First, so glad I found you guys!! Second, we actually just came back from our first tripto the fort and loved it. We were in loop 600 we thought it was great. Anyway we are back and of course what do you do the first thing back? Well plan of course for the next time. So my daughter graduates from high school next year and she wants to go back to Disney. While I loved our trip, I wanted to try to go when it wasnt so hot. I have read so many "crowd reports" for the first week of April saying stay away. How do you all feel about that week. I know Disney is really always crowded, but we do want to enjoy ourselves and not feel like a bunch of sardines. So again glad I'm here with fellow campers and would love to hear the good,bad and ugly.

Lizabeth

Welcome!

You are right- there are very few slow times at Disney World any more.

We have been for the last week of March in the past few years, and it hasn't been bad.

The first week of April shouldn't be bad, but it also depends on when Easter falls. The week before and after Easter will be super busy.

But, to me, the cooler weather makes the crowds more tolerable.

So go for it!

TCD

:insanity:

The best time to go is between Thanksgiving and Christmas - but that's not kids in school friendly. The problem with March & April are the various spring break times. Those do tend to be crowded. With that said, if you chose the right parks & times of day, it's not THAT bad. There are some good apps for Disney crowd levels and ride times if you have a smart phone.

First off WELCOME!!!!!

Yes, if you want to spend quality times in the parks, then yes the first week of April is a crowded Spring Break week!! Lots of us prefer the Halloween time frame, but I'm guessing your daughter will be heading on to college.

Now, when my boys graduated high school it was the week in May just before Memorial Day. The crowds were quite reasonable that week. We left each time on the Sunday before Memorial day. The weather was warm, but not hot.

So tell us a little about yourself?? What kind of rig do you have, how often do you go to the Fort or camping in general, and where ya from??

Welcome!!

My DW and I like February if you can do the trip that early, but stay away from President's week. If you plan to do a lot of swimming, February may not be the greatest, but it is great for crowd levels, i.e. getting on rides.

My kids are smaller (3 and 6) and therefore waiting in lines is a bit harder for us though.

First off WELCOME!!!!!

Yes, if you want to spend quality times in the parks, then yes the first week of April is a crowded Spring Break week!! Lots of us prefer the Halloween time frame, but I'm guessing your daughter will be heading on to college.

Now, when my boys graduated high school it was the week in May just before Memorial Day. The crowds were quite reasonable that week. We left each time on the Sunday before Memorial day. The weather was warm, but not hot.

So tell us a little about yourself?? What kind of rig do you have, how often do you go to the Fort or camping in general, and where ya from??

Well thanks for all the info. We have a 28' Rockwood fifth wheel, and we love to do the state parks and try to go to Dollywood at least once a year and now obiously the Fort! I just loved it!. We live 30 minutes outside of Chattanooga and just love doing things together as a family. I hope ya'll dont mind alot of fort questions , I'm just trying to decide whether to take my two girls out of school or not next year.

:grpwelcome:

We're big fans of October, November, December if you can swing it - pretty much any weeks except Thanksgiving and Christmas (well, definitely not Christmas - Thanksgiving isn't too bad). It tends to be pretty dry and temps are usually 70-80ish... although you can get some crazy cold or hot days thrown in their on occasion.

Plus Halloween and Christmas bring lots of fun things you won't get the rest of the year, like Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, festive decorations and special events throughout the resort (especially for the Christmas season) and crazy, over-the-top decorations at the Fort!

Oh, and Oct into mid-November is also Epcot Food & Wine (YUMMMMM)

Welcome!!

My DW and I like February if you can do the trip that early, but stay away from President's week. If you plan to do a lot of swimming, February may not be the greatest, but it is great for crowd levels, i.e. getting on rides.

My kids are smaller (3 and 6) and therefore waiting in lines is a bit harder for us though.

See thats our dilema. If my kids were small like yours, I wouldnt hesitate taking them out of school and just going. But I have one in 12th and the other in 6th. I was looking at the week before presidents week.

:grpwelcome:

We're big fans of October, November, December if you can swing it - pretty much any weeks except Thanksgiving and Christmas (well, definitely not Christmas - Thanksgiving isn't too bad). It tends to be pretty dry and temps are usually 70-80ish... although you can get some crazy cold or hot days thrown in their on occasion.

Plus Halloween and Christmas bring lots of fun things you won't get the rest of the year, like Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, festive decorations and special events throughout the resort (especially for the Christmas season) and crazy, over-the-top decorations at the Fort!

Oh, and Oct into mid-November is also Epcot Food & Wine (YUMMMMM)

We went a couple years back to the food and wine festival. We had a blast.

Well thanks for all the info. We have a 28' Rockwood fifth wheel, and we love to do the state parks and try to go to Dollywood at least once a year and now obiously the Fort! I just loved it!. We live 30 minutes outside of Chattanooga and just love doing things together as a family. I hope ya'll dont mind alot of fort questions , I'm just trying to decide whether to take my two girls out of school or not next year.

If you are interested in meeting other Fiends and enjoying some fall weekend camping, a bunch of us are getting together at Defeated Creek COE Park in Carthage, TN (about an hour east of Nashville) the weekend of September 21-23.

Here is the link to the info:

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/6125-defeated-creek-grand-gathering-sept-2012/

We also now have a tradition of gathering at Stone Mountain Campground the weekend of Memorial Day every year.

Here is the info for the 2013 gathering!

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/6506-2013-stoned-mountain-memorial-day-grand-gathering/

We were at the Fort from the Thursday before President's weekend through Mar 2nd this year and it wasn't bad at all. Getting reservations president weekend can be a hassle, but the time before and after was quite pleasant. We tour the parks in a VERY leisurely fashion, but with a good touring plan, you should do well

If you are interested in meeting other Fiends and enjoying some fall weekend camping, a bunch of us are getting together at Defeated Creek COE Park in Carthage, TN (about an hour east of Nashville) the weekend of September 21-23.

Here is the link to the info:

http://www.fortfiend...ring-sept-2012/

We also now have a tradition of gathering at Stone Mountain Campground the weekend of Memorial Day every year.

Here is the info for the 2013 gathering!

http://www.fortfiend...rand-gathering/

Those campouts sound great, We'll see what the calender looks like

I say take them out of school (as long as neither of them struggle in school). You only live to go to the Fort once!

I agree! If you can swing a Christmas trip, there really is nothing like it. We do the first week of December and crowds aren't bad at all. The Thanksgiving-ers are gone, but the Christmas-ers haven't come in yet. The decorations are amazing at every park & resort.

Whatever you decide, you know you'll have a blast! And welcome aboard. :wave1:

I'm a teacher, so we're pretty much stuck going during peak times. We went the first week of April this year. It is crowded, but we got up early and were at the parks for opening, hit the big stuff early, used fastpass, and left shortly after lunch. Then, we'd go back in the evenings for small attractions and dinner. If you have a semi-plan, it's doable and enjoyable. I also like when the weather is warm enough to swim but not June/July heat.

Welcome!!

Wish I could help with off-season suggestions, but we too are stuck with a school schedule. We live too far to only take one week off from school.

Hope what ever time you pick, you have a fantastic time celebrating your daughter's graduation.