A Multi-Trip Report including the WBI & Camping Princess Wedding!

After lots of relaxing at our awesome room, we got ready for Epcot, but first we stopped off at the Inn Keeper’s club for a snack and drink! (I could get used to that)

Our plan was to get to Epcot early to enjoy the Holidays around the World before our 5pm dinner reservation in Mexico; we booked a package for the Candlelight processional so we were pretty excited!

We love Canada and always tour around there!

DSC06467.jpg

DSC06468.jpg

DSC06469.jpg

One day we want to make a trip up there. If there’s any Canadians reading along, where would you recommend going for your first time in Canada?

Then the U.K.

DSC06470.jpg

DSC06471.jpg

Then France where this guy was performing:

DSC06473.jpg

DSC06475.jpg

DSC06476.jpg

The US:

DSC06477.jpg

DSC06478.jpg

Italy:

DSC06479.jpg

DSC06480.jpg

DSC06481.jpg

Germany:

DSC06483.jpg

Sunset over Epcot!

DSC06484.jpg

DSC06485.jpg

Then we got in line at the new Mexican restaurant, we had a wait but it wasn’t too bad. This was our first time eating here, and we love Mexican food so we were excited! I forgot to take a single picture but it’s probably because it wasn’t the greatest experience.

We got stuck at a tiny table next to four huge families in this little side room. Not fun at all. Then on top of that I wasn’t feeling the greatest so I wasn’t super hungry, but because it was a dinner package we still had to order a lot. Plus our service was slow because our guy was so busy with the other families, can’t blame him for that he was just over worked. Long story short it wasn’t the greatest meal ever but we didn’t let it spoil our night…

We left Mexico and checked out the main tree:

DSC06489.jpg

That reminds me I never looked at our Photopass pics, I need to check those out.

Then we headed back to America to get in line for the candlelight processional!

DSC06491.jpg

DSC06492.jpg

DSC06493.jpg

DSC06497.jpg

It was great as always!!!

Then we got a drink at our favorite pub, the Rose and Crown and decided to call it a night.

Here’s our garden when we got back to our room:

DSC06500.jpg

DSC06501.jpg

DSC06502.jpg

DSC06503.jpg

That’s it for this post.

Up next our last day but don’t worry we did a lot!

WBI

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update! What a nice surprise you received!! Didn't try the bidet? Wow, that's the first thing I would have done. :flush2: :rofl2:

Well it looks like the Swan and Dolphin also cut back their decorations.

Check out this picture from December 2009 of the same train. The "snow" went all the way to the fence back then.

IMG00142_00.jpg

Instead of cutbacks, could it have been caused by Global Warming? :rofl2:

Wow, I don't know how I missed these updates! I love all the resort decorations. I definitely think they have scaled back at the park and the resorts.

It is a bummer to have bad location and service, it really can color your opinion of a restaurant. I'm glad that you didn't let it spoil your night, though!

Instead of cutbacks, could it have been caused by Global Warming? :rofl2:

haha could be!

Wow, I don't know how I missed these updates! I love all the resort decorations. I definitely think they have scaled back at the park and the resorts.

It is a bummer to have bad location and service, it really can color your opinion of a restaurant. I'm glad that you didn't let it spoil your night, though!

Thanks for catching up get ready for some more updates!

WBI

I’m back and I’m ready to wrap this up.

It’s now Sunday morning and we opted for free breakfast at the Inn Keepers Club:

Boardwalk decorations:

DSC06504.jpg

DSC06505.jpg

DSC06507.jpg

DSC06508.jpg

A lamp in our room:

DSC06509.jpg

Checking out around 11am:

DSC06513.jpg

DSC06514.jpg

DSC06516.jpg

DSC06517.jpg

DSC06518.jpg

We decided to walk over to Hollywood Studios:

DSC06519.jpg

DSC06520.jpg

DSC06522.jpg

DSC06524.jpg

Since it was around noon most fast passes were either gone or for way later. We were able to get one for Star Tours though. But first we opted for a snack, a Carrot Cake Cookie! It was great!

Then on to Star tours!

DSC06529.jpg

DSC06532.jpg

We really like the new Star Tours, but I have to complain a little, I’ve had the same sequence the last three times over three months. What the heck, seriously we went to only two places both times and they were the exact same two.

Anyway we did a lot of hanging out and taking it easy and I had surprise dinner reservations at Drive In Diner.

Here’s some random decorations.

DSC06538.jpg

DSC06539.jpg

DSC06540.jpg

DSC06541.jpg

DSC06542.jpg

We even watched the Mulch Sweat and Scherer jam for a while on the stage.

DSC06544.jpg

Here’s the Osborne lights before dark.

DSC06545.jpg

DSC06547.jpg

DSC06548.jpg

Then we made our way to the Sci Fi Dine In. CP had never been before and it had been a long time for me, we had a great time there and the food was pretty good!

DSC06552.jpg

DSC06555.jpg

We then headed back to the streets of America, but it was still a little early so we decided to try some Holiday drinks. I had some kind of spiced Apple Cider and CP had an adult hot chocolate I think, they were warm and delicious. Did I mention that temperature was steadily dropping, it wasn’t freezing or anything but it was getting cooler.

