David and Gwen Battle the Spring Break Crowds

Okey dokey, I'm all caught up. :yay:

Your pictures are wonderful! I love the shots of WS, particularly the topiaries. Why the dislike for Snow White, Dave? Is there some horrible event in your past to cause such a nasty reaction to this sweet, young girl who is kind to the animals? ::)

This is twice now I've heard about 50's Prime Time. I'm taking it as a sign to go there next trip. Your desserts look yummy...

Waiting patiently for the next update....

Yes, try 50's PT. They have pretty standard fare -- pot roast, meatloaf, fried chicken, crab cakes, etc., but we've never been disappointed there.

enjoying the tr so far, gwen! i have no desire to do tower of terror. but, now i got to see some of the inside. lol

i love your ray... i think you did a great job on him. if your ever up here-you can draw him on my wall. :) i've drawn mickey w/pluto and winnie w/tigger on two walls already.

love all the food pictures of kitties!

If you are willing to stand in line (or get FPs) you can see even more. I understand they have a chicken elevator right before you get on. You can see all the theming then. The wait was too long for us to do it that day, so I got a CM to just take me into the lobby. It was impressive.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We interrupt this program to bring you a special report. Lou doesn't have a bald spot any more!

Okay, I've taken Carol's suggestion about keeping everything in Word. Only difference was that I'm still using '03 Word and didn't get hyperlinks. So I just added the img tags and this is so much simpler! Thank you, Carol!

So, moving along with this TR ...

Monday, March 5 – It’s Cold! Part 1

Woke up at 4:30 am freezing! It’s 41 degrees out! Turned on the HydroHot. David took Kassie for a walk and saw several deer. BTW, Kassie is having a great vacation:

DSCN9457.jpg

We had breakfast at Trail’s End and again were served by Ken …

DSCN9462.jpg

DSCN9464.jpg

DSCN9461.jpg

My food (looks about the same as last time):

DSCN9466.jpg

DSCN9469.jpg

DSCN9470.jpg

I took a few photos on the way back:

DSCN9471.jpg

DSCN9472.jpg

DSCN9473.jpg

DSCN9475.jpg

Then we were off to:

DSCN9477.jpg

… again concentrating on attractions we’ve been neglecting for the past several trips.

We started with O Canada (hadn't seen in ages and really enjoyed it):

20120305Canada1.jpg

20120305Canada5.jpg

20120305Canada3.jpg

20120305Canada4.jpg

Then we moved on to the UK:

20120305UK3.jpg

20120305UK2.jpg

20120305UK1.jpg

See, I finally go camping and I miss the start of this great trip report.

I am still on stage 1 of Atkins, so your lovely photos of delicious carbs; if my screen was clean, I would lick it.

Looking forward to more.

Have had dinner at TE a couple times, but never breakfast. I really need to correct that on our next trip.

Just MHO, but save your money. It cost $75 for my family of four to eat there. The kids just pecked on theirs....they would not let them split a plate. Would have been better and $35 at Cracker Barrel.

Just MHO, but save your money. It cost $75 for my family of four to eat there. The kids just pecked on theirs....they would not let them split a plate. Would have been better and $35 at Cracker Barrel.

Good to know! Maybe INC and I can hit it some morning without the kids. They'd be just as happy with cinnamon rolls at the camper.

Beautiful pictures of Canada Gwen. I think Epcot and Animal Kingdom are the two best parks for picture taking.

I'm glad that Kassie had a good vacation! It's funny how much they enjoy being at the Fort too. :heart:

I am still on stage 1 of Atkins, so your lovely photos of delicious carbs; if my screen was clean, I would lick it.

:rofl2: I know how you feel! I've been an Atkins WOL'er for almost 9 years now, and if I decide to indulge myself I pay for it with a severe headache and an upset stomach. That sundae David had at 50's PT -- I would have loved to just inhale it!

Sorry you feel that way. But at CB you can't get the fresh fruit and the Mickey waffles! And I've never found a CB that knows how to properly scramble an egg.

Also, when we have breakfast at TE we skip lunch -- that saves some $$. And figure up what all the bacon I consume would cost at CB -- TE is more economical for me!

Good to know! Maybe INC and I can hit it some morning without the kids. They'd be just as happy with cinnamon rolls at the camper.

Just don't tell the kids about the Mickey waffles!

Beautiful pictures of Canada Gwen. I think Epcot and Animal Kingdom are the two best parks for picture taking.

I'm glad that Kassie had a good vacation! It's funny how much they enjoy being at the Fort too. :heart:

Thanks, Stef. Yes, Kassie really enjoys the fort. I think she's bored now being back at home.

But you wouldn't have Kenny as your server.

You have to experience Kenny at least once.

How true! Thanks for not reading my TR.

Monday, March 5 – It’s Cold! -- Part 2

Next up was France:

20120305France1.jpg

20120305France2.jpg

20120305France3.jpg

20120305France4.jpg

Then Japan, where we encountered another first -- the Japanese art museum. We weren't impressed, and I didn't take any photos there.

DSCN9550.jpg

20120305Japan2.jpg

20120305Japan1.jpg

And the American Adventure (why do we have a habit of skipping? It's great!)

I tried some different settings on my camera, and with them and a bit of photoshop correction I actually got a few decent shots:

20120305AmAdv3.jpg

20120305AmAdv4.jpg

20120305AmAdv2.jpg

20120305AmAdv7.jpg

20120305AmAdv6.jpg

20120305AmAdv5.jpg

20120305AmAdv1.jpg

I'll finish up the first Monday later today.

Gwen-

I got behind on my trip report reading, but I am now all caught up with yours.

Great job!

