A Trip Report Sure to Win Applesauce. . .TCD's NYE 2011 TR!

Since we are at the top of a new page, I do have one small update.

And this one will be a bit different.

This one just shares a video.

I took this on Saturday morning, December 31, 2011 on the porch of the Meadow Trading Post.

I was sitting in one of those rockers at about 8:30 am, enjoying the Christmas music and the peacefulness of the scene.

And I got the bright idea that I could put my camera there on a post and video what I was experiencing.

So that is what I did.

As we know, WDW was bursting at the seams on NYE weekend.

But, here at the Fort all was peaceful and quiet.

If you have three minutes to spare, grab a cup of coffee and a comfortable chair and watch this video.

Also, if any of you smart folks can identify the music playing, I sure would appreciate it.

As I was saying to Bill/Wak648 I really enjoyed sitting there and listening to this music.

Also be sure not to miss the birds chirping and the folks strolling and jogging by.

I love the Fort! :

(click on this photo and the video will play)

th_MVI_2769.jpg

Don't worry, there was plenty of action on December 31st. In fact, I have a bunch of photos that I took before I made this video. But, I will give you all a chance to enjoy the video before we move on.

TCD

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're going to visit the Four Seasons, am I right??

YEA DAVE!!! WHERE?!?!?

This whole "spankula" thing...am I the only one reminded of the movie "Stripes", where Bill Murray gives the girl "The Aunt Jemimah Treatment"?

Also, if any of you smart folks can identify the music playing, I sure would appreciate it.

SoundHound thinks the song is from Country Mountain Christmas. I didn't have much luck searching under that album title, but did find this on iTunes which might be a winner. Listen to a preview of track #3. http://itunes.apple....mas/id157772484

Edit to add: hope my crazy Canadian link works for you. If not, search for "Bluegrass Christmas" or "Christmas Treasures Series & The Clarke Family"

SoundHound thinks the song is from Country Mountain Christmas. I didn't have much luck searching under that album title, but did find this on iTunes which might be a winner. Listen to a preview of track #3. http://itunes.apple....mas/id157772484

Edit to add: hope my crazy Canadian link works for you. If not, search for "Bluegrass Christmas" or "Christmas Treasures Series & The Clarke Family"

Good Job!!!

If that Christmas Treasures Series and the Clarke Family isn't it, it is close enough for me.

It sure sounds like that is where this music came from.

Thanks!

TCD

Random comments:

Thanks for saying that I'm the smartest bus driver you know, even though you took it back.

I could say that you are the smartest XXXXXX I know, but a family member may have an issue with that.

If we ever get together and do our tour, I'll show you the 3rd, there are only three, fire station.

I didn't know that there was an Internet Cafe at the Fort.

Love the photo of the marshmallow guy roasting a hot dog.

I just can't believe that people pay that much for a golf cart. It's cheaper to rent a car and loop with it.

You're right about those two NEVs. See Fort rules below.

Licensed vehicles, such as automobiles,

motorcycles, NEVs, GEMs, and moped

scooters are permitted only on road ways.

No parking in golf cart areas.

Thanks for not showing photos of the EWP.

If he couldn't remember my user ID or Doodle's as part of the SPP, then I don't think we were meant to be in it. Our names fit right in. Then again he could just be old and senile? :rofl2:

Well old.. I doubt you would consider me old.. but I do suffer from CRS at times. Yeah Genia and Doodle probably belong in the posse.. just didn't want to lump the wrong people in with the trouble makers :)

Ok, I'm caught up and have some random comments. No quoting cause I'm posting from the stupid iPad tonight (have I mentioned how much I hate iPads?).

I noticed the spankula. Extra points for me.

The Mac n cheese sounds good, and I don't even like Mac n cheese. But if I made it I think I'd leave out the macaroni and the cheese. And I'd wrap the hotdogs in bacon and grill them and wash them down with beer.

Nice fireworks pics. But boo for no Dole Whip photos.

I may have more comments but hate typing on this stupid thing.

I have a couple more ideas for your business enterprise on site 617-

1. You could put a sign over by the bobber eating tree advertising fishing bobbers for sale. When Bob is at the Fort, you could make enough off of selling him bobbers to pay for your trip.

2. Since you will be on the path to the campfire, you could sell sticks and s'mores kits for a couple of bucks less than they do over at the campfire.

3. You probably already thought of this, but you could sell hot dogs and burgers cooked on that grill. Folks wouldn't even have to come on your site to get one- you could just hand them over the fence.

I'll bet it was KFK.

Except for the Dark Year.

TCD

1. I'll send H over to sell bobbers. We could make a fortune off Bob alone. ;D

2. Good idea. 8 bucks for a few marshallows, a couple of mini Hershey's, a graham cracker and a stick is pretty steep. I'll sell them for 5.

3. I wouldn't even have to hand them one. They could grab it right off the grill themselves.

4. When we're ready for a break we will just drive a MH to the pool for a little R & R.

Not sure I'd make that bet. The dark year may have cancelled out any good years that may or may not have happened. ;D

We'll just say that KFM and KFD are glad their parenting job is over and leave it at that.

Love the updates. I really must learn not to fall behind on a TCD TR. It's a booger trying catch up.

You'll be proud to know that I found (packed away) an RV for my Nativity. Next Year's set up will be stellar!

The Mac n cheese sounds good, and I don't even like Mac n cheese.

And yet you made it for SM 2011 and are making it again for SM 2012? :rofl2:

Ah! Something that I forgot last time...

We had a slide in once before that Jonathan had intentions of fixing up. He actually was wanting to put it on a utility trailer.

I said no.

Not long after, we found a deal on a pup that we couldn't refuse.

Thanks for checking in. I remember when we had little humans running around our house. I'm sure you have already heard this a hundred times, but enjoy every minute of it, it goes much faster than you can even imagine. And, if the little dude is spitting back the squash, let it go. He'll be fine, and you'll have one less mess to clean. And really, who likes squash anyway?

I am glad to hear that someone named Yodagirl agrees with our Star Wars watching plan. As I mentioned, we just got done with Episode IV, so we haven't seen Yoda yet, but I think he's in the next one.

Thanks for checking in, I hope you can find time to read the rest.

So true. They really are only little for a very brief time.

As for the squash, I kinda like it. Of course it has to be in a casserole, and that usually means cheese. Everything's better with cheese.

IMG_2693.jpg

I actually have one of those.

Not the eye attached to the TCD Twin.

The marshmallow roasting a hot dog.

We bought ours at Holiday World a few years ago after having camped at Lincoln Park.

IMG_2700.jpg

I would have loved to have seen that.

The guy in the golf cart looks a bit concerned.

Kudos to the guy in the MH, though. I have a hard time backing my van.

IMG_2709.jpg

You looked, didn't you?

Don't say I didn't warn you.

I did look.

Those prices are ridiculous.

Maybe not as convenient, but at least my bike is free.

Here's the TCD version:

Slice up one or two hot dogs per person and brown them real good (the hot dogs are the best part).

Prepare one box of good old Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for every two people in your party (so for four people make two boxes).

After the macaroni and cheese is ready, stir in the browned hot dogs and serve.

:shh: That's my recipe, too. Just don't tell anyone...

Jonathan likes his with salsa mixed in.

That's just a bit weird for me.

Random comments:

If we ever get together and do our tour, I'll show you the 3rd, there are only three, fire station.

I didn't know that there was an Internet Cafe at the Fort.

Thanks for not showing photos of the EWP.