We stood enjoying our drinks next to the big switch, and before long it was time!

DSC06557.jpg

Here’ they are, the Osborne Family spectacle of dancing lights:

DSC06559.jpg

DSC06560.jpg

DSC06561.jpg

DSC06562.jpg

DSC06563.jpg

DSC06564.jpg

DSC06565.jpg

DSC06566.jpg

DSC06569.jpg

DSC06571.jpg

DSC06572.jpg

DSC06578.jpg

We stood in line for a few photopass pictures and enjoyed the lights for quite a while, but then we had to work our way out of the park.

Here’s a few more decorations on our way out:

DSC06585.jpg

DSC06587.jpg

DSC06588.jpg

DSC06589.jpg

We then hopped on the boat back to the Boardwalk where we got in our car and hit the road for the three hour drive home. It was the end of another great Disney World trip!

WBI

Coming up next I’ll post a few pics from our quick January trip.

Great updates WBI!!! Too bad about the Mexican restaurant experience. We've never dined there, and I'm not in a rush to do so based upon all the reviews I've read. But I AM a fan of the carrot cake cookie!! Glad you enjoyed that.

We didn't like the new Mexican place either

WBI - it's so funny how many of our pictures are similar.

The one of CP in front of the sorcerer Mickey at the contemporary - you'll see that soon in my TR (only with my daughter).

You guys did the CP dinner package 3 nights before we did; we did Rose & Crown on 12/20.

Still looks like an amazing trip!! :)

Great updates WBI!!! Too bad about the Mexican restaurant experience. We've never dined there, and I'm not in a rush to do so based upon all the reviews I've read. But I AM a fan of the carrot cake cookie!! Glad you enjoyed that.

Thanks!

You know the food wasn't too bad, we just didn't love it, plus our expereince was rough.

That carrot cake cookie is great, and big!

We didn't like the new Mexican place either

Glad to hear it wasn't just us.

I didn't like the old Mexican place either. We went once, but left feeling ripped off.

We tried the old one again this past year, they had just updated the menu. Again the food was pretty good but pricey, we actually only ordered some apps for a quick lunch.

WBI - it's so funny how many of our pictures are similar.

The one of CP in front of the sorcerer Mickey at the contemporary - you'll see that soon in my TR (only with my daughter).

You guys did the CP dinner package 3 nights before we did; we did Rose & Crown on 12/20.

Still looks like an amazing trip!! :)

I know! I was looking at yours and we did a lot of the same things!

Your trip looks like so much fun! The pirate league looked like a blast!

WBI

Since this is a "Multi-Trip Report" I'm going to go ahead and post about our January trip! I have to get this wrapped up before our upcoming Fort trip in February!

Well it’s now January, and we hadn’t planned on going to Disney this month, our plan was to save up and go to the Fort in February, but then the first week of January rolled around and my Uncle wrote me telling me he’d be in Orlando the week of Jan. 16th, well it just so happens that CP’s birthday is January 16th so we decided we would make a quick trip to Disney to see my uncle who I hadn’t seen in around 10 years and we’d hit the parks for our Disney fix!

Our plan was to drive up Friday after work, have dinner at Downtown Disney then check-in at the All-star Movies. We were able to get a pretty good deal on a room and it would work out good for one night.

We drove straight to Downtown Disney and got there around 8pm. This is when I had dinner at the House of Blues again. I already posted on another thread about the new menu, but just to sum up, we had a few favorites on the old menu, and were disappointed to see the new one, we did like our burgers we tried, but we missed the downhome southern food that was on the old menu, plus it seemed pricier.

After dinner we hit Raglan Road for a drink. Since it was pretty dang cold out we had some nice hot drinks, Irish coffee, Bailey’s and Coffee, good stuff! Plus they had the singers there, plus the Irish dancers!

If you’ve never been for the late night music I highly suggest it, those guys are good and play some country music plus some Irish music!

Then around 11pm we decided to call it a night so we drove over to the All-star Music, we were given the Mighty Ducks Building.

Here’s our room:

DSC06593.jpg

DSC06594.jpg

DSC06595.jpg

It was pretty nice and seemed recently renovated, one note though the mini-fridge I heard about on FortFiends hadn’t been added yet.

The next morning we woke to the sound of kids running up and down in front of the rooms, I think some even started knocking on doors, but no big deal we awake anyway, we wanted to head to Hollywood Studios for Rope drop.

The night before while enjoying a nice warm drink we talked ourselves into staying an additional night, originally we planned on this being a quick one night trip, but you know how it goes, once we were there we didn’t want to leave. At check-in though the lady wouldn’t extend our stay and said we would have to call in the morning. So CP called at 7am, the lady said no problem just swing by to get new keys.

So CP goes to the front desk while I get the car, but then when she gets there they tell her no you don’t need new keys. Weird, but oh well, off to Hollywood Studios!

