Stefa70 Goes Commando For Christmas At The Fort

Mom and son time is always so fun! Glad you were able to spend a lazy afternoon with Nate.

My kids play guitar hero at home. They have all the instruments. They let me play sometimes but always make me the singer.I can't carry a tune but I can keep the beat.singer-3.gif

I miss RC, we had a lot of good times there. :(

Ok I'm ready and waiting for more. :)

PSS... Um Doodles... That's not Guitar Hero... Thats Rock Band. Don't worry I won't tell anyone that you might not be up on the hip stuff. :)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate that Andrew. I've known Judy for several years and I used to see Lil B sitting on the steps and he'd kinda wave or say hey when I'd come by. VW Dano and I were hanging out one night (Dan

I guess you're right Rita. If people would worry about themselves as much as they worry about what others are doing, the world would be a better place. I think ya'll know that I am 100% pro-man, but I

Great TR. I only have one question ... .. Once Judy started dancing, did she start talking about Donnie's toes? :rofl2:

I think this is TCD's favorite spot.

FortDecember2011058.jpg

Why, yes it is.

And, I saw that red solo cup tribute in the next shot!

Thanks!

I have a special friend who likes this vane. :heart:

FortDecember2011100.jpg

Wow, what coincidence, I love that weathervane too.

And, that is a great photo of it!

Thanks again!

I also loved the photo of the FAQ's posted on that weird motorhome.

And the photo of the snowpeople at the pavilion.

This is sure a fun report!

TCD

PSS... Um Doodles... That's not Guitar Hero... Thats Rock Band. Don't worry I won't tell anyone that you might not be up on the hip stuff. :)

Jeff if you only knew all the video games my kids have, you'd understand why I can't keep them straight. :rofl2: They do have both Rock Band and Guitar Hero. But I'm still hip cause they let me play! :))

Funny I'm Jennifer Nettles in my mind.

:hah: Maybe we could do a duet!

Why, yes it is.

And, I saw that red solo cup tribute in the next shot!

Thanks!

Wow, what coincidence, I love that weathervane too.

And, that is a great photo of it!

Thanks again!

I also loved the photo of the FAQ's posted on that weird motorhome.

And the photo of the snowpeople at the pavilion.

This is sure a fun report!

TCD

Thanks, and glad you're back. You know your phone would have been ringing had you been gone too long. I worry about my special friends!

Great TR so far Stef.

I wish I had seen that double decker MH. I would have hounded the owner until I got to see the inside.

Thanks Lou! I know you're not a huge TR fan since you live it every day. That was a pretty cool bus!

Jeff if you only knew all the video games my kids have, you'd understand why I can't keep them straight. :rofl2: They do have both Rock Band and Guitar Hero. But I'm still hip cause they let me play! :))

While we're talking "hip" be careful of those games at your age, you're liable to break one! :rofl3:

Stef awesome updates (yeah 2 :jumpforjoy ) It is so fun seeing things through others view.

Hey Thanks!! Nice to have you here. There will be a third coming soon as we still have a lot of pictures to muddle through.

Enough of the red solo cup punch and you are on...are you sure the Fort is ready for such rarified serenading?

Oh Lawdsy, Karaoke sponsored by Red Solo Cup.

Dixie Cups may have an issue since they sponsor the BackYard BBQ, but I think the 500 Loop can get a Historical Landmark excemption.

Have you ever heard the saying "He who dies with the most toys, wins?" My boys love their toys and they decided to break them out while we had some down time.

Nathen has 4 RC vehicles. 2 electric and 2 gas. The gas ones are extremely loud, so they didn't make the trip, but he brought the 2 electric ones for him and Dad to play with.

They started out in the road, but like any good rednecks, they wanted to kick donuts (or shitties as they call them) in some dirt.

FortDecember2011115.jpg

So they found an empty site.

FortDecember2011118.jpg

FortDecember2011116.jpg

FortDecember2011117.jpg

This is what happens when you go off-road

FortDecember2011119.jpg

They were having fun, but not as much as they could in the sand....

FortDecember2011123.jpg

FortDecember2011125.jpg

FortDecember2011124.jpg

FortDecember2011127.jpg

Sometimes you just can't drive out of it.

FortDecember2011122.jpg

Hey, what can I say! It doesn't take much to entertain them either.

I got some pics around the area while they took their trucks to the garage.

FortDecember2011130.jpg

FortDecember2011131.jpg

FortDecember2011129.jpg

I then went back to feed Mason and we decided we would just grab a bite to eat at Magic Kingdom. With Masons belly full, we left for the boat launch.

FortDecember2011133.jpg

FortDecember2011132.jpg

Here comes our boat!

FortDecember2011134.jpg

FortDecember2011135.jpg

We arrive at MK, and I get all warm and fuzzy over the decorations. (Don't worry, it didn't last long)

FortDecember2011136.jpg

FortDecember2011137.jpg

FortDecember2011138.jpg

Our favorite counter service in MK is Cosmic Rays. You can get so many different things in one place, and the view is fantastic.

We all decided on burgers.

FortDecember2011139.jpg

How can you beat the view of the castle, even if it's seen through a yucca tree. Kind of artsy, huh?

FortDecember2011140.jpg

FortDecember2011142.jpg

By the time we were done eating, the castle was changing colors.

FortDecember2011141.jpg

Here are the boys on what I like to call "tobacco road." Trevor is hiding a cig behind his back and Nathen has a pinch of dip in his lip. ::)

FortDecember2011143.jpg

We made the circle around through tomorrow land, it was starting to get dark and we wanted to find a seat for the electrical parade.

FortDecember2011144.jpg

FortDecember2011146.jpg

We found a tiny spot on the sidewalk and plopped down. We aren't normally parade people, as I have the patience of a two year old, and rude people make me want to kill someone. You parade fans know that there are long waits, and tons of rude people when waiting for a parade. But, I sucked it up!

FortDecember2011147.jpg

FortDecember2011165.jpg

What I didn't realize was that we were getting a two-fer. That's 2 parades in one sitting.

Hasn't everyone seen enough parade pictures? Well, too bad because I took some too. :))

The Move It! Shake it! Celebrate it! parade was up first.

FortDecember2011149.jpg

FortDecember2011150.jpg

FortDecember2011153.jpg

The only good thing about this parade is what you might miss the first time by, you will see it when it comes back in the other direction. I guess technically, I should have called it a three-fer.

FortDecember2011155.jpg

FortDecember2011156.jpg

FortDecember2011157.jpg

FortDecember2011158.jpg

FortDecember2011159.jpg

FortDecember2011160.jpg

FortDecember2011162.jpg

Not long after that parade was over, they lit the castle. I honestly thought some people were going to have a complete melt down. It was so chaotic, I only took one picture. People were pushing and shoving, standing in front of me, and stopping dead center in the street to take pictures and gawk. I surely wasn't leaving my tiny hole in the sidewalk to get closer, so one lit up castle pic is all I got. It is beautiful to see though.

FortDecember2011164.jpg

With my blood pressure skyrocketing, my bones cold, and my ass completely numb, I prayed it wouldn't be much longer til the electrical parade started.

Then this CM and her cart showed up.

FortDecember2011167.jpg

Nate couldn't resist! $5.00 cocoa with a souvenir mug. It was good cocoa too, and lifted my mood. (for about 5 minutes) :))

FortDecember2011166copycopy.jpg

I will now give you a breather in between parades. Try to contain your excitement, please.

I would also like to add that while WDW can bring out the best in some people, it turns some people into inconsiderate monsters!

The pushing, shoving, screaming kids, screaming parents and just general thoughtless people reminded me of why I don't normally put myself in that situation.

I did enjoy the electrical parade though, and I will share that with you in the next update.

FortDecember2011164.jpg

Nate couldn't resist! $5.00 cocoa with a souvenir mug. It was good cocoa too, and lifted my mood. (for about 5 minutes) :))

FortDecember2011166copycopy.jpg

1. beautiful castle shot

2. i don't blame you for staying put. those people get crazy sometimes

3. is it my imagination or does he look a bit smug to be the one holding the coco?

There is only two places I will wait for a parade at MK. The first one is during a meal seating at Tony's on the porch. I will sometimes wait for the late electrical parade over in Frontierland at the corner of Pecos Bills right as the parade goes backstage. That is ONLY if they have two parades with a fireworks in between. Most folks leave after the fireworks. Waiting on the second parade is not that bad then.

Oh, and backing up a post or two. I LOVED seeing your guys play with their RC cars. I can't get my parents to come to Disney with me because they go on vacations to places where daddy can enter RC car races, and model airplane contests. I grew up watching daddy play with his toys!!!