It's Called Leap Day-Not Sleep Day-OMDD with the TCD Gang!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You were right until 1996. The MK originally had two riverboats: The Admiral Joe Fowler and the Richard F Irvine. The AJF was accidentally destroyed during a refurbishment, and the RFI was renamed

We fiends need a checklist- 1. ride the barrels 2. find a spike 3. get a sunset pic over .. well anything. 4. kick someone off TNBob's dock 5. gaze upon the wonder of Cindy's Castle from the beach 6.

Good idea. I am glad that I asked the lady. I thought beard might have been slang for something that I didn't want to know about. Why stop at 10? 11. Eat a GAG. 12. Give Lou a hug. 13. Shimmy up a

:yay: I really enjoyed this TR!!! Kudos to you for hanging in there with the girls for that trip! Awesome! Flippin' Awesome! ;D

The castle photos were beautiful. You should put some of those on the Castle photo thread.

Did TCD invoke the MPR? Way to go! :rofl2:

I'm sure it won't be long before another report is underway...... so i will wait patiently.

Really? Good for her!! I know we talked cameras at the parade and she seemed really into the photography thing. That was also when she ratted you out for using her pics. :)

You and the Mrs. did a great job with those two. :heart:

Yep. Twin #1 did rat me out. She doesn't like it when I steal her pics. But, they are too good not to share.

Yes, we have been blessed with those two. Our oldest is no slouch either.

Well, you have finished this report. Doesn't that mean it is time for another trip? maybe for St. Paddy's Day

Seriously, thank you for bringing us along. It has been a great Leap Day!

Yes, time for another trip.

As a matter of fact, there has already been one- a sneak peek at the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. Stay tuned.

Thank you for another great trip report.

You are welcome, and thanks for reading, and especially for commenting. I appreciate hearing when folks enjoy something I posted.

Thanks! Great Report!!!! :jumpforjoy

So if you steal pics, does that mean the other DD writes the reports? :clint:

Not yet. But, there has been talk of letting them write a trip report some time.

I think it's a good idea. But, we need to wait for the right trip.

Wonderful trip report, looks like you had a great day. As always really enjoyed the trip report and quanities of pictures!!!!!!!!

Thanks. Quantity is what I go for.

Another great trip report. Thank you for sharing

You are welcome, and thanks for reading. Now go get caught up on your brother's report.

Great report, Andrew! But boy am I tired now. :rofl2:

LOL! Yes, this was not a relaxing trip by any means.

I had so much fun going to MK for Leap Day. Thank you for bringing me with your family.

Now if you could just send me the dole whip, I could call it a successful trip. ;)

Sorry, I didn't know you wanted me to send a Dole Whip. I'll keep that in mind for the next time. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm not sure how well a Dole Whip would travel.

Even if you rode the Astro, you didn't ride BTM. $ years will be here before you know it. Great TR!

$ years?

What the Fort does that mean?

Never mind- I just looked at my keyboard.

I get it.

Although I prefer Roman numerals.

So, let's correct that to say IIII years will be here before you know it.

Wonderful trip! I wish I could have been there. Too bad I already used my personal days for our Dream trip---I think I got the better end of the deal though ;)

Yes, you got the better deal by far.

We had a great trip, but as I plan on saying in my final thoughts, when you get right down to it, aside from being in the park when it is normally not open to the public, we didn't do anything that we could not do on a regular day.

TCD

Woo hoo

Finally.

It's about time you chimed in.

Great trip report! Sounds like you and the girls had a blast!!!

Thanks. And yes, it was a blast. I am sure it's something we will always remember.

:yay: I really enjoyed this TR!!! Kudos to you for hanging in there with the girls for that trip! Awesome! Flippin' Awesome! ;D

The castle photos were beautiful. You should put some of those on the Castle photo thread.

Did TCD invoke the MPR? Way to go! :rofl2:

I'm sure it won't be long before another report is underway...... so i will wait patiently.

Yes, I invoked the MPR, but I truthfully didn't even know such a rule existed until you brought it up in your most recent trip report. It has been a long, long, time since I watched Mary Poppins. I didn't know she had a rule.

Hopefully, you are right- the next report will not be long coming.

