Stefa70 Goes Commando For Christmas At The Fort

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate that Andrew. I've known Judy for several years and I used to see Lil B sitting on the steps and he'd kinda wave or say hey when I'd come by. VW Dano and I were hanging out one night (Dan

I guess you're right Rita. If people would worry about themselves as much as they worry about what others are doing, the world would be a better place. I think ya'll know that I am 100% pro-man, but I

Great TR. I only have one question ... .. Once Judy started dancing, did she start talking about Donnie's toes? :rofl2:

So we've made it to the check in lane, we've had a family history lesson and I'm ready to get to my site.

I had faxed in a request for the front side of the 500 loop, across from the dog park. We've been very fortunate to have site #550 for the last 3 trips, so I was hoping they would honor my request once again.

The CM tells me that we're assigned to 544. I mentally "look" through the loop and say, ok, that's fine. He asks me if we're part of the group camping in there. I tell him we are not, it's just us. He then asks if I will be uncomfortable being among this group. I told him, No, (as long as they are not drunk, unruly or foul mouthed) Just kidding, that's my job! He then says, let me call and ask if we can move you. Now I'm starting to wonder why he's so concerned. Maybe he thinks they will be uncomfortable with me in between their group. I hear him on the phone:

"Hi Jim, I'm checking in this family, and they aren't a part of that group in the 500's, maybe we should move them. I don't want them to feel uncomfortable."

Jim apparently tells the CM that we had requested the 500 loop, so that's where he put us. Finally the CM gets off the phone and I ask him, what kind of group is this? He tells me it's the Rainbow something or other.

Now, I assume I know what that means, but I'm not going to ask, as I really don't care. I tell him 544 is just fine! He gives me all our paperwork, and then writes the front desk number on the loop map and tells me that if I feel uncomfortable, to call the desk and ask to be moved. ???

I have mixed feelings about this situation.

1. I appreciate the idea that the Fort was more than willing to work with me, if in fact I did have a problem with this group.

2. I was a bit offended that this was even an issue. Why would he think this would be a problem?

So with paperwork in hand, we make our way to site #544. The first thing I noticed was that our folder had shrunk.

I had our folder from Halloween, so I took this picture after I got home for a comparison:

FortDecember2011376.jpg

Do you remember when they shrunk the Fort Wilderness Gazette? Now it's just a tiny folded thing inside of the now tiny folder.

Everything is shrinking....except for the campsite rates.

Here we are at the 4 way stop, I'm officially in the Fort!

FortDecember2011019.jpg

As we drive through the loop, there isn't any sign of the Rainbow group. The way the CM acted, I was expecting half naked drag queens parading around.

We proceeded to get set up.

FortDecember2011053.jpg

FortDecember2011024.jpg

From the back of our site. We were right before the bridge over the canal, behind the 500 loop.

FortDecember2011028.jpg

FortDecember2011029.jpg

It was then that I realized why they probably put me into site #544. I was being reminded of my past transgressions! If you read my Halloween report, you'll know that someone (ahem, Donnie) drove me into what I thought was a branch, with the golf cart.

It was a little more than a branch, it was a full blown limb, and it was the site next to us!

If you look above the 4th candy cane from the right, you will see what's left of it.

FortDecember2011021.jpg

FortDecember2011022.jpg

No wonder it stopped us dead in our tracks! :))

Here's looking to the right of our site:

FortDecember2011023.jpg

After we got set up, we had a little Joker snack to hold us over until dinner.

FortDecember2011020.jpg

That is a bacon and cheddar cheese ball covered in almonds.

We only had about an hour to kill, so we loaded up on the cart, and went straight to Feisty's (Judy)

She was outside sitting in a lawn chair visiting with someone when I jumped off the back seat. She stood up and yelled "Stef, my little stick of dynamite!" and gave me a big hug. You just can't help but love Judy. :heart:

I told her I couldn't stay long, but she was my first stop. I would catch up with her later.

We took the long way around so Mason could get some wind in his hair. This is my view from the backseat.

FortDecember2011031.jpg

Everyone always points and giggles when they see Mason riding in front with Trevor and me in the back seat.

By now it was time to get back to camp and shower....I had a date!! :heart:

Cool!! Nice update!! I didn't get a folder at all Halloween, just the loose papers, so maybe they were transitioning over. I did get the smaller folder during my POP trip. Honestly, most of the time, I forgo the folder, as its something I just trash anyway. All I need are the room keys and parking pass!!!

How about quit bs'ing and get on with the report. I'm aiting for Saturday so let's move on this.

How about you settle down, and quit being so impatient! Don't worry, I will talk about you, post pictures of you, and ooh & ahh over you enough to satisfy you until next time.

Stef-

There will be no nagging from me.

You are off to a great start!

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Especially Saturday night (it must be something good, as Donnie sure is begging!)

TCD

Thank you for not nagging, though you definitely owe me some. We will get there, but I can't guarantee that it's going to be pretty. :blink:

Doesn't Donnie always beg Stef?