Good for you for exploring the nooks and crannies of Epcot. We try to do that too, and we have yet to see them all.

For those who have not been in the Norway church, you are not alone. Every time we have visited it, we have had the place to ourselves. It has great AC, and is a nice place to cool off on a hot day. Another tip for anyone visiting during the Food and Wine festival is that the porch of the church makes a great place to hang out on a rainy day. Someone in your party can venture out and hit four or five of the food stands from this point, and everyone else can stay out of the rain and dry. File that one away for future reference. But you might have to share that porch with the TCD gang.

TCD

Monday, March 5 – It’s Cold! -- Part 3

More random F&GF photos:

DSCN9482.jpg

DSCN9481.jpg

DSCN9480copy.jpg

DSCN9601.jpg

DSCN9529.jpg

DSCN9600.jpg

DSCN9483.jpg

We then went to the TTC’s Lost and Found where Alamo picked us up. We rented a full size SUV for 7 days because it was more economical than renting a golf cart for 12 days!

When we travel closer to home we carry both my Miata and the golf cart on Dimples … but it’s just too much coming to the fort. It takes a couple of hours to get both loaded and tied down, and at other locations we can do both the night before we leave … but not at the fort. David doesn’t want to undergo all this the morning we depart, so we made the decision to leave the Miata at home. I missed my convertible!

We returned to the fort and cooked dinner. After cleaning up we went looping on DeeDee and tried to visit fpotus but no one was at home. Left a note, but we never heard from them.

Took a few more photos around the fort:

DSCN9607.jpg

DSCN9605.jpg

DSCN9606.jpg

Next up … a planned MK day!

AWESOME Pics!! I LOVE Epcot in the Spring!!

Thanks, Carol. EPCOT just looks so bare now without F&GF. Wish they would leave it up all the time!

Beautiful pics of F&G! I have never been in the church in Norway...my list of things I need to accomplish on my next trip is growing!

Thanks, Dave. EPCOT has so many "hidden gems" -- it's fun exploring them!

Tuesday, March 6 – The Best Laid Plans Go Awry! -- Part 1

Our plan was to spend the day in the Magic Kingdom. Got there about 9:30. Bag check wasn’t too bad. Main Street was crowded …

DSCN9693.jpg

20120306Castleclock.jpg

20120306Castleclose-up.jpg

DSCN9626.jpg

Fantasyland was impossible to maneuver!

20120306FantasylandCrowds.jpg

Got FP for Peter Pan, then rode IASW:

20120306SmallWorld1.jpg

20120306SmallWorld3.jpg

20120306SmallWorld5.jpg

20120306SmallWorld6.jpg

20120306SmallWorld7.jpg

201020306SmallWorld2copy.jpg

and saw Philharmagic. Went back to ride PP:

20120306PeterPan1.jpg

20120306PeterPan3.jpg

20120306PeterPan2.jpg

Then we got the heck out of the MK! The crowds there were the worst we have ever seen!

DSCN9699.jpg

Tuesday, March 6 – The Best Laid Plans Go Awry! -- Part 2

After escaping from MK, which wasn't so magical that day, we did another "first" -- we left MK by way of a bus

DSCN9703.jpg

which took us to the Beach Club:

20120306BeachClub1.jpg

We had never been to Boardwalk, and I’d always wanted to visit, so we walked over there.

DSCN9712.jpg

DSCN9711.jpg

DSCN9708.jpg

DSCN9707.jpg

I was not impressed and would never want to stay there. It's very pretty, but it's too big and there's not much to do. Kouzzina, the one restaurant I wanted to eat at, doesn't open at lunch.

DSCN9714.jpg

DSCN9717.jpg

DSCN9724.jpg

DSCN9716.jpg

DSCN9726.jpg

DSCN9725.jpg

We settled on lunch at Big River Grille & Brewing Works. I had a chicken/avocado sandwich minus the bread, of course. It was very good. David had a huge burger which he liked, but I thought it was very mediocre. Not good quality beef.

I forgot to take photos until I was finished and David had already eaten half his burger:

DSCN9723.jpg

We then road a boat to DHS and took a bus from there back to the campground.

Ate dinner, then had a bowl of one of my favorite desserts – Blue Bunny sugar free Bunny Tracks ice cream topped with sugar free chocolate syrup. Yummy!

DSCN0180.jpg

So thankful for the peace and quiet of Dolly … can’t imagine being in a hotel room after that crowd today!

What’s up for tomorrow? A non-park day … that didn’t make me happy!

We planned to visit my aunt and uncle in Lakeland, then have dinner at Cape May – couldn’t wait to taste those crab legs! Disney + crab legs = heaven!

Still needed to quit worrying about how many days before we have to leave …

After escaping from MK, which wasn't so magical that day, we did another "first" -- we left MK by way of a bus

DSCN9703.jpg

But the buses shown there aren't taking anyone anywhere.

If they're parked along the fence, they're out of service.

You'll see mostly older buses parked there because drivers don't want to drive them and are the last to be used.

We had never been to Boardwalk, and I’d always wanted to visit, so we walked over there.

DSCN9712.jpg

A lot of people skip the Boardwalk area.

I think it's under appreciated.

It's worth checking out especially at night.

But the buses shown there aren't taking anyone anywhere.

If they're parked along the fence, they're out of service.

You'll see mostly older buses parked there because drivers don't want to drive them and are the last to be used.

A lot of people skip the Boardwalk area.

I think it's under appreciated.

It's worth checking out especially at night.

Picky, picky, picky! It's the only photo of the bus area that I have. If the buses are out of service, why are they sitting there?

I'm glad we visited Boardwalk, and we did see it at night, but we probably won't go back.

And thank you for still not reading my TR! Have a great day!