Tow Nater Celebrates At The Fort

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope that wasn't my guess. I thought it might be because the male carries the eggs till term. Which to me anyway sounds like a pretty good deal! :)

Updates are fast and furious! I have never been in the Norway church either. I'll have to check it out. It's amazing what the 'ritas will do to you on a hot day like that. If I am ever there at th

Hooray for Tow Nater!!! Y'all are like the Incredibles at the Fort. A family of superheroes! Trevor is snake man. Nathen is Tow Nater. Stef is Banana girl. She will get rid of any unwanted bananas in

Waffle with fruit and nutella?? :jumpforjoy

I thought maybe something to do with a banana.... :rofl2:

I think Dave is right.

And I will be glad if Nicki is wrong (althought there are bananas on the nutella waffle). But, I know you were thinking frozen banana.

Stef- more great photos!!

I have never seen that little pond by the group camping area so low.

TCD

Stef,

I am all caught up!

I loved reading about your mom/son time with Nate. I have two boys and I hope that when they are 22 they will want to hang out with me too!

How irratating to read about the CM yelling at Nate for riding the bike out by the dam. We are big bike riders and ALWAYS have our bikes at the fort. I have always seen the sign for no bikes by the Trading Post, but there is absolutely NO sign at the other entrance. If they are going to yell at someone then they need to have signs at both ends. I mean if you are coming the other way how would you know that no bikes are allowed??

We like those cream cheese pretzels too!

What kind of caramel was that? On our last trip we bought the basic caramel and one that had chocolate on the bottom. Both were SO GOOD!!! So good in fact, that after we tasted the two pieces that we bought, I sent my oldest son back in to get two more pieces! Yum!!!

OK, ready for more!!

Heidi

Waffle with fruit and nutella?? :jumpforjoy

:bellringer:

Nice going Dave! You have won a free babysitter, please have Anna ready in 8 hours and pack a lot all of her clothes...and toys, any medications she may need, her birth certificate.... ^-^

I have never tried the cream cheese pretzel....may have to next trip. Sleepy Hollow has those gol dern waffle sandwiches that I am dying to try......could that be what we will see next?

Cream cheese pretzels are yummy, but the waffles are delicious!! I have only tried the nutella and fruit one, but if I remember correctly, TCD has had the chicken one.

I thought maybe something to do with a banana.... :rofl2:

No Nicki, I've given up on the frozen bananas. For some reason, people tend to stare at me when I eat those.

I think Dave is right.

And I will be glad if Nicki is wrong (althought there are bananas on the nutella waffle). But, I know you were thinking frozen banana.

TCD

What's wrong with me eating a frozen banana, Sausage Man? :hah:

Finally caught up. Love all the pics!

Thank you! Getting ready for another update.

Stef,

I am all caught up!

I loved reading about your mom/son time with Nate. I have two boys and I hope that when they are 22 they will want to hang out with me too!

How irratating to read about the CM yelling at Nate for riding the bike out by the dam. We are big bike riders and ALWAYS have our bikes at the fort. I have always seen the sign for no bikes by the Trading Post, but there is absolutely NO sign at the other entrance. If they are going to yell at someone then they need to have signs at both ends. I mean if you are coming the other way how would you know that no bikes are allowed??

We like those cream cheese pretzels too!

What kind of caramel was that? On our last trip we bought the basic caramel and one that had chocolate on the bottom. Both were SO GOOD!!! So good in fact, that after we tasted the two pieces that we bought, I sent my oldest son back in to get two more pieces! Yum!!!

OK, ready for more!!

Heidi

Hi Heidi, it's good to see you!

We've also biked back there countless times (I've also crashed in that sand just as many :- ) I think it's another case of inconsistencies with the rules.

I believe that caramel just said "Caramel Bar" it did have a shortbread cookie on the bottom and a bit of it across the top. Delicious!!

More coming soon....

This is stef... your wish has a 50.50 chance...

:raspberry2: Next trip I AM going for the frozen banana, maybe even two at once! AND I'm going to take pictures from every angle just to torture you all!!

:bellringer:

Nice going Dave! You have won a free babysitter, please have Anna ready in 8 hours and pack a lot all of her clothes...and toys, any medications she may need, her birth certificate.... ^-^

durn it...

Hey, can I come be another free babysitter too. I'll make sure to supply you with plenty of jello shots....

No Nicki, I've given up on the frozen bananas. For some reason, people tend to stare at me when I eat those.

they are just jealous....

TCD... open a door and she will walk thru it and getcha....

:raspberry2: Next trip I AM going for the frozen banana, maybe even two at once! AND I'm going to take pictures from every angle just to torture you all!!

buy me one too and i'll help you torture them....

I have only tried the nutella and fruit one, but if I remember correctly, TCD has had the chicken one.

You recall correctly.

The chicken one is very good!

I haven't tried the nutella one. But I will one of these days.

Touche'

I fully acknowledge that nobody, including me, wants to see a photo of me eating a sausage.

But that doesn't mean it's OK for you to post photos of you enjoying a frozen banana.

I mean kids read this board.

TCD

Nutella & fresh fruit waffle it is!! Can you tell I'm excited?!

fortMay2012446.jpg

Nate joined me in waffle heaven.

fortMay2012057.jpg

Here's a couple shots from Sleepy Hollow seating area.

fortMay2012444.jpg

fortMay2012445.jpg

I managed to eat 3/4 of my waffle and I was stuffed! We decide we've done all we need to do (eat) at the MK, and it's crowded. But some pictures along the way out never hurt.

fortMay2012447.jpg

fortMay2012448.jpg

fortMay2012449.jpg

fortMay2012059.jpg

fortMay2012062.jpg

fortMay2012454.jpg

39 years of looking at that castle, and it never gets old!

fortMay2012452.jpg

The chesire cat needs some touch-up paint.

fortMay2012060.jpg

fortMay2012453.jpg

Sometimes, even at Disney, you have to stop and smell the roses.

fortMay2012067.jpg

fortMay2012456.jpg

fortMay2012063.jpg

The bakery on Main Street still has a curtain over it. Seems like it's been a LONG time!

fortMay2012457.jpg

A little entertainment.....those poor guys sweat their nuggets off performing. Bravo!

fortMay2012458.jpg

We made it out!

fortMay2012459.jpg

Since we had to wait for a boat, we took some more pictures.

fortMay2012069.jpg

fortMay2012464.jpg

fortMay2012465.jpg

fortMay2012466.jpg

fortMay2012462.jpg

fortMay2012461.jpg

Lou's favorite form of transportation.

fortMay2012460.jpg

Oooh wait...here comes The Avenger monorail. Lou will be doubly excited now!

fortMay2012468.jpg

fortMay2012072.jpg

Here comes our boat!

fortMay2012467.jpg

I want to be the first one on it!

fortMay2012070.jpg

Coming up: A view from the boat, I make it up to Lou for the monorail comments and a Fort parade!

How about a funnel cake

You definitely deserve a B+ for that guess. I love funnel cakes and would eat those at Sleepy Hollow before they started serving the waffles.

Touche'

I fully acknowledge that nobody, including me, wants to see a photo of me eating a sausage.

But that doesn't mean it's OK for you to post photos of you enjoying a frozen banana.

I mean kids read this board.

TCD

Oh it's on like Donkey Kong! You should guess that as soon as someone tells me I can't...I WILL! In fact, I may just see how many bananas I can fit into my mouth at once.

Get Guinness Book of World Records on the phone, stat!

Your park time sounds a lot like ours!! It doesn't bother me at all if I don't get on an attraction!!

I love snacking and people watching! I figure I've already ridden everything at least once, and if the Lords willing, I'll be back another day so no big deal if I don't ride.

You said nuggets. :hah:

It wasn't my first choice of words, but tried to keep it clean. :P

I don't think that is the Chesire cat.....It is Lucifer, that cat from Cincerella.

Steve I bet you're right. Ahh, ya seen one cat, ya seen em all! (again, wasn't my first choice of words, but keeping it nice)kys.gif

Those waffles look huge...need to add those to my snack spreadsheet. Love the castle pictures.

They are huge!! They are less than $6 and would be a perfect snack to share. (I'm an only child, so not much into sharing ^_^ )

when is the next TCD visit?

Very soon.

