• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hay, what's going on here? Kim tried and failed at trying to make this a non-TR just to entice me into reading it, but I wasn't fooled for a minute and so I didn't read it. Field of Dreams, if you bu

Ya, cut it out Dave. But, there are quite a few real super heroes on here and most of us know who they are.

Puttin' a little gravel in our travel.... Just in case you were wondering if driving across the hayfield is allowed. Here is Hayseed H in front of his Hay field Palace. Bella Vista.... :rofl2:

I am! Her restaurant is no better than our local cafeteria.

I want to come eat at your local cafeteria! :jumpforjoy

I think she is a good southern cook, or her resteraunts have good southern cooks, whichever.. :rofl2:

But being raised in the south, I am use to that style of cooking. And my 89 year old Grandmother still cooks like that. She may not use the same spices that Paula does, but the same style.

So being frugal, cheap, etc; I choose to eat with Grandmom instead of paying Paula Dean prices and having to wait in those lines.

If you like southern food, go for it, but if you are in Savannah, there are MANY great places to eat. And Drink.

I have never eaten at Paula's restaurant, and I don't really have any feelings about Paula.

I do love good southern cooking, and I like hay! (or at least rolling in it ;) )

KFK, if I see you and H standing in a hayfield on Friday, I will wave as I go by!! :wave1:

I have never eaten at Paula's restaurant, and I don't really have any feelings about Paula.

I do love good southern cooking, and I like hay! (or at least rolling in it ;) )

KFK, if I see you and H standing in a hayfield on Friday, I will wave as I go by!! :wave1:

small hijack but -

Stef i saw your man Jimmie on the UK version of Top Gear last night.

I tried to find you some video on youtube but was unsuccessful.

All I can tell you is that Richard Hammond of UK top gear came to checkout NASCAR and talked to Jimmie about the safety features of his car.... happy huntin!

small hijack but -

All I can tell you is that Richard Hammond of UK top gear came to checkout NASCAR and talked to Jimmie about the safety features of his car.... happy huntin!

:what2: I haven't seen that one.

As far as I'm concerned, the UK version is the ONLY version of Top Gear!! I loved those guys, and the new one pales in comparison.

Thanks for the heads up, I will check out the DVR guide and see if I can find it.

I think she is a good southern cook, or her resteraunts have good southern cooks, whichever.. :rofl2:

But being raised in the south, I am use to that style of cooking. And my 89 year old Grandmother still cooks like that. She may not use the same spices that Paula does, but the same style.

So being frugal, cheap, etc; I choose to eat with Grandmom instead of paying Paula Dean prices and having to wait in those lines.

If you like southern food, go for it, but if you are in Savannah, there are MANY great places to eat. And Drink.

Please post your Grandmom's address.

Thanks.

TCD

do like mini-ish skorts? or knee height skorts...

mini-ish. emphasis on the "ish". ;D I guess that is halfway between mini and knee high.

I like the look of a casual skirt but with Wrestlemania with Gabe subject to break out at anytime....it helps with the modesty factor. ::)

I am! Her restaurant is no better than our local cafeteria.

I think she is a good southern cook, or her resteraunts have good southern cooks, whichever..

I love good old fashioned southern cookin' too. We hate long lines (the kids would have the restaurant in a heap of ruins around our feet) and are cheap also. Meet you at grandmas... what time shall I be there? ;D

I suppose this puts me in the Genia camp huh?

If you see H standing out in the hayfield it's probably because he's on the cell as it's the only way he can get a signal. Make sure to honk the horn and yell so I can hear you too! ;D

small hijack but -

Hijacks are fine with me. It means you're HERE. :)

Please post your Grandmom's address.

Thanks.

TCD

A fiend meet, greet, and eat in the works? Count me in! :banana:

Genia! I'll set the table AND do the dishes! :)

:what2: I haven't seen that one.

As far as I'm concerned, the UK version is the ONLY version of Top Gear!! I loved those guys, and the new one pales in comparison.

Thanks for the heads up, I will check out the DVR guide and see if I can find it.

Although I will admit the US Top Gear isn't as good and often imitates the uk stunts too much....my dd and I do love to visit Tannerland every so often. And Rutledge is known in NASCAR... Right?

I would not have thought I could like you anymore but now I do!!! It is nice to meet another TG gal!!!

Hay ya'll! Take a look at these!!!

More photos live from the hayfield!

Since it is Spring Break/Master's Week for us and H has to work... the decision was made that we would come down to visit him.

Here are some of the views on our way in...

100_0655.jpg

This caution sign appears to be warning us of a bucking bronco. However... no bucking broncos were spotted. Boo!

100_0656.jpg

The "office" :)

100_0657.jpg

Notice the drop box. I prefer to pay using PayPal. It seems safer to me somehow. ::)

100_0658.jpg

100_0659.jpg

Here's the stage that puts the "music" in Stagger Lee Music Park.