Naw, I usually give in before he has to beg, but I do kind of like this side. He's too big to put over my knee, so this is about as much control as I'll ever have!

I had a little preview of Saturday night, I think that update will be very entertaining!

Oh Lord, you sure did! Hoping my texts were not just a bunch of jibberish.

That is a bacon and cheddar cheese ball covered in almonds.

Everyone always points and giggles when they see Mason riding in front with Trevor and me in the back seat.

WOW, bacon and ball(s) in the same sentence. :jumpforjoy

Yea, everyone is giggling at Mason riding up front, sure............. :hah:

:clint:

You can tell that Disney has had experience with people complaining about "Gay Days" at the parks. I too feel bad that they would consider bringing this up, but I guess they figure it's better than giving out "freebies" to people who complain.

I guess you're right Rita. If people would worry about themselves as much as they worry about what others are doing, the world would be a better place. I think ya'll know that I am 100% pro-man, but I couldn't care less what others do.

WOW, bacon and ball(s) in the same sentence. :jumpforjoy

A Stef trip report without balls being mentioned? Not a chance!

Let's just say they were interesting. :rofl2:

I'm sure they were, but you seemed to make perfect sense of them. What does that say about you? :))

We're going to move right along as I did take a lot of pictures, and of course I will talk your ear off. Or would that be your eyes, since you're reading, not listening? Either way, I felt really guilty about my Halloween report for slacking in the picture department. I will blame this on punch Dave. But I made up for it on this visit!

Before my big date, I had one other order of business to attend to. I thought I might want a cocktail when we got back from dinner, so I planned ahead. Trevor remembered our electric cooler this time!

FortDecember2011026.jpg

And I had just the thing to fill it with. ;)

FortDecember2011027.jpg

With the important stuff out of the way, we hopped in the truck and headed out of the Fort.

Want to know where we went?

FortDecember2011049.jpg

We went to Celebration! Even better than that.....look at who I was with. :heart:

FortDecember2011037.jpg

Lou and I had carefully planned out a dinner date. Notice I said carefully, and not secretly, because look who else came.

FortDecember2011038.jpg

That is Lou's beautiful wife Gail with Trevor. We had dinner reservations at DeAntonio's Italian restaurant, and it was delicious. Normally I would say I don't really remember the food, because the company itself was outstanding, but I brought half of mine home and had it for lunch the next day. Yummy!! I had a cheese calzone, Trevor had the deluxe calzone, Gail had lasagna, and Lou had chicken parm. Lou even had a glass of wine or two and our bill was less than $80.00. Trevor and I both agreed that we would return.

This was my first time in Celebration. What a neat place! After dinner we strolled around the streets and I took some pictures.

It even snows there! ;)

FortDecember2011034.jpg

FortDecember2011036.jpg

They offer carriage rides.

FortDecember2011035.jpg

A little train that runs through the streets.

FortDecember2011040.jpg

Even an ice skating rink!

FortDecember2011041.jpg

FortDecember2011039.jpg

FortDecember2011042.jpg

FortDecember2011045.jpg

FortDecember2011046.jpg

They have some neat little shops around that I would have liked to stop into, but we were enjoying each others company and it was pretty chilly!

FortDecember2011044.jpg

The houses reminded me of the houses in upstate NY where I used to live, and some of them were decorated beautifully for the holidays.

FortDecember2011048.jpg

FortDecember2011047.jpg

Sappy alert: We had a great time with Lou & Gail!! Sitting and chatting with them, I tend to forget that they are old enough to be my parents. Not only are they beautiful on the inside, they are just as beautiful on the outside. I hope I can age that well! Gail and I even had a "girl moment" when we saw a lady dressed very strangely and inappropriately standing on the sidewalk. I made a face like: "what the heck is she thinking?" and when I glanced over at Gail, she was making the exact same face. Of course, Lou and Trevor were clueless!

We soon parted ways with Lou and Gail and started back to the Fort. Nathen was on his way down, and I couldn't wait to see him. Yes, he still lives at home, but he missed our last trip, so I was happy that he would be joining us on this one. Nathen had just gotten there when we got back. He drove my truck as he was riding solo (Amanda couldn't get off work Thursday and Friday) and mine is much better on gas than his.

Here is my first plug for Donnie. Notice the Camp Life sticker I proudly display on my back gate.

FortDecember2011051.jpg

And just for Dave, I remembered a pic of half of my dinner.

FortDecember2011050.jpg

The three of us had a couple glasses red solo cups of punch, and I took Nate down to meet Judy. She hugged on him and talked trashy with him, and he left loving her as much as we all do.

When we came back, Nate decided another cup of punch was in order. (If your counting, this was his third...rut rho!) We ended up having a shoe discussion.

Nate: I really need to get new work shoes. I'm wearing my New Balance and they are so comfortable, but they have a couple holes in them. But the soles are still really good, and anything else I wear hurts my knee by the end of the day.

Me: Well, maybe Santa will bring you a new pair for Christmas.

