Being at the Fort has inspired you to ...

Good question.

At first, I thought that I wouldn't have an answer.

But after thinking about this, I would say that visiting the Fort has inspired me to appreciate plants and trees which are native to Florida.

The average guest may not notice it, but the Fort management over the years has carefully managed the vegetation at the Fort to emphasize the use on native plants and trees. There are pines, several variety of oak, gum, sycamore, cypress, and bay trees throughout the Fort. There are also many citrus trees. And palmettoes galore. There are a lot of crepe myrtle trees too, which are not native to Florida, but they sure are beautiful. What you do not see many of at the Fort is palm trees.

There are also many, many flowering shrubs. So many that there is always something blooming at the Fort, all year long. It's something that I really enjoy. I pay closer attention to landcaping at other places now as a result.

TCD

From researching the music played at the Fort, I've gotten really into Bluegrass and Appalachian String Music, and actually all sorts of Americana music.

Different strokes for different folks.

As soon as I see "FW Outpost" as the next destination on the black box's display, I hit the audio OFF button.