still on the train...

348.jpg

349.jpg

I won't post too many photos of the wild life from the train as we took more on the walking tour...

356.jpg

358.jpg

360.jpg

360.jpg

362.jpg

371.jpg

370.jpg

379.jpg

380.jpg

My three fellas. :heart:

386.jpg

Lil H loves a map. Seriously. LOVES them.

387.jpg

I can't remember what this critter is but he's certainly interesting.

390.jpg

393.jpg

392.jpg

When Gabe saw this he started yelling and pointing...

SNAKE! SNAKE! SNAKE!!! LOL

395.jpg

396.jpg

400.jpg

Lil H nearly had a fit when he spotted the leopard.

401.jpg

One thing I love about this zoo is how they incorporated the gardens into the zoo instead of having them separate. Our nearest zoo is very nice but the gardens are in a separate section from the zoo.

404.jpg

407.jpg

408.jpg

Loved these life sized elephant sculptures!

409.jpg

Taking a little breather in the shade.

410.jpg

413.jpg

Gotta be close to the limit again... BRB... again. Coming up.... The Range of the Jaguar!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hay, what's going on here? Kim tried and failed at trying to make this a non-TR just to entice me into reading it, but I wasn't fooled for a minute and so I didn't read it. Field of Dreams, if you bu

Ya, cut it out Dave. But, there are quite a few real super heroes on here and most of us know who they are.

Puttin' a little gravel in our travel.... Just in case you were wondering if driving across the hayfield is allowed. Here is Hayseed H in front of his Hay field Palace. Bella Vista.... :rofl2:

Gotta be close to the limit again... BRB... again. Coming up.... The Range of the Jaguar!

Due to the happenings in the KFK household at the moment .... I'll have to BRB tomorrow. ;D

Yay for Gabe!! I love stingrays! I love zoo's. I really love little boys enjoying the zoo!! :heartsmiley:

Thanks Cherie.. I love zoos AND little boys enoying them too! :))

That mystery critter with the zebra butt is an Okapi.

It is more closely related to a giraffe than it is to a zebra (at least that's what they always say on the AK safari).

It's an Okapi. Looks like it's related to the Zebra, but it's really more related to the Giraffe ...

Hmmm.

Looks like we got ourselves an echo or something in this here trip report.

TCD

Those are awesome pictures, and looks like an awesome time!!!

(Also, it looks like H is losing a bit of weight from having to cook for himself) :rofl2:

Thanks Carol! It's a great zoo... we definitely recommend it to anyone passing through Jax!

I think you may be right! (however, it's probably from not cooking at all) LOL!

I'm with Little H. I could stare at maps all day. Sometimes I do.

Well... I'll make sure to save a couple SM park maps for ya'll and you two can have a fun filled day of map staring! ;D

Love the Hay Y'all TR! Love the pics, love the folks, love everything about this! :heart: KFK and fam!

I love you too Rita Pooh! :heart:

i love maps too. Particularly when it's trip planning time!

Looks like everyone is pro-maps so far!

Let's see . . .

Love Joe Cool's Lil' H's shades!

Way to Go, Gabe!

I didn't know there was a zoo in Jacksonville.

That mystery critter with the zebra butt is an Okapi.

It is more closely related to a giraffe than it is to a zebra (at least that's what they always say on the AK safari).

Great update.

That's all I have for now.

TCD

Thanks TCD!

Wow !! I never expected actual factual information to be shared here! Now I know what the mystery critter is... and i must say that I am very relieved. It was keeping me up at night! Being related to a giraffe makes sense..as his head looks like a giraffe head.

It's an Okapi. Looks like it's related to the Zebra, but it's really more related to the Giraffe ...

I'll just consider this a reinforcement that the critter is indeed a Okapi and is related to the giraffe.

Hmmm.

Looks like we got ourselves an echo or something in this here trip report.

TCD

trip report... trip report... trip report..... (my version of an echo)

I blame it on Dave (and maybe the meds I took for my headache had a little something to do with it).

Dave is our go to guy for blame. ( hope your headache is gone by now)

Yep, it's definitely Dave's fault.

Not a problem.

At least KFK knows that critter is an Okapi now.

TCD

p.s. I hope your headache goes away.

yes it is.

yes I do.

me too.

Loving the non trip trip report!

Thanks lil one! xoxoxox

Kim,

Its been fun reading of your adventures! Although I have to say it makes me a little sad too..........I have two boys too, and reading this brings back fun memories of when they were younger! My guys are 16 and almost 19 and are still young at heart, but I miss the moments when they were your boys ages!

My almost 19 year old could also spend hours reading brochures/maps!!!! When we would travel, he would come out of the rest area with a stack! What fun!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Heidi

• 3 weeks later...

I love the picture of the boys sleeping! They are so cute! Love that Gabe got to pet the stingray...I wish Iil H had gotten to too.

Keep it coming, Kim! I am loving your trip report!

Thanks Holly! I was very surprised that Gabe touched the stingray. Goes to show... you just never know. :)

I'll have you know that I had NOTHING to do with the okapi echo.

Okapi echo.....

Hey, we've got double posts, or what we usually call a Kimmy. And now we have an Okapi Echo, which is what happens when two people post the same thing in consecutive threads. :rofl3:

I think you ARE responsible for the Okapi echo. You can't fool me for a minute.

Kim,

Its been fun reading of your adventures! Although I have to say it makes me a little sad too..........I have two boys too, and reading this brings back fun memories of when they were younger! My guys are 16 and almost 19 and are still young at heart, but I miss the moments when they were your boys ages!

My almost 19 year old could also spend hours reading brochures/maps!!!! When we would travel, he would come out of the rest area with a stack! What fun!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Heidi

Thank you Heidi! Glad you joined in. (even if it did take me a month to get another update going here. lol)

So you have a map lover too? Cool! My kiddo thinks they are the greatest thing ever. He even loves the one at the beginning of Bonanza. ;D

I'm just over the river on the other side of the bridge!....lol

KIMATZOO.jpg

Loving the HAY RIDE!!!

You were THAT close?! Shoot, if I'd know that I could have just swam over for a visit! :(

Darn it TJ, I spent 5 minutes looking for a hidden Joker in that picture. :rofl2:

:facepalm:

I was trying to see the house. :rofl2:

:facepalm: x2

564893_360407197358692_268330443233035_974901_1596436692_n.jpg

:rofl2:

Ok.... I'm going to try to get another update finished in just a few minutes. I really need to finish this hay ride before SM!