Stefa70 Goes Commando For Christmas At The Fort

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate that Andrew. I've known Judy for several years and I used to see Lil B sitting on the steps and he'd kinda wave or say hey when I'd come by. VW Dano and I were hanging out one night (Dan

I guess you're right Rita. If people would worry about themselves as much as they worry about what others are doing, the world would be a better place. I think ya'll know that I am 100% pro-man, but I

Great TR. I only have one question ... .. Once Judy started dancing, did she start talking about Donnie's toes? :rofl2:

In answer to your service animal question. If there is a ride that the animal can't ride, then the guest will need a companion to sit with the animal while the guest rides. I think they even let the family use the baby swap.

Thanks for that info Carol! "Baby swap" :waycool: That makes sense, Mason is my baby.

Have to agree with Dave and Carol. Prime Evil Whirl is my least favorite ride. I'm glad you had fun though.

I really miss this time of day. Will January 29th ever get here?FortDecember2011240.jpg

By the way I miss you and Trevor too. :)

Aww..ditto! And yes, January will be here before we know it. Can't wait to hang with my doodlebug. :hugs2:

Stef another great update. I love the prime evil whirl too. Ann hates it & screamed like an insane woman the time she went on it. Trevor gets mad every time we go past it because he is to short. He can ride Everest but not that, makes sense huh?

Too short? That's weird? I don't ride Everest, Space Mt. or Mission Space. :barf: But I love some Primeval Whirl! Nate and I rode with a black guy and his young daughter and the Dad was not thrilled to be on it either. When I warned him that I may squeal, he told me not to worry, he may throw up! But we all came through just fine.

I'll be up on a stack tomorrow and I'll have all these reports to catch back up on. Please be slow and don't let there be 3 pages when I get home.

Gee, since you were almost nice in this post, I will reassure you that there probably won't be much today. I promised to help Trevor with a job this morning.

Ya know, when I don't want to choke you, I really love you. :heartsmiley:

Love the flowers at AK! You could not pay me enough money to make me ride the Primevil Whirl! I can't imagine that y'all did Happy Hour and were able to get up and go somewhere else!

Happy Hour only consisted of one drink. I have learned to pace myself.....well I thought I did. Check back for Saturday mornings post and you will see that I was sorely mistaken. :blink:

I will blame that on Judy, instead of Dave this time!

Quick side note:

When I came home from work this morning, guess what is in my living room??

Guitar Hero! :jumpforjoy

Nate borrowed it from a friend so I could see if I wanted to actually buy it, or just play it again because it beat me. It's killing me that I have to go help Trevor and I just want to ROCK OUT! :banghead:

Quick side note:

Nate borrowed it from a friend so I could see if I wanted to actually buy it, or just play it again because it beat me. It's killing me that I have to go help Trevor and I just want to ROCK OUT! :banghead:

WARNING!!! it is very addictive! Rock on Girlfriend!

Quick side note:

Any way to pay Nate to post video of this? I either expect a reincarnation of Hendrix Or that guitar being smashed...... :jumpforjoy

I'm willing to pay for either. :clint:

WARNING!!! it is very addictive! Rock on Girlfriend!

Thanks for telling me NOW...I've been playing for the last half hour!! I can see finger cramps in my future.

Now that photo just says Happy Hour.

So what was it, the sh*t-eating grin or the beady eyes? :rofl2:

Any way to pay Nate to post video of this? I either expect a reincarnation of Hendrix Or that guitar being smashed...... :jumpforjoy

I'm willing to pay for either. :clint:

It's funny you should mention that, the friend's father that he borrowed the game from, is a good friend of mine (did I mention he's an RV repairer, and smokin' hot?) he asked for the same video. Nathen has seen me play video games before and explained that it would not be family friendly.

How many curse words can you fit in one sentence? :banghead:

ONLY on FF.net would a trip report start with the words "but I did wear undies." No wonder I love it here!!! :rofl3: :rofl2:

Hey Hotmama!! Where ya been? It's nice to have you reading along, and yes, we are a "different" bunch aren't we? :))

Before we move on with our evening, I need to back up for a minute.

When we came home from AK in the early afternoon, the Rainbow group had arrived! We saw two MH's with signs and the rest just had modest rainbow stickers, license plates or wind socks....at their site. There was no flamboyancy, no public displays, nothing! Every time we walked the dog, they would speak, wave, smile or nod. Just nice camping people like most folks who enjoy the Fort. If it hadn't been brought to my attention at the check in or the 2 signs we saw, we would have no idea that there was a group of any kind there.

So back to Friday evening!

We arrived at the studios around 5-ish. Here is their tree.

FortDecember2011243.jpg

FortDecember2011245.jpg

This was a window display that was so cute. They were like mini Rockettes, kicking their tiny legs.

FortDecember2011246.jpg

FortDecember2011247.jpg

The boys wanted food, again! So we stopped off at Backlot Express and they had burgers. I wasn't hungry at this point so I ate a couple of Trevor's fries. Instead of foreshadowing, I will out and out tell you, DO NOT skip dinner when you plan on drinking punch!

FortDecember2011248.jpg

We walked over by Star Tours and I found something that I had to buy!! Normally I don't do the souvenir thing, as everything is so darn expensive and being able to visit about once a month makes me always say "maybe next time!" But I couldn't pass this up. I do have pictures, but that will be in Saturday mornings post.

Here's Kermit!

FortDecember2011249.jpg

We made our way into the Streets of America and it was packed! Wall to wall people! But we stood and waited for the switch to be thrown.

FortDecember2011250.jpg

And the lights came on!

