Stefa70 Goes Commando For Christmas At The Fort

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate that Andrew. I've known Judy for several years and I used to see Lil B sitting on the steps and he'd kinda wave or say hey when I'd come by. VW Dano and I were hanging out one night (Dan

I guess you're right Rita. If people would worry about themselves as much as they worry about what others are doing, the world would be a better place. I think ya'll know that I am 100% pro-man, but I

Great TR. I only have one question ... .. Once Judy started dancing, did she start talking about Donnie's toes? :rofl2:

MSEP has been around FOREVER!!! It has come and gone and come back again. The other night time parade is Spectro Magic. It think it's at one of the overseas parks right now.

So between those two there has not been a new night time parade in over 20 years!!

S70-

Great parade photos.

As far as I know, the TCD gang has never actually sat and watched that parade.

I know that we have been involuntarily trapped during some of our visits and had to stand there and watch it and wait for it to pass before we could move on, so we have seen parts of it.

All I can say is that there are parts of this parade that are very weird, and you have two photos of two of the strangest parts, which are:

1. The caterpillar smoking the hookah.

and

2. That strange young man on top of the dragon.

When that parade comes by, I do what Nancy Reagan taught me-

Just say no!

This parade was obviously created by some drug crazed hippies back in the 70's.

TCD

When that parade comes by, I do what Nancy Reagan taught me-

Just say no!

This parade was obviously created by some drug crazed hippies back in the 70's.

TCD

It has come to my attention that someone needs to ask you a question. What did those hippies in the 70's do to you? You obviously have endured some sort of traumatic event involving those hippies. Did they kidnap you? Prevent you from visiting the happiest place on earth? :rofl2:

It has come to my attention that someone needs to ask you a question. What did those hippies in the 70's do to you? You obviously have endured some sort of traumatic event involving those hippies. Did they kidnap you? Prevent you from visiting the happiest place on earth? :rofl2:

I've never personally had a problem with a hippie.

I just want to keep it that way.

I don't trust them.

They look nice and harmless, but then, BAM! they start taking drugs and murdering people.

Or they break out their accordians and assualt your eardrums!

It happens all the time.

Well, maybe not so much anymore, but it has happened.

So I keep my distance.

They can't be trusted.

TCD

1. The caterpillar smoking the hookah.

and

2. That strange young man on top of the dragon.

TCD

1. I refuse to comment on the caterpillar smoking the hookah. Remember, I was born in 1970 to young parents. ;)

2. That strange young man is Pete!! Please tell me that you've seen that movie!

1. I refuse to comment on the caterpillar smoking the hookah. Remember, I was born in 1970 to young parents. ;)

2. That strange young man is Pete!! Please tell me that you've seen that movie!

I know his name is Pete, but he's still strange. Like a less masculine Peter Pan, and I didn't think that was possible.

I am pretty sure I saw the movie way back in the day.

It obviously did not make much of an impression on me.

TCD

I know his name is Pete, but he's still strange. Like a less masculine Peter Pan, and I didn't think that was possible.

I am pretty sure I saw the movie way back in the day.

It obviously did not make much of an impression on me.

TCD

I guess Disney is trying to recreate the movie in which Pete was probably around 12 years old. Sure it would be more authentic and less strange if they had a 12 year old up there, but I think there's some kind of child labor law. :))

Or....adult Pete hits the hookah pipe with the caterpillar before each parade. I've heard that can make people act strangely.

Ok, there is so much to comment on here, I will just pick two things.

First, thank you for trying to confront Ms White on my behalf. As is typical for the apple munching little twit, she avoided confrontation and ran off. Whatever.

Secondly, I'm completely with TCD on the MSEP. I thought I was the only one...but I just do not like that parade. The music is too loud and hectic, like an old Alan Parsons Project CD played backwards at double speed. They call it Baroque Hoedown; I call it a horrible mistake. And really?? A vocoder?? I do think hippies had something to do with it. And the floats are just an eclectic grouping of lightbulbs that probably seemed like a good idea in the early 70's, when mushrooms were more than just dinner.

I might be alone in this assessment, but I still like Spectro better. It just seemed more magical and "Disney-ish" to me. But I expect someone will come along now and tell me I'm wrong, and have no respect for tradition. Phooey!

Ok, there is so much to comment on here, I will just pick two things.

First, thank you for trying to confront Ms White on my behalf. As is typical for the apple munching little twit, she avoided confrontation and ran off. Whatever.

Secondly, I'm completely with TCD on the MSEP. I thought I was the only one...but I just do not like that parade. The music is too loud and hectic, like an old Alan Parsons Project CD played backwards at double speed. They call it Baroque Hoedown; I call it a horrible mistake. And really?? A vocoder?? I do think hippies had something to do with it. And the floats are just an eclectic grouping of lightbulbs that probably seemed like a good idea in the early 70's, when mushrooms were more than just dinner.

I might be alone in this assessment, but I still like Spectro better. It just seemed more magical and "Disney-ish" to me. But I expect someone will come along now and tell me I'm wrong, and have no respect for tradition. Phooey!

Well, Dave, at least you got half of this right.

You are right about the MSEP.

But, the Spectro parade is really weird too. Just who are those weird little guys riding around on the floats supposed to be? I think those are obviously the creations of hippies as well. So, I say no to that parade as well.

Oh, and nice Alan Parsons project reference. I probably haven't thought of that for 30 years.

TCD

So now you are wrong AND it's all your fault? :hah:

Just trying to get clarification. :clint:

Friday 12/9 ~

When I woke up Friday morning, it was the start of a beautiful day! Gone were the cold temperatures and bone chilling wind. My boys were still sleeping, so I sat outside with coffee in one hand and laptop in the other and checked in on my favorite fiends.

I thought about KFK, and her fondness for sitting under the awning with coffee. :heart:

I read TCD's latest update. :heart:

I just enjoyed a peaceful Fort morning. :heart:

But at 9:00 I woke Nate up and asked him if he wanted to go to a park. He mumbled and grumbled something, but got up and got dressed. We figured AK was the best choice since they close early and don't have any Christmas night time things.

When I saw what Nathen chose as an outfit that day, I HAD to go and change mine.

Trevor & Mason took us to the outpost to wait for a bus, and I took some pictures while we waited.

Here's what Nate was wearing: Boo, Hiss!

FortDecember2011199.jpg

So I countered with this:

FortDecember2011200.jpg

The trail riders were starting their morning ride:

FortDecember2011197.jpg

FortDecember2011198.jpg

Our bus came after 10 minutes or so, and whisked us away to the Animal Kingdom. I may be in the minority here, but I love AK. I love to watch the animals, I love the attention to details in the different areas, and it just seems more relaxing than the other parks.

Of all 4 trees in the 4 parks, AK was my favorite. The decorations were beautiful and huge. Well, the tree itself is huge, so I guess tiny balls would look pretty silly on it. :)

FortDecember2011201.jpg

We had only two agendas on this visit. Nathen would tell you three, as he wanted to have lunch. Imagine that?!?!

Our first goal was to see the Christmas tree, as I vowed to get all four from the four parks.

I will reveal our only other goal a bit later.

We strolled around, people watched and took some pictures.

FortDecember2011203.jpg

I like these little monkeys with their "Don King" hairdos:

FortDecember2011204.jpg

FortDecember2011205.jpg

The safari ride had only a 10 minute wait, so we put on our pith helmets and climbed aboard. J/K, we don't have pith helmets, but if I had one, I would have worn it.

FortDecember2011206.jpg

I love the safari ride!! I wish they would just go out, park and let me watch all day. This was not going to happen today, for sure. This was the worst driver I have ever had on all my safari rides. He would go from stomping the brakes, to full speed in between every stop. Even his stops were not stops, they were more like pauses.

FortDecember2011207.jpg

FortDecember2011208.jpg

These stinky hippos were bobbing in the water.

FortDecember2011210.jpg

While this one looked like he should have used sunscreen!

FortDecember2011209.jpg

It's hard to see here, but there were 4 safari vehicles (including ours) on the Savannah at one time, so maybe that's why are driver was in such a hurry?

FortDecember2011211.jpg

There were a lot of babies running around, even these "deer-like things" (sorry I don't remember the proper name, the guy talked as fast as he drove)

FortDecember2011212.jpg

We then came across the giraffes. I think the huts in the back are part of the safari trek, as we saw quite a few people standing up there.

FortDecember2011213.jpg

FortDecember2011214.jpg

FortDecember2011215.jpg

There's always an ass in every crowd herd.

FortDecember2011216.jpg

FortDecember2011217.jpg

I tried to get photographic evidence that we saved the baby elephant from the poachers, but "Mario Andretti" kept right on trucking.

FortDecember2011218.jpg

I honestly felt bad for guests that hadn't experienced the safari before because they missed a lot of photo ops, but lucky for us, we can go back again next month.

Since we were in this area, I had to go see the gorillas. Ever since I went and played with a baby chimp a couple of years ago, I love monkeys. Poor Nate had to suffer through watching gorillas once again.

Though first is another ass shot, but the nice striped ass was an added bonus. I believe this is an Okapi. Correct me if I'm wrong, I was just trying to get to the gorillas.

FortDecember2011219.jpg

We stopped to watch the meerkats for a minute. They are pretty neat too. This one was standing watch:

FortDecember2011221.jpg

While these two cuddled below:

FortDecember2011220.jpg

Imagine my little legs, speed walking through the exhibits, through the crowds, just to get to this:

FortDecember2011222.jpg

If you take the time to watch them, their behavior is fascinating. This big guy was collecting palm fronds, then sticking them between the crook of his neck so he could carry them, while still having his hands free.

FortDecember2011223.jpg

FortDecember2011224.jpg

FortDecember2011225.jpg

FortDecember2011226.jpg

I'm not sure what he ended up doing with the fronds, as Nate had seen enough of my monkey love. But I managed to sneak in one more shot on our way out of their habitat.

FortDecember2011228.jpg

A potty break was next on our list. Good thing for all of you, I'm at my photo limit. ;)

Dang...being late to a Stef party is a dangerous thing.

She writes a TR like someone hitting the track at Charlotte.

Go Fast. Check.

Turn Left. Check.

If you need to reduce weight, rip out the brakes (don't need 'em). Check.

I LIKE IT!!!!! Major style points awarded!!!!

That being said, I will try to capsulize in a couple of comments

1) The CM warning I would appreciate. I'm paying a lot of money to relax on vacation. Camping is a more social/out in the open experience as compared to a hotel room situation. That is one of the reasons that I like camping. If I had small kiddos, it would add stress having to be on the lookout for things (as noted by some fiends already) that they might not be old enough to understand. I just think its nice that someone would offer a choice. It probably doesn't matter to me personally, but it's nice to be asked.

2) Galaga - By far my favorite game of all time. Not sure how many quarters I dropped into that thing growing up, but I can imagine an earlier retirement.

3) The Double decker bus thingy - It reminds me of Speed Racer. Memory is fuzzy, but I recall one race where the bad guys had this Super Monster RV/Bus thing.

4) Mason - The wimpering when its time to leave sounds very familiar. When our puppy sees the TT out front, he stays between us and the door at all times. He will not be left behind.

5) Unruly behavior by people pushing in front - It's funny how I always develop a hacking cough when standing closely behind rude people.

Keep up the GREAT work!

4) Mason - The wimpering when its time to leave sounds very familiar. When our puppy sees the TT out front, he stays between us and the door at all times. He will not be left behind.

5) Unruly behavior by people pushing in front - It's funny how I always develop a hacking cough when standing closely behind rude people.

Keep up the GREAT work!

4. Drake the dane believes an open tailgate is an invitation

5. great idea

The last time I visited the gorillas everyone was oohing and aaahing, until the male decided to urinate or something more unspeakable in the mouth of a younger gorilla. OMG, it was funny how quickly the oohs and aaahs went to ewww and people got out of there! I just love AK!

Dang...being late to a Stef party is a dangerous thing.

She writes a TR like someone hitting the track at Charlotte.

Go Fast. Check.

Turn Left. Check.

If you need to reduce weight, rip out the brakes (don't need 'em). Check.

I LIKE IT!!!!! Major style points awarded!!!!

:mademyday: Nice racing reference!!!

To be honest, it's purely selfish on my part. I want to finish writing mine so I can concentrate on reading others reports. Everyone else's always seem more exciting.

That being said, I will try to capsulize in a couple of comments

1) The CM warning I would appreciate. I'm paying a lot of money to relax on vacation. Camping is a more social/out in the open experience as compared to a hotel room situation. That is one of the reasons that I like camping. If I had small kiddos, it would add stress having to be on the lookout for things (as noted by some fiends already) that they might not be old enough to understand. I just think its nice that someone would offer a choice. It probably doesn't matter to me personally, but it's nice to be asked.

I understand your point, and maybe I would be more concerned if I had little ones around that may not understand that life style. After my AK day is over, I will have more on this experience.

2) Galaga - By far my favorite game of all time. Not sure how many quarters I dropped into that thing growing up, but I can imagine an earlier retirement.

You and me both! I could have probably funded this trip with the money I spent back in the day.

3) The Double decker bus thingy - It reminds me of Speed Racer. Memory is fuzzy, but I recall one race where the bad guys had this Super Monster RV/Bus thing.

Uh oh, it wasn't too long ago that I had Speed Racer in my profile, compliments of one of the darn fairies! Shhhhh........

It's strange how they know. I just wish he knew that I would never leave him behind and to stay out of my way when I'm trying to pack.

I was thinking a big bowl of beans before a parade would also work.

Keep up the GREAT work!

Thanks, I will. Glad to have you reading along. Boogity, Boogity, Boogity! :))

The last time I visited the gorillas everyone was oohing and aaahing, until the male decided to urinate or something more unspeakable in the mouth of a younger gorilla. OMG, it was funny how quickly the oohs and aaahs went to ewww and people got out of there! I just love AK!

Oh Rita, don't spoil my monkey love! :wacko:

As much as I loved playing with the baby chimp, I don't think I want to play with these big guys. I'd be more afraid he would think I was one of his bitches. :panic:

Boy, you sure hit the nail on the head! That seems to be the mentality among people nowadays.

You do know you kind of sounded like cupcake, right? Take out all the punctuation and the proper spelling of words, and I would swear it was him! :))

I'll cupcake ya!

Bob...Steve just called you old! :wheelchair:

He did, didn't he, young whippersnapper!

\

You got some GREAT pictures of the animals. I wish I had that much luck

It was pure luck.

Great job so far, Stef. But then you already know I love all of your TR's. Don't rush through this one, even though I am waiting patiently for Saturday night, I want to savor every minute.

Thanks doodle, but I think it's Friday night you're looking for. Saturday night I was a good girl and had a family/friend night. :)

I promise I'll get there, and I do have a couple photos......

We're going to finish up our morning at Animal Kingdom. We still have 1/2 day of good behavior.

When we finished our pit stop, I had to get a picture of these bouganvillea. The one that I have in my yard never seems to grow. When I asked Trevor Mr Green Thumb why mine didn't look like this, he told me it's because " I keep cutting it down" ??? He hates them, and they do have some nasty thorns. But look how nice they make the restroom building look!

FortDecember2011229.jpg

They were also in front of this building.

FortDecember2011230.jpg

We speed walked through Asia, stopping just long enough to get a shot of the tiger.

FortDecember2011231.jpg

And this cool exit building.

FortDecember2011232.jpg

For the last 1/2 hour or so, Nate has been sniffing every food stand we passed, like a stray dog, but he knew what he wanted to eat.

Flame Tree BBQ!

FortDecember2011233.jpg

We enjoyed our BBQ and the view of Everest.

FortDecember2011234.jpg

We could now focus on our last goal......

FortDecember2011235.jpg

Getting closer...

FortDecember2011236.jpg

We made it!

FortDecember2011237.jpg

Primeval Whirl, or as Dave likes to call it, Prime Evil Hurl!

I don't know why I love this ride, but I do! The last few times we've been at AK, it was closed for the poor dead guy refurbishment. Yes, a worker was killed on this ride. :(

But it was up and running and we were riding it!

I held on until my knuckles were white and I squealed like a little girl, but loved every minute of it!

And that was that! We exited the park, hopped on the bus and arrived back at the Fort.

Quick question if anyone knows the answer:

We were on the bus with a service dog in training. It was a newfoundland and gorgeous! My question is where does the dog go when their owner is in a ride?

Nate asked me, and I had no idea. Guess I never really thought about it.

Guess what time we got back to the fort? Happy Hour! :))

FortDecember2011239.jpg

FortDecember2011240.jpg

Mason avoids all interaction with red solo cups or the active participators.

FortDecember2011238.jpg

Around 4:30 we set out to Hollywood Studios for the Osborne lights. As we pulled out of the 500 loop, I commented on how we should have plugged in our Mickey lamp as it would be dark when we returned. Oh well, we were ready to get to the park.

On the way to the front, we see this:

FortDecember2011242.jpg

Uh, Oh? Then I realize it's just a friendly game of football between some "men in uniform"

FortDecember2011241.jpg

Since I had my Gator tee on, I wanted to stop and get a picture with them, but we kept on going. <_<

Next time! I will make it my mission to get a picture taken with the WDW men in uniform impromptu football team.

Soon we are on a DHS bus, and guess what? The boys are hungry....again.