Nate: God, I hope so. I really like those New Balance, and they've held up for a long time....

Guys, I can't feel my face!

Trevor and I almost fell out of our chairs! We tried to warn him that it would creep up on him, but he's only been 21 for 6 months, so he thinks he can hang with the big dogs. :rofl2: Lesson learned!

We had plans for the next couple of days and it was downright cold at this point, so we called it a night.

WOW, what a wonderful evening with Lou and Gail!!! Yes, they are beautiful people!!! I'm actually kinda surprised that the Celebration houses were decorated like that!!! I figured there would be some kindof HOA restrictions or something!!

Great report so far! A couple of comments....

1) As someone who enjoys the punch, I sympathize with Nate (My mom made punch growing up. It even had its own refrigerator in the garage and she took donations from friends and made it by the barrel full. Then gave them a gallon or two as "thanks" ). I made a similar mistake when I was his age. It's honestly a good problem to have, though.

2) Celebration is a really nice change. Hard to believe it's just a few minutes from the not-so-nice area there on 192. If you're into architecture, be sure to checkout the post office next time you're there.

3) I too have mixed feelings about the way the check-in folks handled you and Trevor. (Mind out of the gutter. You know what I mean) I mean, if there was even a large family group or T@B group or whatever in the loop, I'd appreciate them asking if I wanted to be elsewhere so I guess it was the right thing to do. I think it's just a hot-button issue that a lot of us are super sensitive to right now - assuming you assumed correctly. Maybe it could have been handled better by your check-in cast member.

Looking forward to reading more!

I am so jealous, a trip to Celebration and dinner with Lou and Gail! I am glad that you all had a good time.

I also understand exactly what Nate was talking about. Being a little older I was able to keep drinking until I couldn't feel my legs. By that time I was dancing on the back of a golf cart. Your punch is definitely not for the faint of heart. :rofl2:

Keep going Stef, this is an awesome trip report!!

I also understand exactly what Nate was talking about. Being a little older I was able to keep drinking until I couldn't feel my legs. By that time I was dancing on the back of a golf cart. Your punch is definitely not for the faint of heart. :rofl2: Keep going Stef, this is an awesome trip report!!

Now i'm scared of the punch. If doodle was dancing on the golf cart......

WOW, what a wonderful evening with Lou and Gail!!! Yes, they are beautiful people!!! I'm actually kinda surprised that the Celebration houses were decorated like that!!! I figured there would be some kindof HOA restrictions or something!!

Ya know Carol, I never thought about that! Trevor does a lot of work in developments like this and some of their restrictions are crazy! You couldn't pay me to live in an area that tells me what I can and can't do in my own home/yard.

4 words. I am so jealous!

Ok, wow, I had no idea Celebration went all out like that! I would love to see it!

Don't be jealous Rita, you'll be back soon.

A return trip to Celebration is definitely in the cards. I'm sure I saw about 1/4 of the "downtown" area.

Great report so far! A couple of comments....

1) As someone who enjoys the punch, I sympathize with Nate (My mom made punch growing up. It even had its own refrigerator in the garage and she took donations from friends and made it by the barrel full. Then gave them a gallon or two as "thanks" ). I made a similar mistake when I was his age. It's honestly a good problem to have, though.

2) Celebration is a really nice change. Hard to believe it's just a few minutes from the not-so-nice area there on 192. If you're into architecture, be sure to checkout the post office next time you're there.

3) I too have mixed feelings about the way the check-in folks handled you and Trevor. (Mind out of the gutter. You know what I mean) I mean, if there was even a large family group or T@B group or whatever in the loop, I'd appreciate them asking if I wanted to be elsewhere so I guess it was the right thing to do. I think it's just a hot-button issue that a lot of us are super sensitive to right now - assuming you assumed correctly. Maybe it could have been handled better by your check-in cast member.

Looking forward to reading more!

Great comments Brent! I would like to comment on your comments.

1. :doublebeer: Cheers to you, fellow punch drinker! My recipe actually makes 5 gallons, but I don't have anything big enough to hold that much and be able to refrigerate it. I can't imagine a barrel full! Wait.....yes I could!

lildollbathbarrel.gif

2. I will check out the post office! It is a shock to turn down that road and see such a beautiful place.

3. I definitely assumed correctly and I will have more on that later. I did appreciate the CM asking if I was opposed to being in the middle of a group, what I didn't appreciate was how many times he asked, and used the term uncomfortable. If I had to guess, this CM could have belonged to this group himself. Looking back I'm wondering if he's seen how nasty people can be, and that is what made him ask so many times. I like to think we're past that in this day and age, but I guess not. :( Like I said before, people should mind their own damn business.

I also understand exactly what Nate was talking about. Being a little older I was able to keep drinking until I couldn't feel my legs. By that time I was dancing on the back of a golf cart. Your punch is definitely not for the faint of heart. :rofl2:

And I saw the golf cart dance first hand! You call it a dance, I'll call it a woozy sway! :))

Now i'm scared of the punch.

Be afraid, be very afraid! :achmed: