Love the update and looking forward to the new "digs!"

Cell phones were something out of Sci Fi when I was dating! Grandma always made sure we had a dime for the pay phone in case we needed to call home! Yes, I am older than white dog poop!

For me it was a quarter. My grandma called it "mad money". In case I got mad on a date and needed to call home. ;D

I can't believe H is leaving the hay field. I've gotten so used to the place. I'll miss it.

Not to worry Dave. He'll still be in a field. A newly discovered field and it's down a dirt road, off a paved road, off the main road. Believe me.. you'll feel right at home. :rofl2:

Oh yeah... i think he said he'll have to drive past ponds to get to it too. And there's a river nearby. More adventure!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hay, what's going on here? Kim tried and failed at trying to make this a non-TR just to entice me into reading it, but I wasn't fooled for a minute and so I didn't read it. Field of Dreams, if you bu

Ya, cut it out Dave. But, there are quite a few real super heroes on here and most of us know who they are.

Puttin' a little gravel in our travel.... Just in case you were wondering if driving across the hayfield is allowed. Here is Hayseed H in front of his Hay field Palace. Bella Vista.... :rofl2:

Kim, love the update. BTW, That black squirrel is actually an Alligator Black Fox Squirrel.

Wait, there’s more, that turkey is actually a Southeastern Georgia Alligator Turkey, they are very rare. :rofl3:

I can't believe H is leaving the hay field. I've gotten so used to the place. I'll miss it.

That's just what I was thinking.

Not to worry Dave. He'll still be in a field. A newly discovered field and it's down a dirt road, off a paved road, off the main road. Believe me.. you'll feel right at home. :rofl2:

Oh yeah... i think he said he'll have to drive past ponds to get to it too. And there's a river nearby. More adventure!

That sounds good!

Not gonna get in on the squirrel debate. I don't like them, no matter what color.

Fox squirrels come in a range of colors, but most have the mask (nose and ear tips) - like yours and KFK's

00small60112685.JPG155975d1275150695-shermans-fox-squirrel-sfs1.jpg

I didn't notice the mask on KFK's, but I did see it when I looked back.

I guess that is a black fox squirrel. I've never heard of or seen one before.

I think fox squirrels are and endangered or at least a protected species in my neck of the woods.

TCD

Mercy! First the Paula Deen Debate and now this!

I knew I couldn't go wrong calling that a black squirrel.

After all even a Chocolate Lab is still... a brown dog. ;D

All this squirrel talk has me totally distracted!

Me too!!

my brother once got scratched by a gliding squirrel... haven't trusted the suckers since.

We call those flying squirrels but I don't want to start another debate. :lmao1:

I do have a funny squirrel story involving my bro... perhaps I'll share it sometime.

After all even a Chocolate Lab is still... a brown dog. ;D

I forgot to ask, is this what happened to that black squirrel? :

102_2100.jpg

TCD

That looks like brown meat, so does that make it ......... :panic:

Never mind, you said you weren't going to say a word....... :gaah:

That looks like brown meat, so does that make it ......... :panic:

Never mind, you said you weren't going to say a word....... :gaah:

:lmao1:

I see black squirrels in Northwest Lower Michigan all the time. They do in fact exist but I believe the black squirrel native to Michigan is actually a black "phase" grey squirrel.

My brother in law says they are quite tasty too!

We don't have black squirrels around here. The grey ones are all we've got with the occasional white one running around.

This not a trip report has gotten kinda SQUIRRELLY!

You are just controversial.

cough it up... we wanna hear it.

Ok.. if you insist.

WARNING TO ANIMAL ACTIVISTS... YOU WON'T LIKE THIS.

My bro (who is very squeamish etc...) was in the backyard shooting a BB gun. Mind you, he is not a great shot. However, he hit a squirrel. The squirrel fell from the tree, lifeless onto the ground. When my bro went over to look at it up close... the squirrel miraculously "sprung back to life"... nearly scaring the daylights out of my poor bro!

You might need to know my bro to appreciate the full humor of this but I nearly split my sides just thinking about it. :lmao1:

Only my brother could shoot a squirrel and only knock him unconscious! :facepalm: