WBI’s Return to the Fort!

Picking back up on Saturday morning around 11am we head to Magic Kingdom.

DSC06769.jpg

As you can see it’s a little overcast, but still pretty nice out.

DSC06770.jpg

DSC06771.jpg

The shoe tree has lots of shoes still:

DSC06772.jpg

DSC06773.jpg

DSC06774.jpg

DSC06775.jpg

DSC06776.jpg

DSC06777.jpg

We had expected big crowds at Magic Kingdom and we were right. We decided to just take it easy and work our way down Main Street.

DSC06778.jpg

DSC06779.jpg

DSC06780.jpg

We made our way to Tomorrow land and were surprised to see the return time for fast passes for Space Mountain was only an hour away, so we happily picked some up.

Here’s a pic of the new Dumbo ride:

DSC06781.jpg

And the Beast’s castle:

DSC06782.jpg

Then we met some characters….ok not really but it looks pretty cool:

DSC06783.jpg

DSC06784.jpg

While in Fantasyland we watched Mickey’s Philharmagic, we’re big fans!

DSC06785.jpg

DSC06786.jpg

We then walked through Frontierland but it was packed so we headed to Spacemountain to use our fastpasses.

That darn camera surprised us once again:

DSC06788.jpg

Then we decided we had enough crowds so we headed for the boat.

You should have seen the massive crowd entering the park as we were leaving!

While boarding the boat attendant guy noticed our Mickey stickers a castmemeber had given us and said they were too generic you need special ones so he gave us these beauties!

DSC06790.jpg

I had never seen them before; I thought they were pretty cool!

On our boat rides we had noticed they have been clearing the islands in Bay Lake the ones near the Lodge and closer to MK. Does anyone know why?

DSC06791.jpg

I also got a picture of this construction area, and I remembered what it was:

DSC06792.jpg

You know how they are filling in some of the lake for the Grand Floridian expansion? Well they had to dig compensating lake somewhere else and this is where they did it, on the way to the Lodge.

Up next we get back to the Fort for some grilling, fishing, and canoeing and we get spiked!

WBI

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the character pics! Mickey's Philharmagic is awesome, my favorite of the 3D shows! The music is spectacular! I would never post a pic from Space Mountain nor a video with audio, I would end up being the first banned Fiend! :rofl3: Cool stickers!

While boarding the boat attendant guy noticed our Mickey stickers a castmemeber had given us and said they were too generic you need special ones so he gave us these beauties!

DSC06790.jpg

I had never seen them before; I thought they were pretty cool!

What!!! Why do those sleazy, most are ex-cons you know, watercraft guys have their own sticker?

Big deal, those boats move at 3mph and shut down when it's foggy or rainy and who, once again, bails them out too?

They transport guests from four of the smallest resorts to one park. Big whoop.

great report, I think FHf should get some of the stickers Dave mentioned for Lou to hand out. :rofl3:

At least now that the dock is nekid(er) there are less trees for me to get the bobber stuck in :rofl2: I kinda like it, it was getting kinda ratty looking around there.

Keep up the good tr with plenty of great pictures

Loving the updates WBI! Ya'll are too stinking adorable. :raspberry2:

Face it Lou. Boats are romantic. Monorails are magical and cool. Buses take people places, like school and work, which kinda sucks. In fact, that would make a great sticker for the bus drivers to hand out. "Disney Buses: We Kinda Suck".

:rofl2: :rofl3: That's funny right thar.

Face it Lou. Boats are romantic. Monorails are magical and cool. Buses take people places, like school and work, which kinda sucks. In fact, that would make a great sticker for the bus drivers to hand out. "Disney Buses: We Kinda Suck".

That's funny.I love it Dave. Jen you need to make that a sticker.

That is so funny. :rofl2:

Sorry Lou, but really, it is funny.

What!!! Why do those sleazy, most are ex-cons you know, watercraft guys have their own sticker?

Big deal, those boats move at 3mph and shut down when it's foggy or rainy and who, once again, bails them out too?

There, there Lou. You are still everyone's favorite Disney transportation guy. :heartsmiley:

I love the character pics! Mickey's Philharmagic is awesome, my favorite of the 3D shows! The music is spectacular! I would never post a pic from Space Mountain nor a video with audio, I would end up being the first banned Fiend! :rofl3: Cool stickers!

Thanks, we thought they were pretty funny too!

Best pictures of all! Love the "generic" character shots, the 3 D glasses and your Space mountain!! Ya'll look like you were having so much fun.

Thank you! We were having a blast!

haha Lou that's a good point!

What about the Epcot resorts or the Por Orleans resorts are those boat guys ok?

Awwww on the Philharmagic shot. That's my favorite show!

Same here!

:rofl2:

haha x2

That's funny right there!

That's not exactly what I was going for.

You should work on a design Lou.

great report, I think FHf should get some of the stickers Dave mentioned for Lou to hand out. :rofl3:

At least now that the dock is nekid(er) there are less trees for me to get the bobber stuck in :rofl2: I kinda like it, it was getting kinda ratty looking around there.

Keep up the good tr with plenty of great pictures

Thanks TnBob! I think your right the cleaned up area does look pretty good.

Loving the updates WBI! Ya'll are too stinking adorable. :raspberry2:

:rofl2: :rofl3: That's funny right thar.

Thanks! I'm about to post another!

That's funny.I love it Dave. Jen you need to make that a sticker.

thinking...no drinking....coffee, yeah, coffee :rofl2:

it was written you know :clint:

hmmm, got to think how that should look....

You made me spit my er.. uh... coffee! Yeah.. COFFEE!!! :rofl2:

That is so funny. :rofl2:

Sorry Lou, but really, it is funny.

Oh ya Annie, if you ever get on one of my buses, I'm going to pack so many people in there that it will make your head spin.

And the AC, super extra cold. And I'll drive so slow that it will make the Florida geezers in their Cadillacs look like speeders.

Lou is starting to sound like he is related to Walter from Jeff Dunham's act!!!!!!!!!! :naughtywave:

Are you implying Lou has someones forearm in his backside? :rofl3:

There, there Lou. You are still everyone's favorite Disney transportation guy. :heartsmiley:

That's some funny stuff!

I agree Lou don't worry your still our favorite transportation guy!

Love this TR!!! :popcorn:

I am so glad to hear from other tent campers! Thought we were the only ones. :jumpforjoy

Thank you!

Nope your not alone, we want a camper pretty bad but we just can't do it right now, plus for the most part we really like tent camping, except when it rains or is hot, lol.

WBI

Ok it was a busy day but I’m back so let’s get this report moving.

I left off on Saturday when we were headed back to the Fort.

We biked back to the site, taking these pictures along the way.

Can anyone guess what site this is?

DSC06794.jpg

We were hoping they would be out grilling but no luck.

DSC06795.jpg

Here’s another canal shot on the bridge from the 600 loop to the Campfire area. This part of the canal was closed to canoes because the water was so low.

DSC06796.jpg

And looking the other way:

DSC06797.jpg

Back at the site we grilled some burgers and were relaxing at the site when I got a visit from a Fiend!

Our own bus driver Lou! We had a nice visit with Lou and Gail!

I know Lou won’t like me saying this (good thing he doesn’t read TRs) but they were super nice and not snarky at all!!

It was nice to finally meet you and Gail in person Lou! Thanks for stopping by!

As they were leaving Lou officially spiked us! (But I lost that picture somewhere). So I now have my own piece of the Fort, thanks again Lou and thank you TCD!

Then we walked to the canal out back to do a little fishing, they weren’t biting but I did manage to catch this perch:

DSC06798.jpg

DSC06799.jpg

DSC06800.jpg

What to do now, how about go canoeing!

When we got to the barn there was a crowd but they still had a few canoes left so we got one and headed out. That’s when they told us about the canal being closed so no big loop today it had to be an out an back:

DSC06801.jpg

DSC06803.jpg

DSC06804.jpg

We saw this little gator on the way:

DSC06805.jpg

Then we saw this:

DSC06806.jpg

Can you tell what that is?

How about now?

DSC06807.jpg

Two girls flipped their canoe. That’s the first time I’ve seen that at the fort.

Their three friends in another canoe were trying to help but it wasn’t working out so well. They managed to get it to the shoreline so I hopped out and helped them pull it up and flip it over to dump out the water. You could tell they hadn’t been in the outdoors too much.

We got this one last picture before turning around:

DSC06808.jpg

When we got to the canal turn near the 1500 loop we saw the two moms of the canoe kids, they were worried and wondering where their kids were. I told them not to worry they flipped their canoe. Lol that didn’t help their worries. So I explained they were fine and still paddling around.

Back at the barn the castmembers were real helpful and funny, they thanked us for being so nice and helpful with the equipment, then made some jokes about the other people renting canoes, I got a kick out of it.

After that we headed to the Meadow Trading post for some souvenirs.

We took this picture out backing using my camera timer:

DSC06809.jpg

Then it was time to get cleaned up for dinner. Tonight we were going to Trails End for the buffet; we really like the food there.

We took these while waiting on the bus:

DSC06810.jpg

DSC06811.jpg

Then after we checked in we grabbed some rocking chairs:

DSC06812.jpg

While waiting on our server we realized that all the bar menus have the same compass logo (I Think) we also take a picture of the menus and I think they are all the same I’ll have to check that out.

DSC06813.jpg

We stuffed ourselves pretty good and were very satisfied with dinner and desert!

We then rolled ourselves to the TCD Barn:

DSC06814.jpg

Some goofball kept hitting the music button, but I’m not going to name names:

DSC06816.jpg

Then I showed CP the old Windmill tower:

DSC06817.jpg

DSC06818.jpg

And we walked towards the campfire area to work off some of our meal.

DSC06820.jpg

DSC06821.jpg

DSC06825.jpg

DSC06826.jpg

The movie hadn’t started yet so we went to the campsite to put on some stretchy pants and fix a cocktail.

Here’s my lamp post:

DSC06827.jpg

Oh too many pictures I’m going to split this post up.

Continuing on:

We got back in time to watch part of Toy Story 2 before heading to the beach to once again watch EWP and the fireworks:

DSC06836.jpg

DSC06837.jpg

DSC06838.jpg

DSC06840.jpg

DSC06844.jpg

DSC06845.jpg

DSC06846.jpg

After wishes we headed back to the campsite and had a few beverages before calling it a night.

In my next post I’m up before the sun for some early exploring.

WBI