Lou-

I have three comments on your random comments:

1. You say there are only three RCFD stations. So, why does this photo show four

? :

RCFD.jpg

2. The Fort had an Internet Cafe for years. It really wasn't much to talk about. It was located on the first floor of the building that sits in the middle of the check-in lanes. Here's what it looked like in there right up until it was closed for renovations around Thanksgiving:

Picture218.jpg

3. I think you may be rubbing off on me. I have no EWP photos, because we did not see the EWP on this trip. Which is unusual for us.

TCD

OK, a few more comments to catch up on, and then this thing is going to get moving again.

I loved the video! I'm going to save it to my desktop and when I'm really frustrated at work (like I am now) I'm gonna put it on and pretend I'm there and that all is right with the world. :-)

Good.

I'm glad you like it.

It is kind of three minutes of nothing. But I like it because it is the next best thing to sitting there on the porch.

Ok, I'm caught up and have some random comments. No quoting cause I'm posting from the stupid iPad tonight (have I mentioned how much I hate iPads?).

I noticed the spankula. Extra points for me.

The Mac n cheese sounds good, and I don't even like Mac n cheese. But if I made it I think I'd leave out the macaroni and the cheese. And I'd wrap the hotdogs in bacon and grill them and wash them down with beer.

Nice fireworks pics. But boo for no Dole Whip photos.

I may have more comments but hate typing on this stupid thing.

So if you hate it so much, what are you doing with an ipad?

I love your version of the Pirate Jeff recipe. Just leave out the macaroni and the cheese and add bacon. Sounds good to me!

I knew better than to take photos of our lame Dole Whip on this go around. After your photos from your Thanksgiving trip, the bar has been raised.

1. I'll send H over to sell bobbers. We could make a fortune off Bob alone. ;D

2. Good idea. 8 bucks for a few marshallows, a couple of mini Hershey's, a graham cracker and a stick is pretty steep. I'll sell them for 5.

3. I wouldn't even have to hand them one. They could grab it right off the grill themselves.

4. When we're ready for a break we will just drive a MH to the pool for a little R & R.

You'll be proud to know that I found (packed away) an RV for my Nativity. Next Year's set up will be stellar!

Two comments on those comments.

First, I LOL'd at your idea #4, above.

Second, good job on getting the RV for your Nativity scene!

Ah! Something that I forgot last time...

We had a slide in once before that Jonathan had intentions of fixing up. He actually was wanting to put it on a utility trailer.

I said no.

Not long after, we found a deal on a pup that we couldn't refuse.

Fun sucker!

I thought it was brilliant to put the truck camper on a trailer.

Why not?

Uhhh yes. You are wrong. But you live with 6 women so you should be used to it. ;D

KFK- You made me LOL twice today!

After having grown up with 4 sisters, and now being the only male in my house, all I can say is Amen to that!

TCD, thank you very much for posting this. I too find that music relaxing and amazing.

Thanks also to Wendinator for finding the artist. I need to put that on my to-find list!

One of these days, I want to put together a Fort Wilderness play list. So far, I know it will include "Red Solo Cup" by Toby Keith and the song "Camouflage" by Brad Paisley. Of course, I'll include the ballad of Davy Crockett, and a few of the songs that are always played at the campfire. Then a lot of banjo music. Yee Haw!

Sorry for the hijack...but to get back on track let me tell you I just took the time to watch that video and it was an awesome experience! Like sitting there in person, soaking in the atmosphere and watching the Fort go by. Loved it.

I'm glad you liked it, Dave.

I hope that everyone else reading along takes the time to watch the whole thing.

It is a pretty cool reminder of how nice and peaceful it is at the Fort.

TCD

One of these days, I want to put together a Fort Wilderness play list. So far, I know it will include "Red Solo Cup" by Toby Keith and the song "Camouflage" by Brad Paisley. Of course, I'll include the ballad of Davy Crockett, and a few of the songs that are always played at the campfire. Then a lot of banjo music. Yee Haw!

I suggest you check out Where the Blacktop Ends by Keith Urban.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhsO7LnwyBI

Its on my Friday after work playlist.