a card or a letter is nice, but it really doesn't get CMs anything except maybe an atta-boy from an idiot manger that will be gone within 6 months. The Peter Principle runs rampant at WDW.

To me, the look I get when a little one looks up at me when they're boarding the bus, that says you're pretty cool, is enough. That's the best.

Very busy day at both water parks today. Both were full to capacity at about noon. And both were closed for a while and later reopened.

I drove out of the DTD bus hub, so I had to go into TL on every run. Cars were backed up from the parking lot to almost BV Drive. Busiest I've ever experienced.