100_0660.jpg

A shot of what I like to call... Hayfield Avenue. Just at the end of Hayfield Avenue... where the road meets the hayfield ...is where H spotted the rattlesnake. :bugeyes:

100_0661.jpg

We have arrived! Look who is here to greet us! It's Hayseed H!

100_0662.jpg

100_0672.jpg

H says deer like to come out from around that section of woods there. No luck last night but perhaps tonight.

100_0671.jpg

We even have laundry facilities here. They're almost as good as at the Fort. Ok.. that's a stretch. A very big stretch.

100_0677.jpg

100_0678.jpg

In the spirit of TCD's Sunrise over.... photos, here are a few of what I'll call Sunset over... photos. Since the only thing here is a hayfield, I suppose I will call them Sunset over a hayfield.

100_0666.jpg

100_0667.jpg

100_0669.jpg

100_0670.jpg

Now for a new series of photos.. Moon over....

Guess what the first one is called?

Moon over the woods. (haha gotcha. You thought I was going to say hayfield didn't you?)

100_0681.jpg

100_0682.jpg

100_0682.jpg

This is what it's like to "bee" in a hayfield.

100_0684.jpg

100_0685.jpg

Lil H chillin'

100_0688.jpg

Gabe just being Gabe

100_0690.jpg

Lil H found this in the bed when he woke up this morning..

100_0696.jpg

that one was blurry.. let's try again..

100_0692.jpg

Gabe lost a tooth!!! He'd been fussin' with this tooth for a few days now. Glad it finally came out. :)

I guess that's enough excitement for now. H will be home in a couple of hours and we may fly kites in the field. I hope there's enough space! :rofl2:

That is some camping facility KFK! :))

It looks like there hasn't been much action on that stage, or maybe you oughta check under that stage. The last gig that played there may be trapped.

A washer & dryer too?!? You must be paying for a premium site.

Just teasing with you, if Trevor were in a hayfield that's where I would be too.

Hope you get to fly your kite!

You have everything you need!! When's the Hoedown in the Hay Field! Will tickets be available?

Oh and by the way if something is too nasty for my washer I know where to take it. It would be worth the drive just to use their stellar services . :rofl2:

Great job to Little H for finding Gabes tooth, doe he get a finders fee?

Have a great time with your family, but HAY be careful out there. :heartsmiley:

WTG on Gabe losin the tooth!!! Does the tooth fairy know where the hayfield is??!! :rofl2:

I don't know... Hopefully Mr. Fairy gave her a Garmin for Christmas. :rofl2:

Oh.. the tooth Drama we mother's face!

I just hope the tooth fairy can carry enough money all the way out to the hayfield!

LOL! The tooth fairy won't need that much money. The H and KFK household are cheap. In fact, lil H still has T.F. IOU's :rofl2:

That is some camping facility KFK!

It looks like there hasn't been much action on that stage, or maybe you oughta check under that stage. The last gig that played there may be trapped.

A washer & dryer too?!? You must be paying for a premium site.

Just teasing with you, if Trevor were in a hayfield that's where I would be too.

Hope you get to fly your kite!

Should I organize a rescue mission? I'd hate to think there might be a country singer trapped under there! Then again, after the rattlesnake sighting, the country singer will have to fend for him/her self. KFK will not be sticking her hand under there! Nope not gonna do it!. ;D

Premium site indeed! Full hookups AND washer/dryer right next to us.... as long as the laundry isn't too nasty. :rofl2:

It is pretty funny stuff and I would only take it as joking. We make plenty of jokes about it ourselves. Ain't it funny where life can take you sometimes. You're going along minding your own business just going about your daily living and BAM!!! You're in a hayfield in South GA. just. like. that. It's really not that bad but certainly not anything we ever saw coming. LOL.

Kites were flown but we'll get to that in the next update. :)

KFK-

It looks like the hayfield is getting green!

That is a pretty nice hayfield.

I love the sunset over and moon over photos- good job!

Have a great time!

TCD

True, as far as hayfields go, this is a pretty good one. They keep it cut short. H has never seen anyone mowing but someone does it. Must be a hay fairy.

Thanks about the photos. I'm sure you can tell where the inspiration came from. :D

You have everything you need!! When's the Hoedown in the Hay Field! Will tickets be available?

Oh and by the way if something is too nasty for my washer I know where to take it. It would be worth the drive just to use their stellar services . :rofl2:

Great job to Little H for finding Gabes tooth, doe he get a finders fee?

Have a great time with your family, but HAY be careful out there.

I don't know when the next hoedown will be taking place. But if you read the sign on the side of the office It clearly says.. "Tickets".

Yes, they've made it clear where you can take something if it's too nasty. To town. It says so right there on the sign. Of course if I have anything that nasty it's going in the garbage dump. :))

Finders fee? Can you hear me laughing all the way in Michigan? :rofl2:

More coming soon: Kite flying, cool treats, and a possible visit to Vidalia tomorrow. Yeap Vidalia... as in sweet onions.