Stefa70 Goes Commando For Christmas At The Fort

That looked and sounded like a great evening. Glad ya'll are having fun and enjoying your vacation. :)

Hey H! Glad to have you along for this bumpy ride. We did enjoy it! I have faith that you and KFK will be back soon too. :heart:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate that Andrew. I've known Judy for several years and I used to see Lil B sitting on the steps and he'd kinda wave or say hey when I'd come by. VW Dano and I were hanging out one night (Dan

I guess you're right Rita. If people would worry about themselves as much as they worry about what others are doing, the world would be a better place. I think ya'll know that I am 100% pro-man, but I

Great TR. I only have one question ... .. Once Judy started dancing, did she start talking about Donnie's toes? :rofl2:

Sappy alert: We had a great time with Lou & Gail!! Sitting and chatting with them, I tend to forget that they are old enough to be my parents. Not only are they beautiful on the inside, they are just as beautiful on the outside. I hope I can age that well!

Likewise, the both of you are great fun.

You can be our surrogate daughter except you'll have to change your name because we already have a Stef.

It must have been specific to that group, cause the CM SURE didn't ask us Halloween 2010 whether we would be uncomfortable amongst the 1600 Loop church group filled with screaming kids and teeny bopper girls taking over the bath house.

:facepalm:

Likewise, the both of you are great fun.

You can be our surrogate daughter except you'll have to change your name because we already have a Stef.

:jumpforjoy Cool!!! Well apparently Genia thinks Mini Punch Mistress has a nice ring to it, what d'ya think?

Well to start the required thread jack (see Fiend Charter section 500, paragraph 4, subsection a), I suggest Stef could go by Mini Punch mistress.

Any other suggestions?

:)) Why do I have the feeling that this is gonna get much worse?

Celebration looks like a great place. It'll be on our list of reasons to go in 2012. As far as the checkin goes I can understand him asking. Some people may have issues or maybe some of them were really flamboyant when checking in. Personally as long as they don't try to put their wiener near my buns I don't care what they do. But on the other hand a wouldn't want to be there with the kids & have drag queens everywhere. I can see Trevor asking hey dad why does that lady have a beard.

Kind of like a car accident. You don't want to gawk, but you can't help it. :rofl2:

Thanks for reading Kim, I'll try to keep it clean.

Now why would you do that!? This is your TR... do it your way. ;D

Maybe just a giant DON'T LOOK KFK!!!! before the dirty parts.... you know, so I can put my hands over my eyes and read through my fingers. :rofl2:

Hey H! Glad to have you along for this bumpy ride. We did enjoy it! I have faith that you and KFK will be back soon too. :heart:

Thanks. We have faith too. :heart:

Anwhoo... enjoying the report as usual! :popcorn:

Personally as long as they don't try to put their wiener near my buns I don't care what they do.

:)) I actually prefer my wieners without buns, but to each his own.

Red Solo Cup Siren

Red Solo Cup Gnome is closer ...

Yep, just as I suspected! How about "Easy Red Solo Cup Punch Mistress Gnome Siren" This way we've covered all the bases, well, except for naked.

I don't know if Trevor will appreciate if we call her that. :rofl2:

Easy? He wouldn't mind, why do you think he married me? ;)

Now why would you do that!? This is your TR... do it your way. ;D

Maybe just a giant DON'T LOOK KFK!!!! before the dirty parts.... you know, so I can put my hands over my eyes and read through my fingers. :rofl2:

Thanks Kim! And that's exactly how I watch scary movies. I will give you a heads up if it's gonna get dirty, so you can get ready.

Hey, where's the commando stuff? You must have learned that from being an upstate New Yorker? I did.....lol

I'm getting there.............slow, but sure.

Before we move on, I owe you an explanation. Most of you know that "commando" in a Disney trip report usually means; all the parks, at full speed, rope drop to extra magic hours. I have never, nor will never do that. I like some down time when I'm on vacation.