Oh it's on like Donkey Kong! You should guess that as soon as someone tells me I can't...I WILL! In fact, I may just see how many bananas I can fit into my mouth at once.

Get Guinness Book of World Records on the phone, stat!

Heaven help us, what have I done?

I called the Guinness people and they asked that you let them know when and where so they can send a photographer.

(actually I made that part up- I just want to make sure I'm not around to see the frozen banana record).

TCD

One final update for today...it is Friday night after all!

We're now on the boat headed back to the Fort. Amanda took a picture of me playing Poppit on my phone (to avoid talking to the goofy teenage boy seated beside us who insisted on talking about hunting in North Dakota ??? )

fortMay2012074.jpg

fortMay2012470.jpg

I would like to dedicate this next photo to Lou.

fortMay2012469.jpg

That monorail never moved through our whole boat ride (as far as I could see) so I'm not sure if it broke down, there was another suicidal squirrel or what, but it had come to a definite halt. Darn those silly, slow monorails....but they look cool.

Some Wilderness lodge photos as seen from Bay lake.

fortMay2012471.jpg

fortMay2012472.jpg

fortMay2012473.jpg

The decrepit remains of River Country. Boooo!

fortMay2012474.jpg

fortMay2012475.jpg

Ahhhh

fortMay2012476.jpg

fortMay2012477.jpg

Home sweet camping home.

Ya'll know the scurvy dog from Pirates of the Caribbean ride? Well that's what Mason looks like after a few days of camping! I dug out the brush and scissors and did a little grooming.

fortMay2012075.jpg

You can tell by the twitching leg, he loves the brush!

While we are relaxing at camp, Nate & Amanda check out the Fort craft schedule and something interests Amanda, so they head to the pool. I tell Nate to bring a bag of ice back with him.

It wasn't ten minutes later that they come back, without ice, and Nate says " I need my truck & tow rope"

Now keep in mind, this is an almost daily occurrence at home. Half of Citrus County calls Nate, day or night, to be towed, pulled out of the mud or the sugar sand.

He has every available tow rope, snatch strap, clevis hook.....for such an occasion.

But we're in Disney World?! WTFort?

He tells me there is a family in an suv that's lost all power, just past the Big Bear/Little Bear loop. A Fort manager had brought them a jump pack, but as soon as they hit the key, it would die again.

Like any good redneck, Nate tells the guy that he'll tow him back to the cabins. The fort manager calls for back-up, AKA Rangers, to hold traffic at the 4-way stop, Nate gets in his truck & we bring up the rear on the cart.

Some pics I took, some Amanda took, which will explain the different angles.

fortMay2012077.jpg

fortMay2012479.jpg

When the owner saw all Nate's equipment, he stood back and said "You've obviously done this before"

fortMay2012480.jpg

fortMay2012481.jpg

fortMay2012482.jpg

fortMay2012483.jpg

fortMay2012081.jpg

I love this pic because you can see us in Nate's mirror.

fortMay2012082.jpg

fortMay2012485.jpg

fortMay2012486.jpg

They unhooked and the guys pushed it into the parking space.

fortMay2012487.jpg

fortMay2012488.jpg

The Fort manager thanked Nate profusely and so did the suv owner (and wife & kids who were also with him) I felt so bad for them! At WDW, in a cute little cabin with a dead vehicle outside. Bummer.

Nate was thrilled. Why?

"I got to test out my new mirrors!" ::)

Next up: Amanda's mom arrives, and we part ways for the evening.

Hooray for Tow Nater!!!

Y'all are like the Incredibles at the Fort.

A family of superheroes!

Trevor is snake man.

Nathen is Tow Nater.

Stef is Banana girl. She will get rid of any unwanted bananas in the blink of an eye.

Amanda can hold water bottles with no hands. Maybe not a super power, but still impressive.

They ought to fire those useless Rangers and give the S70 site 550 as a permanent base camp!

TCD

Per BBS

Throw on Ray Wiley Hubbard

Sing along to "Redneck Mother"

Any blues I had before are gone

Another working week is over

No chance of staying sober

I can feel a good one coming on

Yeah, we gonna roll all night

We gonna get the feeling right

We gonna keep this party rocking til the break of dawn

Yeah, I can feel a good one coming on