Wow, what an adventure! Props to you, sir.

This is one of my favorite TCD TR's. It's not everyday that you can read about such things.

Thanks, I am glad that you liked it. I guess we lived a part of WDW history.

TCD

TCD,

What a FUN leap day!!! You guys did great to stay until the end. I am not sure if I would have made it.

Earlier in this trip report, I made a comment that I thought you were a great Dad (and Mrs. TCD a great Mom) to let the girls miss school to do this. Well, today I am sitting at Mount Sunapee, here in NH, while my youngest misses school to spend a day skiing. (my oldest is on Spring Break from college.) I have always figured, even before my cancer diagnosis, that life is short, and you need to grab fun moments when you can, even if that means missing some school for fun evey year!!

I am excited to read that there will be another trip report coming soon about a visit to the Flower and Garden Festival.......Yippee!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Heidi

Sorry late to add comments. Another great TR. In another thread, Rick (Carol's DH) was dubbed "The Man". There is no doubt that you are "The Dad". Bravo!

Thanks, Scot. But, I know a lot of Fiends who are great dads. And you're one of them!

TCD,

What a FUN leap day!!! You guys did great to stay until the end. I am not sure if I would have made it.

Earlier in this trip report, I made a comment that I thought you were a great Dad (and Mrs. TCD a great Mom) to let the girls miss school to do this. Well, today I am sitting at Mount Sunapee, here in NH, while my youngest misses school to spend a day skiing. (my oldest is on Spring Break from college.) I have always figured, even before my cancer diagnosis, that life is short, and you need to grab fun moments when you can, even if that means missing some school for fun evey year!!

I am excited to read that there will be another trip report coming soon about a visit to the Flower and Garden Festival.......Yippee!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Heidi

Wow, as warm as it has been around here lately, it's hard for me to imagine that there are still places where people are skiing.

I'm glad that you are having a good time with your family.

Since the twins are now approaching the end of their junior year in school, Mrs. TCD and I are very aware of the limited time we have left to have fun times as a family. We know from our oldest daughter that once they head off to college things sure do change.

My visit to the Flower and Garden festival was just a really quick preview visit. But I do have some photos which I will share as soon as I post my final thoughts about this Leap Day trip.

TCD

My visit to the Flower and Garden festival was just a really quick preview visit. But I do have some photos which I will share as soon as I post my final thoughts about this Leap Day trip.

TCD

So spit those final thoughts out already We are waiting patiently for you Leap Day thoughts and the next TR. :)

Wow, as warm as it has been around here lately, it's hard for me to imagine that there are still places where people are skiing.

I'm glad that you are having a good time with your family.

Since the twins are now approaching the end of their junior year in school, Mrs. TCD and I are very aware of the limited time we have left to have fun times as a family. We know from our oldest daughter that once they head off to college things sure do change.

TCD

We have had a REALLY warm winter up here too. Its been in the 60's all week, although today, I think we will only hit 50. Still, very, very warm for NH in March. However, because of the lack of natural snowfall and the warmth, I dont think my boys will be skiing into April like they normally do.

Ready for those final thoughts and the new trip report too!!

Heidi

OK

Time for final thoughts.

This was a good trip. If I had a chance to do it all over again, I would not have done anything different.

It was great to have the room at the Contemporary.

The weather was great.

And, it was fun to be in the Magic Kingdom during times that we never had been before.

But, in all honesty, except for getting in super early and staying super late, we didn't do anything that we had not done before. We have entered the MK as early as 7 am for EMH, and once, for a parade taping, earlier than that. We have stayed as late as 3:30 am or so on EMH nights. So, it was fun, but not a life changing experience or anything.

That said, if this is ever offered again, I am not sure if we would go to the trouble of going. We already have been there, done that, and we have the t-shirts to prove it.

So, it was fun, but if you couldn't go, don't feel bad about missing it.

I guess that's all I have to say about that.

TCD

Another great report, even if you did stay at the Contemporary. -_- Not that I have anything against the Contemporary, I just think you belong at the Fort.

I think it's great for those that experienced the all nighter. Even if it wasn't that much out of the norm, you can say you did it.

Now get back to the Fort and come back with a real TCD report....please? :blush: :heart: