David and Gwen Battle the Spring Break Crowds

Gwen-

Wow, what a report!

Excellent!

I was out of town for a few days, and fell behind with my reading on this one.

I'm all caught up now, so I have to add all of my comments at once:

1. You are a very good photographer.

2. Congratulations on your wonderful grandchildren. You are blessed.

3. Congratulations on finally getting spiked. I'm just sorry that I didn't make it over to do the spiking myself.

4. Good job on the Meadows sign.

Now that I'm caught up, bring on some more!

TCD

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We interrupt this program to bring you a special report. Lou doesn't have a bald spot any more!

Even though it was a rainy day, looks like you made the most of it!! However that traffic to the outlet BLECH!!!!

LOL ... at least the crowds at the parks weren't so bad that day!

Poor Dave, he couldn't catch a break this trip. The pictures you did take are very nice!!

Yes, David had some disappointments on this trip. But overall he still had a really good time. He loves WDW as much as, (gulp) maybe more, than I do!

Gwen-

Wow, what a report!

Excellent!

I was out of town for a few days, and fell behind with my reading on this one.

I'm all caught up now, so I have to add all of my comments at once:

1. You are a very good photographer.

2. Congratulations on your wonderful grandchildren. You are blessed.

3. Congratulations on finally getting spiked. I'm just sorry that I didn't make it over to do the spiking myself.

4. Good job on the Meadows sign.

Now that I'm caught up, bring on some more!

TCD

Wow! Thanks for all the compliments! I'm sorry that we didn't get to meet too. Will you be there over Halloween?

Would someone care to comment on this sign?

20120311whatswrongwiththis.jpg

Why do I have the urge to go and grab a Sharpie every time I see it?

I believe they have added an 'S' on Meadow?? I say bring the sharpie next time and make it right!

:bellringer:

Every other sign correctly said Meadow Trading Post Parking. Somebody goofed.

You missed the sign over the back door of the Meadow(s) Trading Post- this is an older photo- see the Musket Mickey trash can? But that sign over the door says Meadows. And it's still there:

FW42409057.jpg

While we are at it, here's an old photo of the Meadow(s) Snack Bar:

ThanksgivingFW2008531-1.jpg

And the old sign that used to be out on the road by the tennis courts:

ThanksgivingFW2008513.jpg

So, I'm not sure someone goofed- I think the Meadow used to be the Meadows.

TCD

How do you explain these though?

From the CM website called "The HUB", look at the titles.

Meadows.jpg

How do I explain this?

Well, you know my opinion about WDW management.

I presume these are recent screen caps.

I am amused by the FW playground information . . .

The swings at the 300 loop playground were removed over three years ago. The mini-fort long before that. There are swings at the Settlement playground still, but a castmember would not find that information on the Hub.

It is true that there used to be a slide on the 1400 loop playground. But that was removed more than five years ago. Along with some other very dated playground equipment. The playground was never replaced. Now, there is just a tetherball court and an odd ball toss thingamajig there.

There is no slide on the 1600 loop, and I don't recall there ever being one. There is playground equipment by the Meadow(s) Swimming Pool, but sending someone to the 1600 loop looking for it probably will not lead them there.

And we wonder why castmembers are so clueless?

And Lou, while you are sharing information, I would love to see what comes up under Procedures and Policies for the Meadows Pavilion. This is the little shelter by the pool that the locals take over on most summer weekend days.

TCD

I always thought it was Meadows and Meadow was the mistake. :faceplant2:

hehehe How many "S"s does it take to get to the middle of FW? The world may never know...

Well, you know my opinion about WDW management.

Pretty much the same as mine.

If you'll notice whenever I use the word "manager", there is always the word "idiot" before it.

I presume these are recent screen caps.

I did the search for the word "meadows" yesterday.

The swings at the 300 loop playground were removed over three years ago.

The mini-fort long before that.

It is true that there used to be a slide on the 1400 loop playground. But that was removed more than five years ago.

There is no slide on the 1600 loop, and I don't recall there ever being one.

How do you remember all this stuff?

And we wonder why castmembers are so clueless?

I doubt that many, if any, CMs look up stuff like this.

I would love to see what comes up under Procedures and Policies for the Meadows Pavilion.

Here it is,........ nothing.

How do you remember all this stuff?

My girls grew up at the Fort. I have spent many hours at the playgrounds. I know them all well. It was a sad day when we found that the swings had been removed from the 300 loop playground. Also the slide that was made up of a lot of metal rolling cylinders which would pinch your fingers if you weren't careful. The playground at the 1400 loop entrance reminded me of something that I played on in my youth- it was metal, with sharp rusty edges and tall and dangerous. Not like that safe, smooth plastic stuff kids have to settle for these days.

TCD

I know why you have all those "views".....you take OUTSTANDING pictures. Nice work on all.

Not meaning to take us back down a rat hole, but I agree with you about the boardwalk. When we were DVC, I much preferred OKW. The first time we stayed at BWV, I had a room at the end of one of those long halls. I walked so long, that I started meeting folks with a Georgia accent. OK, that might be a slight exaggeration (not much though). That being said, the pool with the clown's mouth slide is super cool, and my family and I enjoyed more than one "kitchen sink" at the ice cream parlor. Maybe because I'm a camper at heart, I just like parking a bit closer to where I sleep.

Finding ring outside of HM is awesome. I appreciate the hint, but am concerned about how much time I've wasted wondering around that carriage.