This trip was strictly about seeing all the holiday decorations, and I wanted to see each & every parks. No concern for rides or shows, just decorations. We checked in on Wednesday and were checking out on Sunday so that gave me 4 nights to get to all 4 parks. That is as "commando" as you'll ever see me.

Of course, for those of you who know me well, commando means something entirely different. So I guess we could say I went commando, while commando, and we'll leave it at that. ;)

We've got a few more days, and a lot of pictures so let's keep moving.

Thursday 12/8 ~

When we hit the hay the previous night, it was chilly! We have heated mattresses in the TT, so I like to leave the heat off and snuggle down in my cocoon. The downside of that is when nature calls in the morning, and you have to emerge from that cocoon.

When I got up at 5:30am, it was 54 degrees, inside of the trailer! Needless to say, I turned on the heat. I also turned on the weather channel and it was 42 degrees with a windchill of 36 outside. That may not seem bad for you northerners, but us southern folk can hardly function when it's that cold.

Our plan was to go to the MK this evening for the electrical parade, which I hadn't seen in years. This plan allowed us to fart around (Not literally) the Fort for the day.

Mason has his winter coat, so he was just fine with the weather.

FortDecember2011052.jpg

We hopped in the cart to take Mason over on the dog walk area behind the 300 loop.

FortDecember2011055.jpg

FortDecember2011061.jpg

While Trevor and Mason walked along the canal, Nathen and I went down near Bay lake.

FortDecember2011059.jpg

I think this is TCD's favorite spot.

FortDecember2011058.jpg

It was a nice chilly morning landscape shot, but it looked awfully empty.

FortDecember2011057.jpg

There, isn't that better? :P

The wind coming off the lake was brutal, so we didn't stay long. We started back up the road towards Mason & Trevor

FortDecember2011060.jpg

I guess Mason had finished with his business and was ready to go.

FortDecember2011062.jpg

FortDecember2011063.jpg

This GMC was in the 300 loop. My father bought one of these a few years ago, partially restored. I took this picture to tease him that people actually do drive them to Florida. He's had some issues with his and won't stray far from home.

FortDecember2011064.jpg

We were making some loops, when we met Judy coming out of the 700's. She flagged us down to help her with an abandoned RV that she was trying to get out of it's spot.

FortDecember2011065.jpg

FortDecember2011066.jpg

It's actually Donnie's rental, and the people had just checked out. I stayed on the cart with Mason and watched the three stooges Nate, Trevor and Judy get it ready to be pulled out.

When we were finished with that I recommended riding through Sunny Sage Loop (the 600's) Normally I avoid that loop at all costs. Anything with the name "sunny" in it, in Florida, is something to be avoided. But today, I was all about warming up in some sun.

FortDecember2011068.jpg

FortDecember2011069.jpg

FortDecember2011070.jpg

FortDecember2011071.jpg

Of course, because I had my camera in hand, there were no otters to be found in the pond. Damn those sneaky critters!

We made our way through the loops and found this neat RV in the 1600 loop. Nate got out to get a better look.

FortDecember2011072.jpg

I guess so many people thought it was cool, that they posted a FAQ right into the windshield.

FortDecember2011073.jpg

After our looping, we went back to our site to thaw out and take Mason for a walk. (I had a nap in mind, but that didn't happen)

Ever since my mother watched the movie Turner & Hooch, she has wanted a "hooch dog" Her husband is not in agreement! We had noticed there was a hooch dog in the site across the road, and she was outside tied up. We strolled over to see if I could take a picture. Not only did I get some pictures of Stella, Stella's humans were super sweet and we ended up talking for over an hour. I did my fiend duty and gave her a FF.net card, as she said they come down from MA 2 to 3 times a year. She joined that night! (screen name missmila) :jumpforjoy

This is Stella :heart:

FortDecember2011079.jpg

That stringer of drool is the exact reason why my mom's hubby says No Go!

FortDecember2011075.jpg

FortDecember2011082.jpg

Mason looks vicious in this picture but they were just playing. Mason was trying to escape her godzilla sized paws.

FortDecember2011084.jpg

She was such a sweet pup! All she wanted to do was be loved, scratched, and share her slobber with you.

I ran into Stella's mom (Laura) a couple of hours later, coming out of the arcade and she said "Are you stalking me!?" I knew then, that she was fiend material.

Nathen and I discussed going to a park, but decided against it and instead roamed around the settlement area.

I got some pics of that coming right up!

Is it weird that I knew exactly what you meant when you said "commando"? No?, I didn't think it was either. Sorry you were so cold, maybe some underwear would have kept you warmer. :rofl2: 36 is still summer up here, but I will admit that when I was there with you over Labor Day the Florida heat had me moving pretty slow.

I met missmila the night she joined. She was a brave soul and wandered into chat. We played nice so I'm sure we will see a lot of her around here.

Loving all the pictures, so keep em coming :heart:

Love, love, love the puppy pictures!

By the way, I have a nick name for you - Half Pint....

Thanks, I love puppy pictures too! I took a lot more of Stella, just because she's adorable. I would have 10 dogs if I had the room and the money to take care of that many.

I'm not sure we can fit any more nicknames into the equation. Too many, and I will start to sound like one of those snooty kids with all the names. :))

Is it weird that I knew exactly what you meant when you said "commando"? No?, I didn't think it was either. Sorry you were so cold, maybe some underwear would have kept you warmer. :rofl2: 36 is still summer up here, but I will admit that when I was there with you over Labor Day the Florida heat had me moving pretty slow.

I met missmila the night she joined. She was a brave soul and wandered into chat. We played nice so I'm sure we will see a lot of her around here.

Loving all the pictures, so keep em coming :heart:

I guess you know me too well! :smug:

Thursday afternoon, Nathen and I took the cart down to the Settlement area, while Trevor relaxed with Mason back at camp. (and probably ate 15 different things....are all men, ALWAYS hungry, ALL the time?)

FortDecember2011087.jpg

FortDecember2011088.jpg

FortDecember2011089.jpg

FortDecember2011090.jpg

Then we strolled over to the TCD ranch.

FortDecember2011093.jpg

FortDecember2011092.jpg

FortDecember2011091.jpg

It's funny to see the ponies fluffing up for the winter months. This one you can really see how his coat is thickening.

FortDecember2011094.jpg

The sleigh was ready to be hitched up for the evening rides.

FortDecember2011095.jpg

Then we wandered in to see the Big Boys.

These two were nuzzling and kissing though the gate between their stalls. :heart:

FortDecember2011097.jpg

These two were at the very far end of the barn, way past where guests are allowed. The black horse was eating fresh hay right off the cart. A CM came out and told us that he had hay right in his stall, but it was more fun to take what he wasn't supposed to have. Kind of like most children.

FortDecember2011096.jpg

These guys were soaking up some Florida sunshine too!

FortDecember2011099.jpg

FortDecember2011098.jpg

We continued on our trek behind the Trails End building towards the lake.

FortDecember2011101.jpg

I have a special friend who likes this vane. :heart:

FortDecember2011100.jpg

Mickey's Backyard BBQ pavilion stage was decked out for Christmas

FortDecember2011103.jpg

And the scarecrows that TCD documented out front, had been replaced by snowmen.

FortDecember2011102.jpg

Here is a lonely bench right where the River Country water tower used to sit. I don't imagine this bench gets a lot of use now, as there's not much to see back there unless your at the BBQ, or using the old River Country bathrooms.

FortDecember2011104.jpg

You can just barely see Bay Lake through the trees from this spot.

FortDecember2011106.jpg

FortDecember2011105.jpg

Funny, I had many a rip-roaring day when I left River Country, sunburned, wet and exhausted! Now I leave feeling ripped-off instead. <_< For the life of me, I can't understand them leaving that area to just rot away.

We had almost gone full circle back to the cart, when Nate had a brilliant idea.

FortDecember2011107.jpg

Let's go play some games!

FortDecember2011109.jpg

He loaded some money on the "Disney Gamer" card

FortDecember2011110.jpg

And I did some road racing! I didn't put any money in the game, but I pretended like I was hauling ass and taking turns on a dime!

