Ok.... here we go!! Or rather here we still are. At the zoo.

416.jpg

One of the main reasons lil H wanted to come to Jax Zoo.

They have a Jaguar!

421.jpg

427.jpg

433.jpg

And what self respecting Indiana Jones fan wouldn't really enjoy a Lost Temple?

439.jpg

Not only do they have a Jaguar... they also have a Black Panther!

441.jpg

I don't know what the heck this critter is but he sure deserved his moment in the not a trip report.

462.jpg

The endangered species carousel.

495.jpg

491.jpg

486.jpg

489.jpg

501.jpg

After we ate a burger lil H decided to pose for a photo with the statues.

511.jpg

452.jpg

Gabe loves the aquatic animals. :)

BRB... having technical difficulties.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hay, what's going on here? Kim tried and failed at trying to make this a non-TR just to entice me into reading it, but I wasn't fooled for a minute and so I didn't read it. Field of Dreams, if you bu

Ya, cut it out Dave. But, there are quite a few real super heroes on here and most of us know who they are.

Puttin' a little gravel in our travel.... Just in case you were wondering if driving across the hayfield is allowed. Here is Hayseed H in front of his Hay field Palace. Bella Vista.... :rofl2:

One thing lil H likes more than having his photo standing on giant rocks is....

having his photo taken with animal statues at a zoo.

525.jpg

The Chinese section.

531.jpg

535.jpg

One of the little hidden play areas in the "forest"

542.jpg

545.jpg

551.jpg

I could NOT believe that Gabe went throught this rope tunnel. You have no idea how much fear and sensory issues he had to over come to do this. :)

558.jpg

560-1.jpg

561-1.jpg

563-1.jpg

I know there are more zoo photos but this was close to the end of the day and that's enough photos anyway. :)

Today was Saturday... which means that the next day was Easter Sunday.

Lil H was very concerned that the Easter Bunny wouldn't find them in the hay field but I assured him that I'd seen a few bunnies and they were probably his relatives so he shouldn't have a problem finding us.

Yep! He found us!

564-1.jpg

Now we're on our way to Church. Just because we're in a hay field doesn't mean we can ignore the Lord on Easter.

569-1.jpg

570-1.jpg

573-1.jpg

As we were leaving I snapped a pic of the church we visited. Very nice people there. They were very welcoming and kind.

578-1.jpg

Nothing says Easter Dinner like a good old fashioned southern Chinese Buffet. If it were Christmas I'd sing Fa ra ra ra ra... :rofl2:

585-1.jpg

Yep. That's a mudbug on my plate.

588-1.jpg

592-1.jpg

596-1.jpg

Almost back to the hayfield. Look! You can advertise! Of course only people in the hayfield will see it.

615-1.jpg

617-1.jpg

618-1.jpg

622-1.jpg

624.jpg

625.jpg

I"m not sure why but lil H made us pose together with this bowl full of plastic eggs.

630.jpg

coming up next...

The Easter Egg Hunt, more kite flying, Paula Dean cake and the trip home.

Those jaguars are a bit creepy...

I am glad to see they made it off the endangered species carousel safely.

Look at Lil H.... riding the geese/swans/ducks.....

creepy? I think snakes are creepy. Panthers are just plain scary.

Very cool!!!

Thanks Carol.

You didn't try voting around that Black Panther, did you?

He tried to intimidate me but KFK don't scare that easy. I voted twice.

Yay!! More hay! Love the big cats.

I love the big cats too.

AWESOME update Kim!!

First off...YAY for Gabe! That rope tunnel would present sensory issues to a typical child. He did great! You should be real happy about that!

Secondly, good for you putting that cockroach crawfish on your plate! Personally I love the things, but they certainly can be a turnoff to a lot of people.

Third comment....could that Coke glass BE any BIGGER?? :rofl2: Why do Chinese buffets feel the need to serve their beverages in 55 gallon drums?

And lastly, the boys look very handsome in their ties. Where was Big H's tie??

The Easter Egg Hunt.

I have to admit.... there is not a better place to hunt easter eggs than in a hay field.

633.jpg

635.jpg

636.jpg

637.jpg

This may be my fave of Gabe. The egg is right beside him but he's distracted by the dandelions. :rofl2: :heart:

640.jpg

Yay for H! He found the golden egg!

641.jpg

Taking a little break with the boys and goofing around with the camera.

663.jpg

And Olivia thinks HER hair is a beast! Mercy! :rofl2:

670.jpg

I know that there was a huge debate over Paula Dean. I am pro-Paula Dean. And this next photo is just one of the many reasons why.

672.jpg

673.jpg

More Kite Flying.

687.jpg

684.jpg

I had a couple of photos of Gabe out flying kites with me but he wasn't decent so I can't share those. ;D

Our time with Hayseed H had to come to an end. It was getting late afternoon and we needed to head for home so the boys could be rested for school on Monday.

Time to travel back up the paved road that leads to the main road.

692.jpg

I don't know what this is but it's one of the sights along the way.

693.jpg

Irrigation system for the berry fields.

696.jpg

698.jpg

701.jpg

Gabe has gotten very proficient at escaping his seatbelt so I occasionally have to pull over to put it back on him.

This was one of those times.

This little guy was doing all he could to hitch a ride home with us and honestly if I'd been sure he was healthy and had a safe way to take him with us...

We would have had a little addition to the fam.

724.jpg

If TCD can include cranes in his FW TRs then I can include them in my not a TR.

727.jpg

728.jpg

The sun was now setting on our wonderful weekend at the hayfield....

730.jpg

732.jpg

But luckily there was still enough light to capture this...

733.jpg

Gotta love the south.

734.jpg

Well that's all I got for now but I know that H has a few photos of hayfield wildlife. Maybe he'll share his photo of the alligator turtle he spotted. Or maybe the turkeys and deer. Until then.....

AWESOME update Kim!!

First off...YAY for Gabe! That rope tunnel would present sensory issues to a typical child. He did great! You should be real happy about that!

Secondly, good for you putting that cockroach crawfish on your plate! Personally I love the things, but they certainly can be a turnoff to a lot of people.

Third comment....could that Coke glass BE any BIGGER?? :rofl2: Why do Chinese buffets feel the need to serve their beverages in 55 gallon drums?

And lastly, the boys look very handsome in their ties. Where was Big H's tie??

Thanks dave. Yes, I was very proud of Dave. Those ropes are not a prob for lil H but Gabe generally won't go across anything that isn't steady under his feet (except for a trampoline, go figure). That was a big deal for him.

I love crawfish. But they do look creepy and gross.

Because the chinese love tea? just a thought. :rofl2:

H didn't have a tie b/c he didn't pack on in the TT and I didn't think to bring one. The boys only had them b/c I bought them after I got there as the clothes I actually packed them looked crummy once I really thought about it. LOL. I thought they looked kinda cute wearing them. Surprisingly Gabe left his on! An Easter miracle!

By the way, that was a roseate spoonbill that you had back a ways there. It was left unidentified. Poor bird.

Gosh. I almost said that! ;D

How long of a drive is it for you?

3 hours. and it's 3 hours for H too. ;D

Great TR, Kim. The boys all looked so handsome. Good for Gabe for tackling something that scares him. And Yay for Lil H for finding the golden egg!!

Thanks doodle. :)

No, I am not gonna say anything Snarky, after all it was Easter and you have a fine looking family there.

don't let it fool ya, it was a one time deal

Well thanks Bobbarooni! It's a good thing I always read the fine print though. ;D

Awsome photos, looks like you had a great Easter!!!!!!!!

We did! Thanks. :)

You didn't try voting around that Black Panther, did you?

Good one Brother Man!!! :rofl3:

Gee I'd wondered if you got lost in the hayfield. :clint:

I love the carousel and would take those animals over silly Cinderella stuff any day!

The boys look very handsome in their Easter outfits.

It's great that ya'll are making the most of the hayfield, and spending time together as a family. :heart:

Great update, what handsome boys, and your not so bad yourself Kim :heartsmiley:

looks like you had a good weekend and a great Easter

Why thank you Lorna! It was a great trip and Easter too. :)

Gee I'd wondered if you got lost in the hayfield. :clint:

I love the carousel and would take those animals over silly Cinderella stuff any day!

The boys look very handsome in their Easter outfits.

It's great that ya'll are making the most of the hayfield, and spending time together as a family. :heart:

Hey Stef! I was just thinking today that I haven't seen ya in a while. What a coinkidink. ;D

It would be hard to get lost in the hayfield since is is one giant wide open space.... although I'm sure there are plenty of places in South GA that one could get lost. I don't think I am going to test that theory. (especially since they have snakes and gators and such) :bugeyes:

Thanks about the boys. Not too bad for a desperate rush to Wal Mart for some Easter duds huh? :)

I have been reading along, but for some unknown reason never commented yet. Of all the pictures you have posted my favorite ones are those of everyone laughing, smiling and just overall enjoying the time together on Easter.

sometimes, if you are late to reading the post, by the time you get thru reading the other comments you are laughing too hard to make your own.

I have been reading along, but for some unknown reason never commented yet. Of all the pictures you have posted my favorite ones are those of everyone laughing, smiling and just overall enjoying the time together on Easter.

sometimes, if you are late to reading the post, by the time you get thru reading the other comments you are laughing too hard to make your own.

This is true.

Well... I'm glad ya'll are here and are laughing. :))

When living in a hayfield sometimes it helps to laugh to keep from crying. :rofl2: Just kiddin'

H's photo of the alligator turtle came out great but he hasn't uploaded it yet. Exciting stuff is coming soon... very very exciting!!

Baaahahahahahah! :rofl2: