• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hay, what's going on here? Kim tried and failed at trying to make this a non-TR just to entice me into reading it, but I wasn't fooled for a minute and so I didn't read it. Field of Dreams, if you bu

Ya, cut it out Dave. But, there are quite a few real super heroes on here and most of us know who they are.

Puttin' a little gravel in our travel.... Just in case you were wondering if driving across the hayfield is allowed. Here is Hayseed H in front of his Hay field Palace. Bella Vista.... :rofl2:

Hey Kim!

What a great TR - the hayfield is crackin' me up! :rofl2:

I, too, have bought shirts at Walgreens. They do have some pretty cute seasonal stuff for DD. She likes their selection of blinking jewelry as well... :heart: Oh, to be 4...

I can't believe there were no cowboy-ass-kickin-beans in that pile-o' ass-kickin gear...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kim!

What a great TR - the hayfield is crackin' me up! :rofl2:

I, too, have bought shirts at Walgreens. They do have some pretty cute seasonal stuff for DD. She likes their selection of blinking jewelry as well... :heart: Oh, to be 4...

I can't believe there were no cowboy-ass-kickin-beans in that pile-o' ass-kickin gear...

Hay Beth!!!! Where have you been hiding? :)

I can't believe there were no beans either! They would have been great in the chili! ;D

Ok.. time to get this not a TR rolling again. Picking up where we left off....

We were still at Bass Pro, lil H's happy place.

567.jpg

577.jpg

Lil H trying to be a good brother by getting Gabe to look at the camera. Looks like he wasn't feeling it.

580.jpg

No need to spend a zillion bucks a t WDW when there are penny press machines right here!! My youngun loves these things!

584.jpg

After we left Bass Pro Shop I wanted to see downtown Savannah.

Here it is.

Spanky's.... Home of the Spankula. Not really. I just made that part up. ;D

599.jpg

598.jpg

595.jpg

593.jpg

592.jpg

Paula Deens Restaurant. Might have been fun to give it a try but after picturing our bunch in there.. I could only laugh and and say Hahahahahah! I think not!

591.jpg

590.jpg

589.jpg

588.jpg

While Savannah would be a fun city for a couple's getaway it wasn't a place we could get out and explore with the G man. We did get a lot of laughs (and nausea) driving over the cobblestone street.

As we were leaving downtown we saw this lovely young lady.

601.jpg

We were all starving by now and in the mood for seafood. We were hoping for a nice local place to dine and landed here. :rofl2:

604.jpg

A few photos of us in the car on our way back to our Humble Hayfield Home Away From Home.

608.jpg

609.jpg

605.jpg

612.jpg

H took the boys out to play in the hay... but it was very extrememly windy (tornado warning) so playtime didn't last very long.

623.jpg

622.jpg

621.jpg

620.jpg

That's all from the last trip, BUT, we will all be together in the hayfield next week so there will be another chapter coming soon.

Until then ....

You were in Savannah and had Red Lobster? Blasphemy!! You are right Savannah is great for adults, not so much for young families.

I agree it is GREAT for adults, I think youngins can have a good time too. There are all the squares to visit, the Savannah Sand Gnats to watch, Tybee Island.

But I don't have kids, and Savannah is AWESOME to visit. If I could live there instead of the Chucktown area, I would. In a skinny minute.

Speaking of Tybee, Kim check out the Crab Shack heading to Tybee Island, they have gators to see and other stuff to occupy the kids at the resteraunt and the food IS good. You might be able to take the boys out to the Island to run some energy off before or after the meal. Just a thought.

Also there is a second Bernie's away from River Street and Loves Seafood in the general area of the BPS we have heard good things about.

As far as Paula Dean's, my grandmother cooks just as good as her. If you love southern cooking, it will be good. But IMHO you are paying for the name and location. Nobody beats Grandmoma's cooking. If you need a refernce, just a hip/thigh/butt away.

Her brother, owns Uncle Bubba's heading toward Tybee Island, it is good. But there are better places for seafood. Now his grilled oysters on the half shell are to die for!

Great Update...We are big fans of BPS. I don't know, a GG in the Hayfield could be a winner?

Hay! It's a GG!! Schedule it.... and they will come! :rofl2:

You were in Savannah and had Red Lobster? Blasphemy!! You are right Savannah is great for adults, not so much for young families.

I didn't mean to blaspheme. It was an accident. ::)

Cool pics Kimmie!!!! Looks like a fun day!! And I LOVE the Red Lobster!! I'm sure Bob will appreciate it too!!

Thanks Carol! We enjoy Red Lobster too... the kids don't give us a rough time there! Sometimes they tend to get a little ... uh.... fidgety. :1sm056pullhair:

I agree it is GREAT for adults, I think youngins can have a good time too. There are all the squares to visit, the Savannah Sand Gnats to watch, Tybee Island

Now why didn't I think to give you a holla? :banghead: What was I thinking? G wouldn't do well vising a square. A circle maybe, but not a square. Lil H would love to see the Sand Gnats. (We saw them play the Green Jackets a few years ago in Augusta) but G wouldn't be able to sit there that long.

But I don't have kids, and Savannah is AWESOME to visit. If I could live there instead of the Chucktown area, I would. In a skinny minute.

Speaking of Tybee, Kim check out the Crab Shack heading to Tybee Island, they have gators to see and other stuff to occupy the kids at the resteraunt and the food IS good. You might be able to take the boys out to the Island to run some energy off before or after the meal. Just a thought.

Darn. Another reason I shoulda called on our resident Savannah expert. I love the Crab Shack. Even more than Red Lobster. I think both boys would like to see gators... and I am not afraid anymore since WBI says they go down without a fight. :rofl2: Running off energy is always a plus. Good idea. Probably before AND after would be good. Doing it on an island would be even better.

Also there is a second Bernie's away from River Street and Loves Seafood in the general area of the BPS we have heard good things about.

:gaah: and we were RIGHT THERE!!!

As far as Paula Dean's, my grandmother cooks just as good as her. If you love southern cooking, it will be good. But IMHO you are paying for the name and location. Nobody beats Grandmoma's cooking. If you need a refernce, just a hip/thigh/butt away.

That's what I've heard. It must be true.

Her brother, owns Uncle Bubba's heading toward Tybee Island, it is good. But there are better places for seafood. Now his grilled oysters on the half shell are to die for!

You forgot the Z snap. ;D

BASS PRO....your boy has GREAT taste in stores. Been going to HQ store in Springfield MO since I was young. Many great memories. Now, they are popping up everywhere. Could wonder around in those stores for days.

We're trying to raise him right! ;D

How did I miss a KFK trip report??? So glad I found this. I love Savannah! I think we should do a GG there some time. :) BTW, I think you could take the boys to Paula Deens restaurant. It's not fancy at all...at least it isn't for lunch. The worst part is that the tables are all pretty close together. Like Genia said, the food is good, but not great. You're paying for the name. I'm not sure I would do it again.

What?? This IS blasphemy!

What the no kids? I'm saving the world from further generations of short lush peeps.

or

Savannah, after the cluster for the CRBR, I'm not changing my mind anytime soon!

Glad to see you around, was worried you dropped off!

Buttah is your friend!! (in my best Paula accent)

I am ALL OVER a GG in the hayfield! Especially if it involved a tour of a nuclear power plant. That would be the bomb dot com.

Just think, we would get to meet Homer Simpson...He works there, right?

How did I miss a KFK trip report??? So glad I found this. I love Savannah! I think we should do a GG there some time. :) BTW, I think you could take the boys to Paula Deens restaurant. It's not fancy at all...at least it isn't for lunch. The worst part is that the tables are all pretty close together. Like Genia said, the food is good, but not great. You're paying for the name. I'm not sure I would do it again.

Correction: This is a KFK NOT a trip report. Otherwise Lou wouldn't read a word of it. ;D

Believe me... the wait to be seated at Paula Deen's restaurant alone would be enough to put the boys over the edge! :panic: And since the word on the street is that it's good, not great, is the final nail in the coffin on that plan.

Buttah is your friend!! (in my best Paula accent)

I am ALL OVER a GG in the hayfield! Especially if it involved a tour of a nuclear power plant. That would be the bomb dot com.

:facepalm: the bomb dot com? Oh no you didn't. LOL.

1. How did I miss the first 3 pages.

2. BPS carries my favorite skorts.

3. I'd be right beside you on the hayfield after seeing the snake.

4. GG in a hayfield... I can hear the jokes starting....

1. I don't know.

2. I didn't know BPS carried skorts.

3. Amen sista.

4. Jokes... AND banjo music.

Too bad this isn't Hee Haw...

H's hometown of Hayfield, GA Population: 1 :rofl2:

What?? This IS blasphemy!

Brent! You're out of hiding? Great timing! Blasphemy indeed! A Carolina girl wishing to be a GA peach? What the Fort?

What the no kids? I'm saving the world from further generations of short lush peeps.

or

Savannah, after the cluster for the CRBR, I'm not changing my mind anytime soon!

Glad to see you around, was worried you dropped off!

short lush peeps? Now I have a weird visual. ;D

Just think, we would get to meet Homer Simpson...He works there, right?

I think he was one of H's instructors. :rofl3:

ETA in the Hayfield for our next adventure... 3 days.