I will make darn sure not to be in front of you two on Buzz. Those are some serious game faces. :)

Congrats on getting spiked by the TCD/Lou crew. It's pretty cool. Now you have to figure out how to pay homage to the "SPIKE." I though about building a scaled model train in my backyard, then using the spike as originally intended. My wife thinks my efforts can be focussed in a more worthwhile endeavor elsewhere. ;)

Congrats on getting spiked by the TCD/Lou crew. It's pretty cool. Now you have to figure out how to pay homage to the "SPIKE." I though about building a scaled model train in my backyard, then using the spike as originally intended.

Now, there's the best idea I've heard all day!

My wife thinks my efforts can be focussed in a more worthwhile endeavor elsewhere. ;)

Well, just tell her that when you want her opinion you will ask for it.

OK, just kidding about that.

I don't want no trouble from Mrs. Caveat Lector.

TCD

Well, I just typed a long reply, hit a button, and it disappeared. My fault. Sorry I've been AWOL today.

Here's the gist of my replies:

Andrew and Lou, thanks for all the info. I didn't mean to start a controversy here.

Pam, loved your comment about how many S's.

Caveat Lector, thank you for the comment on my photos. But I have a secret. I take lots of bad photos too. I just don't post them.

The train sounds like a great idea to me!

Your comments about boardwalk remind me of several early trips when we got a suite in the Contemporary wing. It was great when you got there. It was the entire end of the building, plus it wrapped up both sides. It was huge, but the walk to it was awful. In those days we got the suite for $147 a night. A bargain because it was less than the price of two rooms. Check out the price now!

PM me if you want to get more hints on finding the ring.

I was determined that David wouldn't beat me on Buzz again.

Your backyard train idea sounds great to me!

Here's why I've been AWOL today:

DSCN9177.jpg

We went out of town to check it out. Great price offered.

And then we went to our moho dealer to find out what a Blue Ox and related equipment would cost. Over $3,000 after installation! We were floored! And it would be a lot more if GMC hadn't factory installed towing hooks!

Right now we don't know what to do. We could put DeeDee in the bed of the truck and not have to deal with our flatbed trailer when we arrive at our destination. The truck matches Dolly and DeeDee almost perfectly (I know some of you think I'm silly, but when we've invested so much in our rig I want everything to match). Hitching up would be so much simpler, and we would avoid having to rent a car at our destinations. Plus several of our favorite campgrounds either have limited sites to accommodate us (60 feet) or don't allow trailers.

If only $$$ were't an obstacle!

Here's why I've been AWOL today:

DSCN9177.jpg

We went out of town to check it out. Great price offered.

And then we went to our moho dealer to find out what a Blue Ox and related equipment would cost. Over $3,000 after installation! We were floored! And it would be a lot more if GMC hadn't factory installed towing hooks!

Right now we don't know what to do. We could put DeeDee in the bed of the truck and not have to deal with our flatbed trailer when we arrive at our destination. The truck matches Dolly and DeeDee almost perfectly (I know some of you think I'm silly, but when we've invested so much in our rig I want everything to match). Hitching up would be so much simpler, and we would avoid having to rent a car at our destinations. Plus several of our favorite campgrounds either have limited sites to accommodate us (60 feet) or don't allow trailers.

If only $$$ were't an obstacle!

See how much the GMC dealer will charge you to install it? My parents did this on their Honda Pilot and got a real deal (that no one will ever get again because the dealer probably learned their lesson).

That looks like a sweet ride!!!

Have you looked into a tow dolly instead of 4 wheels down??

Unfortunatey the campgrounds that don't allow trailers also don't allow tow dollies.

See how much the GMC dealer will charge you to install it? My parents did this on their Honda Pilot and got a real deal (that no one will ever get again because the dealer probably learned their lesson).

Jeff, thanks for your suggestion. It's a good idea, but I'm not sure we'd trust this dealer to do the work. It's a tiny little dealership up in the mountains and they probably have no experience with this. It's worth asking, though.

Okay, let's get this trip report rolling again!

Monday, March 12 – A Great Day! Part 1

After breakfast we drove to

20120312DHS0.jpg

The crowd wasn't TOO bad. We got there about 9:30, and TSM FPs were already for 2:00. Standby was 80 minutes -- so we didn't get to ride.

20120312DHS1.jpg

20120312DHS2.jpg

We saw Voyage of the Little Mermaid for the first time:

20120312LittleMermaid0.jpg

20120312LittleMermaid1.jpg

20120312LittleMermaid2.jpg

20120312LittleMermaid3.jpg

and then spent more time in One Man's Dream:

DSCN0556.jpg

DSCN0555.jpg

DSCN0553.jpg

DSCN0548.jpg

I love these old photos:

DSCN0546.jpg

DSCN0547.jpg

DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0549.jpg

This see-through Lincoln always freaks me out:

DSCN0551.jpg

We went over to the Chinese Theater to look at all the handprints -- another first, and great details that so many people just walk on by! The CMs we chatted with said yes, these are real. They are not reproductions. Most of the stars did come to EPCOT to make them, but a few did theirs in CA and had them shipped here.

20120312MichaelLandonhandprint.jpg

DSCN0578.jpg

DSCN0577.jpg

DSCN0576.jpg

DSCN0575.jpg

To be continued.

Also the slide that was made up of a lot of metal rolling cylinders which would pinch your fingers if you weren't careful. .

TCD

My girls loved that slide! I remember their disappointment the first time we went back and it was gone.

CCIntrigue, I like your pictures of the handprints. I have never taken the time to really look through that area so I don't know whose handprints are there!