David and Gwen Battle the Spring Break Crowds

You got a great shot of Mary Poppins!

Good job on beating David at Buzz! (Never admit it was luck ;))

I cracked up at David being a Debbie Downer and leaving him behind. My DH can be the same way sometimes. I'm lucky if I can get him in the parks for a couple of days, then he's more than happy to let me go with someone else while he stays at camp and chills out.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We interrupt this program to bring you a special report. Lou doesn't have a bald spot any more!

Great job on both of those updates, Gwen!

Sorry about you missing rope drop at the MK.

Again!

And this photo of the bride's ring outside the HM is awesome:

20120308HM2bridesring.jpg

I know that I have seen it before, but on every one of our most recent visits, I have not been able to find it. I thought maybe it had been removed. Can you give me a clue about its approximate location- say in relation to the ghost carriage?

TCD

Talked for a while to our next door neighbors from Jacksonville who were on their first camping trip with their first RV. Gave them a FF card and told them all about our site. He came back the next day and asked a few questions about FF and other things to do in WDW, but he seemed kind of disappointed with and uninterested with Disney.

:bugeyes:

You got a great shot of Mary Poppins!

Good job on beating David at Buzz! (Never admit it was luck ;))

I cracked up at David being a Debbie Downer and leaving him behind. My DH can be the same way sometimes. I'm lucky if I can get him in the parks for a couple of days, then he's more than happy to let me go with someone else while he stays at camp and chills out.

Okay, Stef, we have to meet some time! I'll crack crab legs for you and you can keep me company in the parks!

Great job on both of those updates, Gwen!

Sorry about you missing rope drop at the MK.

Again!

And this photo of the bride's ring outside the HM is awesome:

20120308HM2bridesring.jpg

I know that I have seen it before, but on every one of our most recent visits, I have not been able to find it. I thought maybe it had been removed. Can you give me a clue about its approximate location- say in relation to the ghost carriage?

TCD

Andrew, it isn't near the carriage. It's in the interactive queue area. If you don't find it on your next trip, I'll give you another hint!

Wonderful pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you! I really appreciate people commenting!

:bugeyes:

Yeah, can you believe it ?!?!? I think he went to the fort because he had heard it was a good place to camp, but (judging by his questions) I think he and his wife were hoping for more adult entertainment. He was a Jacksonville police officer, in his 50s, just him, his wife, and the dog. No kids or grandkids with them. I should have told them to go to Boardwalk.

Some people just don't realize how lucky they are ... living in Florida a few hours from the fort, able to hop over there for a long weekend ... I tried to talk David into moving to Florida back in the 70s and he wouldn't hear of it. I can only dream!

Working on our second Friday's installment ... it's a big one.

Andrew, it isn't near the carriage. It's in the interactive queue area. If you don't find it on your next trip, I'll give you another hint!

Ah Ha! No wonder I haven't found it. I thought that there use to be a ring embedded in the concrete around the exit. I thought that I had seen it before, but on the past several trips I was unable to find it. I didn't know there was one in the interactive queue. That is a good enough clue for me. Thanks.

TCD

Ah Ha! No wonder I haven't found it. I thought that there use to be a ring embedded in the concrete around the exit. I thought that I had seen it before, but on the past several trips I was unable to find it. I didn't know there was one in the interactive queue. That is a good enough clue for me. Thanks.

TCD

Even knowing that, it took me a couple of trips to find it! Good luck!

Some people just don't realize how lucky they are ... living in Florida a few hours from the fort, able to hop over there for a long weekend .

It's hard for us Disney freaks to understand that some people just couldn't care less about anything Disney.

I've heard that there are lots of them out there in the real world.

TCD

TCD,

There did use to be a ring embedded at the exit, right before the horse carriage. We also hadnt seen it the last few trips. I didnt realize that they had moved it to the interactive area either.

Always learning new things on here!

Great trip report! Looking forward to more!

Heidi

It's hard for us Disney freaks to understand that some people just couldn't care less about anything Disney.

I've heard that there are lots of them out there in the real world.

I've heard that too, but I try to stay out of the real world as much as possible!

The world is full of weirdos.

And they would think WE are the weird ones!

TCD,

There did use to be a ring embedded at the exit, right before the horse carriage. We also hadnt seen it the last few trips. I didnt realize that they had moved it to the interactive area either.

Always learning new things on here!

Heidi

Yes, I didn't know it used to be at the exit!

Friday, March 9 – Our Quest to Find Jiminy Cricket

We had early ADRs at

20120309MK13.jpg

The boats to the MK weren't running yet, so we had to take a boat to the Contemporary and then the monorail to MK.

DSCN9955.jpg

One of the ferries coming out from the maintenance area:

DSCN9957.jpg

DSCN9958.jpg

DSCN9959.jpg

DSCN9960.jpg

EWP barges:

DSCN9974.jpg

We were allowed into the Magic Kingdom at 7:45 am.

20120309MK00.jpg

It was great to take photos with so few people around! Here are a few in no particular order:

20120309MK01.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0015.jpg

DSCN0014.jpg

DSCN0013.jpg

DSCN0007.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

20120309MK12.jpg

20120309MK11.jpg

20120309MK10.jpg

20120309MK09.jpg

20120309MK08.jpg

20120309MK07.jpg

20120309MK05.jpg

20120309MK04.jpg

20120309MK03.jpg

20120309MK02.jpg

Friday, March 9 – Part 2

Breakfast was great. It’s about $5 per person more than breakfast at Trail’s End but includes many more items. My food:

DSCN0052.jpg

DSCN0056.jpg

DSCN0060.jpg

Yes, I cleaned my plates (except for the pizza crust)!

And the characters:

DSCN0063.jpg

DSCN0064.jpg

DSCN0058.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

We didn't get to talk to Pooh, but that's okay. I'm not a big fan of him. Who is my favorite Pooh character? It's:

DSCN0069.jpg

And we missed rope drop YET AGAIN because it happened while we were eating!

As we were leaving CP we heard several tour groups on Main Street shouting chants. It seemed to be a great time to leave the park!

A look at the crowds arriving as we were leaving:

20120309MKcrowdarriving.jpg

We went back to Dolly to change clothes and take Kassie out for a break.

20120309Headingbacktothefort1.jpg

20120309Headingbacktothefort3.jpg

20120309Headingbacktothefort5.jpg

And then we headed out to Animal Kingdom.

20120309WaitingforAKbus4.jpg

20120309WaitingforAKbus3.jpg

20120309WaitingforAKbus1.jpg

We took a bus from the Outpost and had the worst driver ever!

Didn’t get his name, but he was young and spoke with a heavy accent.

His foot was up, down, up, down, up, down on the accelerator the entire trip.

Like every 5 seconds.

Everyone was complaining … we were constantly bumped from side to side …

one man behind us yelled "Hey, bus driver, I'm getting nauseous back here!" Definitely not a trip for anyone with motion sickness!

I couldn’t wait to get off the bus, but of course we had to stop at BB and it took us about 30 minutes to arrive at AK.

20120309AnimalKingdomsign.jpg

After picking up FPs for Kali, we went to Africa and then on to Conservation Station in search of

JiminyCricket.jpg (photo from disneystore.com)

He is David’s favorite Disney character.

DSCN0098.jpg

DSCN0099.jpg

DSCN0100.jpg

DSCN0102.jpg

DSCN0105.jpg

DSCN0107.jpg

DSCN0110.jpg

DSCN0109.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

DSCN0113.jpg

DSCN0114.jpg

How lucky you were to get so many empty shots of MK. The castle picture with the roses in the corner is gorgeous and should be put into the "Castle Pics" thread.

A very wise content seeking fiend once told me that not everyone reads trip reports, some will just look at pictures, so putting some in the different picture places helps.

I don't want to spoil the surprise if it was meant to be a spoiler, but did you find Jiminy?

AWESOME, looks like there was some rain though. Hope it didn't mess up your day!

Thanks, Carol. I don't think it rained at all that day -- just cloudy in the morning. You will see some sunny shots in the next post.

You are a talented artist,your photos are exquisite! Enjoying your trip report. Next best thing to being there!

Thank you so much! That is quite a compliment!

How lucky you were to get so many empty shots of MK. The castle picture with the roses in the corner is gorgeous and should be put into the "Castle Pics" thread.

A very wise content seeking fiend once told me that not everyone reads trip reports, some will just look at pictures, so putting some in the different picture places helps.

I don't want to spoil the surprise if it was meant to be a spoiler, but did you find Jiminy?

LOL ... I didn't post 20% of the empty MK shots I took! I even took individual photos of every building down each side of Main Street! Didn't want to bore you all, though.

Not everyone reads trip reports ??? What a shame! I love them! I can relive my memories by reading about others' trips! But I'm not surprised. Unless you're Andrew, or a handful of other select names, or you have a tremendous sense of humor or a wonderful writing style like those select few (and Andrew has it ALL), I've noticed the low view numbers and the even lower reply numbers. People just don't realize what a wealth of information TRs can be!

Once I get through this TR I will post some of my pictures in different places.

My next post will be about Jiminy.

He's my favorite character too.

Aah, Lou. You have good taste and a heart of gold (but I won't tell anyone else).

Hope to have my Jiminy post up later today or in the morning.

Gwen I think the best trip reports are those when there are responses and a great conversation! It makes them more personal!

Carol, I think you're right. I just don't have the writing skills to elicit a lot of responses and/or great conversation. I'm just a "here's the facts, ma'am" kind of writer.

But I truly appreciate each and every response that I receive!

Gwen,

Great update!

Breakfast looked yummy!

I LOVED all the Magic Kingdom pictures with no people in them! That must have been fun to be on a desserted Main Street!

Heidi

Thank you, Heidi! Yes, it was worth the price to CP to see MS deserted!

I love Crystal Palace. I'm an Eeyore fan myself. Oh bother! We've done dinner there a couple times and I really enjoy it. Don't think we've done breakfast there. Looks good!

I like Jiminy mainly because of his narration during Wishes, and also memories of watching the Wonderful World of Disney as a kid. Good stuff.

I love Crystal Palace. I'm an Eeyore fan myself. Oh bother! We've done dinner there a couple times and I really enjoy it. Don't think we've done breakfast there. Looks good!

I like Jiminy mainly because of his narration during Wishes, and also memories of watching the Wonderful World of Disney as a kid. Good stuff.

Dave, thanks for hanging in and reading/commenting!