That Big Rock in Atlanta

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And look at the Mayor, looking all slim and trim.

Oh, and Doodle, I honestly didn't realize about the bad picture of you. And since I'm an equal opportunity picture poster, I'll post this lovely ditty Rick took when I got home

this is Carols report, I am just adding some extras like this one...........

Gee, H in a South Carolina shirt? Who would have thunk?

:rofl2: :rofl2: :heart: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Glad everyone had a great time! Great pics Carol!

Hay Genia!!! Like there is some other Big Time South Carolina College Team?

Luv Ya! :)

Looks like quite a gab fest! ;D

I want to squeeze that little baby!! :heart: Is that one of Ken & Judy's? God bless those two.

He was a sweet little baby and sooooo good. Mine never would have sat in a carrier and just slept like that

Yes he is, Stef. And about the sweetest little handful ever!

I wish the world had no need for angels like Judy and Ken, but glad there are folks that will take care of all of God's sweet children!

The baby was so sweet. Ken and Judy are short term fostering it, though hoping it will stay for a little while. Hard to imagine a day spent with fiends being any better, but holding that baby was definitely the frosting on the cake.

Thanks for all the photos, Carol!

It was a great day!! My pleasure on taking the photos!

Gee, H in a South Carolina shirt? Who would have thunk?

:rofl2: :rofl2: :heart: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Glad everyone had a great time! Great pics Carol!

Yeah, just like Jen can most often be found in Auburn gear, we can count on H to have on SC gear!!

Yep, that's the one..

Lawdy, I look like a lobster..lol

Love the pics Carol!! you are the offical picture taker from here on out, I'm with Lorna, camera was brought and never removed from the bag :)

OK, I know most were gabbing so much to have time to take pictures, but I full well expect some pics and trip reports from SOME of the folks there!!!

I love me some photo bombs

Lots of fun!!!

Hay Genia!!! Like there is some other Big Time South Carolina College Team?

Luv Ya! :)

All right, take the squabbling outside you two!!!

OK, now it's Sunday morning "ish" and once again I'm over at TJs. Today's breakfast is pancakes and BACON!!! I knew I was going over to the park today, so I put the new zoom lens on the camera. Here I am playing around.

IMG_9872.jpg

IMG_9873.jpg

IMG_9874.jpg

IMG_9875.jpg

CJ came by for breakfast

IMG_9876.jpg

IMG_9877.jpg

IMG_9878.jpg

IMG_9879.jpg

IMG_9880.jpg

IMG_9881.jpg

IMG_9882.jpg

IMG_9883.jpg

IMG_9884.jpg

IMG_9885.jpg

IMG_9886.jpg

Coming next my trip over to the park and on top of the "Rock"

I make it over to the park around noonish and head for the Skylift. Donnie had purchased the passes to the park the day before, and he didn't want to use the 2nd day, so we split the cost of the pass.

IMG_9887.jpg

IMG_9888.jpg

IMG_9889.jpg

Waiting on my turn to ride

IMG_9890.jpg

IMG_9891.jpg

IMG_9892.jpg

IMG_9893.jpg

IMG_9894.jpg

IMG_9896.jpg

IMG_9897.jpg

IMG_9898.jpg

IMG_9899.jpg

IMG_9901.jpg

IMG_9902.jpg

IMG_9903.jpg

IMG_9904.jpg

On the way up

IMG_9905.jpg

IMG_9906.jpg

IMG_9907.jpg

IMG_9908.jpg

IMG_9909.jpg

IMG_9910.jpg

IMG_9911.jpg

IMG_9912.jpg

IMG_9913.jpg

Coming next, the view from the top of the Rock!

Love the TR!! So many awesome Fiends together!! I really wish I'd been able to come, but seeing all the pics is the next best thing. And, I agree...Anna IS too stinkin' cute!!! ;)

Great Pics Carol, they speak volumes about good times and good Friends/Fiends. :)

Yes it does!! This is a special trip, because the Fiends seem to spend LOTS more time together, and it is WONDERFUL!!

That clothesline looks just tacky, IMHO.

I never even noticed the clothesline, was just takin a picture of the Musket Mickey :)

That zoom lens works good!

IMHO, it most certainly does!

Good job!

TCD

Thanks!

Love the TR!! So many awesome Fiends together!! I really wish I'd been able to come, but seeing all the pics is the next best thing. And, I agree...Anna IS too stinkin' cute!!! ;)

Thanks for readin!!

Anna is the cutest thing you have ever seen. She is always smiling and happy it seems. Just love her to pieces. :heartsmiley:

Your darlings are beautiful also!!

Those are awesome pics. What a cool place.

It is a cool place!!!

Time to continue.....

I have exited the Sky ride and am now wandering around the top of the rock. Even though it was hot down below. The wind was really whipping up here. Quite pleasant. Somebody made a comment as we stepped out to his spouse. "Well pick out your slab of granite for the kitchen". I thought that was funny. Stone Mountain is solid granite!

IMG_9914.jpg

IMG_9915.jpg

IMG_9916.jpg

IMG_9917.jpg

IMG_9918.jpg

IMG_9919.jpg

IMG_9920.jpg

IMG_9921.jpg

IMG_9923.jpg

IMG_9924.jpg

IMG_9925.jpg

IMG_9926.jpg

IMG_9927.jpg

IMG_9928.jpg

IMG_9929.jpg

IMG_9930.jpg

IMG_9931.jpg

IMG_9932.jpg

IMG_9933.jpg

IMG_9934.jpg

IMG_9935.jpg

IMG_9936.jpg

IMG_9937.jpg

IMG_9938.jpg

IMG_9939.jpg

IMG_9940.jpg

IMG_9941.jpg

IMG_9942.jpg

IMG_9943.jpg

IMG_9947.jpg

IMG_9948.jpg

IMG_9949.jpg

IMG_9950.jpg

IMG_9954.jpg

This is some stuff inside the building up top. This is an arial view from 1955

IMG_9955.jpg

IMG_9956.jpg

IMG_9958.jpg

IMG_9961.jpg

IMG_9962.jpg

I'm guessing this was on the skyway on the way down. Big hole in the rock

IMG_9963.jpg

IMG_9964.jpg

IMG_9965.jpg

Now I am back in the park wandering around. This is the big lawn where folks watch the laser/fireworks show. Some folks have spots staked out already

IMG_9966.jpg

IMG_9967.jpg

IMG_9968.jpg

These are the terraces where they have reserved seating for the show. We had tickets for that evening. Didn't want to repeat last year's fiasco.

IMG_9969.jpg

IMG_9970.jpg

IMG_9971.jpg

IMG_9972.jpg

More to come soon

Next year I want to hike up the mountain. We saw the base of the trail from the train ride. Doesn't look like a bad hike. As long as it's not 95 degrees.

Your NUTS!!!!

You can almost see Chipper, Maddux, and Smoltzy's playground from up there. Go Braves!

Those were the glory years!!! Fortunately, I got to see both Maddux and Smoltzy pitch in person, and Chipper was smokin back then!!!

Yep, but unfortunately, their playground was torn down and turned into a parking lot, now all they have is this Turner place....... (just kidding, Turner Field is a beautiful ballpark. Fulton County had seen better days.)

Your NUTS!!!!

Those were the glory years!!! Fortunately, I got to see both Maddux and Smoltzy pitch in person, and Chipper was smokin back then!!!

Yep, but unfortunately, their playground was torn down and turned into a parking lot, now all they have is this Turner place....... (just kidding, Turner Field is a beautiful ballpark. Fulton County had seen better days.)

Grew up a huge Braves fan, watching them several times a week on WTBS....starting back when they had the horrible teams in the baby blue uniforms and Dale Murphy was pretty much the only good player on America's Team!