We got a really close parking space and walked real fast to the gate where we stood in line, we didn’t’ quite make rope drop but we did get a TSM fast pass and got in a very short line for TSM!

DSC06598.jpg

DSC06599.jpg

DSC06600.jpg

We then rode Rocking Rolling Coaster with hardly a wait!

Then we got back to Star Tours where there was no wait! Remember how I complained earlier about getting the same ride sequence? Well we got it again! What the heck, we only had two planets and they were exactly the same that was three or four trips in a row!

Up next we took a break at the writer’s stop for a coffee and pastry for breakfast it was pretty good, and we shared a table with a nice lady from Texas, she was real friendly and we had a nice little visit.

Then it was time to use our fast past TSM, here’s our latest scores:

DSC06601.jpg

After wearing out our arms we hopped in the car and headed to Animal Kingdom.

DSC06604.jpg

DSC06607.jpg

We tried to get fast passes for Expedition Everest but the return time was too late, we had lunch plans at Downtown Disney. So instead we got a fast pass for African Safari and headed to Festival of the Lion King, CP loves it and always wants to go.

Festival of the Lion King:

DSC06609.jpg

After watching Simba and friends we decided we would just head over to Downtown Disney to meet my uncle again. We decided on Wolfgang Puck Express in the Westside. Did you know there menu was different than the one in the Marketplace? I didn’t but I do know, the Marketplace has way more options. But we did split two pizzas that were pretty good.

After lunch we headed back to the hotel to rest up a little. The plan was to hit Magic Kingdom which would be open until 1am

WBI

Nice update!

I notice that you didn't mention who got which score on the Toy Story ride.

So the CP whipped your butt twice?

TCD

Thanks!

Nope you she only beat me on Buzz Light Year (it was really bad though) I beat her twice on Toy Story Mania, not that I was keeping track or anything. haha

WBI

Well here it is my last post to this three month trip report:

Back at the AS Movies we walked around a bit checking out everything.

We found this cool photo-opt in the 101 Dalmatians area.

DSC06612.jpg

DSC06613.jpg

DSC06615.jpg

DSC06616.jpg

DSC06618.jpg

The Mighty Duck pool by our room:

DSC06619.jpg

DSC06620.jpg

DSC06621.jpg

Then we took a nap! It was great, until some kids starting playing football outside our room, on the third floor. They finally moved outside, but every once in a while they would hit the decorations on the building making a really loud bang.

Anyway we went to catch a bus to MK, we got to the bus stop and there was no line, so we assumed the bus had just left. We stood there and watched at least 3 or 4 of every other bus come before a MK one showed up. Right as it pulled up a young couple got in line behind us and hopped right on. That’s when I realized how much luck plays into Disney Transportation. If you would of asked me I would have said the buses take forever at the Allstars, if you asked that couple they’d tell you the opposite, its all about timing I guess.

Anyway we got to MK and grabbed a fast pass for Space Mountain, then some dinner at Peco’s Bills! I had the pulled pork she had the taco salad, they were both good!

Then we stepped outside and saw some of the parade.

b]

DSC06625.jpg

DSC06627.jpg

Then we rode Pirates of the Caribbean, it was a walk on.

DSC06628.jpg

DSC06629.jpg

It looks like I slacked on pictures the rest of the night but then we rode the Jungle cruise, it was corny and fun as always.

We rode Haunted Mansion, but it was pretty crowded for some reason, not really a wait just crowded in the line transition areas.

Then we walked through fantasy land:

DSC06631.jpg

DSC06632.jpg

DSC06633.jpg

We watched the Magic Memories and You, from the wishing well area, that was pretty neat, it was closer to the castle and no one around us!

Then we rode Space Mountain. For some reason the Fast Pass line had a line! I guess people were not following the timelines on their FP?

Then we rode Carousel of Progress and Buzz Light Year:

Here’s CP’s score, she doesn’t know what she hit, but she got over 500,000, that’s huge for her, I don’t think she’s ever hit a 100k before.

DSC06638.jpg

Now I’m sad to say that’s my last picture. I’m not sure how that happened but I think we headed back to the room at this point; I think we made it to around midnight.

The next morning we were up early, we checked out and hit the road around 8am. The CP and her sister have birthdays a day apart so we had to be back in Naples for a 11am birthday brunch party.

And that’s all I have.

Our next trip is not too far away and it will be at the Fort!

We get there on Friday, Feb. 17th

We’ll be in a partial hook up somewhere so if you’re at the Fort stop by.

WBI

What a great trip report!

You and CP have had an amazing time over the past few months. Congrats to both of you again!

Looking forward to more fun. "See" ya in February!

We'll at WDW too over Prez day wknd (Sat thru Mon), only we're staying at Coronado Springs. It's just too long of a pull for 2 nights to stay at FW. :(

:bravo: I am impressed that you reported in depth on the whirlwind of awesome trips since your wedding! First, let me say again Congrats and wishing you many years of happiness! I think I have enjoyed this TR as much as almost any other TR on FF.net (Daves trip to get Anna is still my top!) I'm looking forward to hearing about your fort trip!