FortDecember2011111.jpg

Yeah, so what? I'm easily entertained.

I peeked into Trails End to see what folks were eating

FortDecember2011112.jpg

Nate had found the game he wanted to play.

FortDecember2011113.jpg

This was my first experience with Guitar Hero, and Nate did pretty good. He played Foghats "Slow Ride" and I danced along with his tune. Looked easy enough...my turn!!

I picked Poisons "Talk Dirty To Me" but I only got to hear less than half the song before it stopped! What The Fort?

Nathen gently tells me that I sucked so bad, they kicked me out of the band! Guess it's not as easy as it looks. I left the arcade with my tail between my legs, but don't you worry, this wasn't my last gig.

The Fort tree looked beautiful as usual.

FortDecember2011114.jpg

We made it back to the cart parking and made our way back to the site.

We still had a a little time before we hit the Magic Kingdom, so Trevor and Nate decided to break out the big boy toys........

Thanks, I love puppy pictures too! I took a lot more of Stella, just because she's adorable. I would have 10 dogs if I had the room and the money to take care of that many. I'm not sure we can fit any more nicknames into the equation. Too many, and I will start to sound like one of those snooty kids with all the names. :)) I guess you know me too well! :smug:

I too would have 10 dogs if DH and money would allow.

I only gave you the abbreviated version of the name to save you from sounding like a snooty kid.

And as for the Commando, I swear since you started this thread I've thought of just about every possible meaning to the word....

1. In a way I'm glad I never went to RC, as I don't know what I've missed. And I wonder why they let it go so bad....

2. Remember when frogger and pac man where the arcade games. I think I'll pass on Guitar Hero.

3. somebody is gonna have something to say about you on that bike.. you just wait.

4. now I want to go see some horses

Mom and son time is always so fun! Glad you were able to spend a lazy afternoon with Nate.

My kids play guitar hero at home. They have all the instruments. They let me play sometimes but always make me the singer.I can't carry a tune but I can keep the beat.singer-3.gif

I miss RC, we had a lot of good times there. :(

Ok I'm ready and waiting for more. :)

2. Remember when frogger and pac man where the arcade games. I think I'll pass on Guitar Hero.

Carol made a good point in a thread yesterday. She said when people comment on others trip reports it helps them remember things they would normally have forgotten.

I did play Galaga and kicked ass! There's a combo game of Pac-Man/Galaga! Gotta love the 80's. :)

Guitar Hero was fun (or frustrating, I'm not sure which) I hate to lose at something!

Mom and son time is always so fun! Glad you were able to spend a lazy afternoon with Nate.

My kids play guitar hero at home. They have all the instruments. They let me play sometimes but always make me the singer.I can't carry a tune but I can keep the beat.singer-3.gif

I miss RC, we had a lot of good times there. :(

Ok I'm ready and waiting for more. :)

Ok, if we are being honest here, I did go back to our site and get online to check out the games. Nate explained about all the different instruments and such. I didn't know there was a singing position, though. I love to sing!! I suck at it too, but in my own mind I'm Cher.

I see Guitar Hero being in my living room soon, and the next time you see me, I'll be a ROCK STAR!!

More is coming soon!

Carol made a good point in a thread yesterday. She said when people comment on others trip reports it helps them remember things they would normally have forgotten.

I did play Galaga and kicked ass! There's a combo game of Pac-Man/Galaga! Gotta love the 80's. :)

Guitar Hero was fun (or frustrating, I'm not sure which) I hate to lose at something!

Carol has a good point. I think that's one of the draws of TRs.

I hate losing too... thus the reason I was never really good at pac-man and would find Guitar Hero frustrating!

Ok, if we are being honest here, I did go back to our site and get online to check out the games. Nate explained about all the different instruments and such. I didn't know there was a singing position, though. I love to sing!! I suck at it too, but in my own mind I'm Cher.

I see Guitar Hero being in my living room soon, and the next time you see me, I'll be a ROCK STAR!!

More is coming soon!

Funny I'm Jennifer Nettles in my mind.