FortDecember2011251.jpg

FortDecember2011252.jpg

FortDecember2011254.jpg

FortDecember2011255.jpg

FortDecember2011256.jpg

FortDecember2011257.jpg

FortDecember2011259.jpg

FortDecember2011260.jpg

This blue and silver was my favorite!

FortDecember2011261.jpg

FortDecember2011262.jpg

FortDecember2011264.jpg

FortDecember2011265.jpg

FortDecember2011266.jpg

FortDecember2011267.jpg

FortDecember2011269.jpg

FortDecember2011271.jpg

FortDecember2011272.jpg

They were beautiful, and I'm happy to report that I didn't get sappy. The pushing, shoving, rude people kept that from happening.

Been there, seen that! Let's make like a tree and leave.... :))

Couple of shots on the way out.

FortDecember2011273.jpg

FortDecember2011274.jpg

FortDecember2011276.jpg

FortDecember2011278.jpg

FortDecember2011277.jpg

The tree lit up.

FortDecember2011279.jpg

We jumped on a very crowded Fort bus and made our way back to camp.

Coming up....the madness that you've all been waiting on!

Before we move on with our evening, I need to back up for a minute.

When we came home from AK in the early afternoon, the Rainbow group had arrived! We saw two MH's with signs and the rest just had modest rainbow stickers, license plates or wind socks....at their site. There was no flamboyancy, no public displays, nothing! Every time we walked the dog, they would speak, wave, smile or nod. Just nice camping people like most folks who enjoy the Fort. If it hadn't been brought to my attention at the check in or the 2 signs we saw, we would have no idea that there was a group of any kind there.

Good so they were not challenging the Fort Fiends for being the loudest, drunkest, most obnoxious and unruly bunch. I guess we can live with that group.. all thought I bet Stef wouldn't have backed down if that title was challenged. :)

Instead of foreshadowing, I will out and out tell you, DO NOT skip dinner when you plan on drinking punch!

Does the night end something like this?

I'm passing this on because it worked for me today. A doctor on TV said to have inner peace we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked around my house to find things I'd started and hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum i luvum...

:flush2:

I'm passing this on because it worked for me today. A doctor on TV said to have inner peace we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked around my house to find things I'd started and hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum i luvum...

Great idea, Genia. I will get started on that right away! :rofl2:

Stefa,

trying to get caught up on your trip report! I just finished reading about your night in Celebration and I have a question.....that ice skating rink looked like it was outdoors. If it was, HOW DO THEY DO THAT????? How come it doesnt melt?? We are a hockey family. I have spent almost eight months a year (Sept.-April) for the last 13 years holed up in hockey arena's freezing my butt off watching my kids play. If Celebration can have an outside rink without it melting, then the arenas in NH need to figure out how to keep their ice without submitting all the fans to sub zero temps!!!!

Back to reading more......

Heidi

Hey Stef-

Loved the update.

But I'm dying to know what you bought at Star Tours?

Stefa,

trying to get caught up on your trip report! I just finished reading about your night in Celebration and I have a question.....that ice skating rink looked like it was outdoors. If it was, HOW DO THEY DO THAT? ???? How come it doesnt melt?? We are a hockey family. I have spent almost eight months a year (Sept.-April) for the last 13 years holed up in hockey arena's freezing my butt off watching my kids play. If Celebration can have an outside rink without it melting, then the arenas in NH need to figure out how to keep their ice without submitting all the fans to sub zero temps!!!!

Heidi

Having been to Celebration a time or two, I can answer that for you.

The "ice" isn't really ice.

It's just some kind of slippery plastic surface.

They sometimes set one of those up at Clearwater Beach.

That's how they have outdoor "ice" rinks in Florida.

TCD

Good so they were not challenging the Fort Fiends for being the loudest, drunkest, most obnoxious and unruly bunch. I guess we can live with that group.. all thought I bet Stef wouldn't have backed down if that title was challenged. :)

Hmmm, maybe they sensed that and weren't up for the challenge! ???

I love the Osbourne lights!! I hate the pushing and shoving too, so that's why I wait until almost park close to visit

You are a smart woman! I was trying to time it around Happy Hour #1 and Happy Hour #2. (I should have stopped at #1!)

Did doodle forward my text from that night? The last couple of sentences looks very similar to what I tried to text her.

This was a good update, but put down the guitar and get to the great part! :))

I'm caught up. and though I have now promised not to nag TR writer there is a loop hole if you are playing VIDEO GAMES....

I did do a bit of rocking out, and cooked dinner. Remember I had to actually work a little today! :banghead:

Stefa,

trying to get caught up on your trip report! I just finished reading about your night in Celebration and I have a question.....that ice skating rink looked like it was outdoors. If it was, HOW DO THEY DO THAT? ???? How come it doesnt melt?? We are a hockey family. I have spent almost eight months a year (Sept.-April) for the last 13 years holed up in hockey arena's freezing my butt off watching my kids play. If Celebration can have an outside rink without it melting, then the arenas in NH need to figure out how to keep their ice without submitting all the fans to sub zero temps!!!!

Heidi

Hey Heidi! Thanks for reading along. See "Mr Smarty Pants'" reply below. He is right, as usual. But the rink was cool and the kids were having fun.

Hey Stef-

Loved the update.

But I'm dying to know what you bought at Star Tours?

Having been to Celebration a time or two, I can answer that for you.

The "ice" isn't really ice.

It's just some kind of slippery plastic surface.

They sometimes set one of those up at Clearwater Beach.

That's how they have outdoor "ice" rinks in Florida.

TCD

Thanks for hanging in there with me.

I am so excited to share my pics of what I bought. Not only do I have photos, but I also will share a story that explains why it's good to be S70 sometimes.

And you thought it was only good to be TCD! :raspberry2: