Camping etiquette - If a fiend came knocking...

Readers Digest version... someone from "a board we shall not name" apparently decided for some reason he was going to go around taking photos of Fiend signs over Halloween last year. No idea why - maybe he wanted to prove a point that all Fiends were loud, foul-mouthed drunks. We could have saved him the trouble and forwarded him a copy of the Fiend Oath. :rofl2:

Anywho... Pam saw said limegreenlunatic snapping pics of her sign while her kids were out and about and made a point to let people "over there" know that should they try something like that again, they'd be answering to the law... and one serious ticked off Fiend mama (ok, I'm paraphrasing)

I'd be willing to bet that nonsense has died down, if not gone away completely.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I call new members, victims, targets of harassment, fresh meat.

No problem knocking on our door, if the GC and truck are there we usually are too. And remember if the MH is rockin "RUN LIKE HELL" we're having an earthquake. :rofl3:

honestly, the way Fiends stay out at night and gab, gossip and talk, I find it hard to believe anyone would be up at 7am :rofl2:

I know how to get Lou to visit... bake the pie!

What is this you speak of?

I wondered that too Brent. Does she even know what goes in an apple pie? When I saw Nicki there wasn't so much as a hint of a pie crumb... :rofl2: :heart: :rofl2:

I really don't think that will be an issue again. I haven't heard of anyone having issues since. It was unsettling but really just a disgruntled lime green jerk jealous b/c voldy folks were either sorely missing or too ashamed to hang out their own signs. My unruly purple sign still goes up first thing everywhere - even at local steam shows when we're dry camping...

maybe I can run it by the imaginary DH..

Readers Digest version... someone from "a board we shall not name" apparently decided for some reason he was going to go around taking photos of Fiend signs over Halloween last year. No idea why - maybe he wanted to prove a point that all Fiends were loud, foul-mouthed drunks. We could have saved him the trouble and forwarded him a copy of the Fiend Oath. :rofl2:

Anywho... Pam saw said limegreenlunatic snapping pics of her sign while her kids were out and about and made a point to let people "over there" know that should they try something like that again, they'd be answering to the law... and one serious ticked off Fiend mama (ok, I'm paraphrasing)

I'd be willing to bet that nonsense has died down, if not gone away completely.

a bit sorry I reminded everyone.... now. Sorry.

I wondered that too Brent. Does she even know what goes in an apple pie? When I saw Nicki there wasn't so much as a hint of a pie crumb... :rofl2: :heart: :rofl2:

well you will just have to wait and watch Lou eat his then. If he doesn't get food poisening then I can make a pie.. if not, I will go into hiding as the whole of ff.net will be out to get me.

well you will just have to wait and watch Lou eat his then. If he doesn't get food poisening then I can make a pie.. if not, I will go into hiding as the whole of ff.net will be out to get me.

Because you "offed" Lou? or we don't get any pie.....

???

well you will just have to wait and watch Lou eat his then.

:sarc3: Oh sure, now that's a good southern hostess... don't pay any attention to that table of hungry pie-loving fiends over there, they're just watching you eat to see if you survive Lou... :smug:

You know how when you were young, and you start dating someone new, and you hear all the stories about the crazy ex-boyfriend/girlfriend that still snoops and awkwardly drives past the house, especially when you're there visiting... sounds a little bit like that!

I'm new since the flush, so I'm curious, do we have proper nomenclature for pre and post flush fiends? All I request is it's something cooler and more original than "newbie" or "noob"!

Because you "offed" Lou? or we don't get any pie.....

???

I would never off Lou.....

:sarc3: Oh sure, now that's a good southern hostess... don't pay any attention to that table of hungry pie-loving fiends over there, they're just watching you eat to see if you survive Lou... :smug:

Hostess smostess. My mama would tell you, I am not good at anything.... so what's the use in tryin! :smartass:

Not only will Lou get pie but he'll get invited into the new trailer.. you know why? I'll have an oven to cook it in and a place to fit visitors in! :raspberry2:

You know how when you were young, and you start dating someone new, and you hear all the stories about the crazy ex-boyfriend/girlfriend that still snoops and awkwardly drives past the house, especially when you're there visiting... sounds a little bit like that!

I'm new since the flush, so I'm curious, do we have proper nomenclature for pre and post flush fiends? All I request is it's something cooler and more original than "newbie" or "noob"!

ummmmm.... how about new ff.net member

Dave calls them stupid. :rofl3: :rofl2:

I think that's it in a nutshell! 8)

Funny thing is that the one stalker type, aside from getting a sound and well-deserved tongue-lashing from Pam, amounted to oh..... nuthin. A brief ripple in the cosmos, long forgotten and ultimately no harm done.

On the flip side, the result of the 30-something Fiend signs up at the Fort that Halloween, and the F-R-I-E-N-D-L-Y greetings that anyone who asked about them got was... a BUNCH of new Fiends! :banana:

We don't discriminate or delineate...

part of the big flush

flushed since the big flush

found us on purpose

found us by accident

...a Fiend is a Fiend is a Fiend as far as I'm concerned!

:purpleflam:

Ok, well... except for Lou.

:lmao1:

I catch an extremist lime green freak taking picks of my younglings and we are gonna go a few rounds.......I'm not too proud to admit it either. :kickinass: Afterwards I will celebrate by parading my FF sign around on a golf cart and stopping to hand out FF cards to any current Vold-anian/normal human being that has the sense to not sneak around taking pics of kids ; generally acting like a pedophile. Damn, I never knew about this before now, but I guarantee Pam handled it in a much more adult manner than I would have......so I guess good for her. Apparently it was an isolated incident so here's hoping it does not happen to any more fiends.

...I guarantee Pam handled it in a much more adult manner than I would have.....

Um... I suppose so. :rofl2:

Actually Pam handled it exactly right and her response pretty much put an end to the discussion "over there."

I do believe it was a one-off by a disgruntled jackwagon with nothing better to do than try and stir up trouble on their vacation (bummer for them!) Interestingly, some of the biggest green mouths then were known to be at the Fort at that time, and yet none ever put their signs out to proclaim their green pride. 8)

Not to worry. There have been plenty of GGs at the Fort since then and no one has reported any more such nonsense.

Then again no one has reported seeing (m)any limegreenthingys either. So much for the whole silly "us vs them, rally the greenies!" b.s.

These days I'm betting IF you see any weegreenbeings at the Fort, it's entirely likely they're newbies themselves and know nothing at all about the great flush, or the colossal idiocy that followed.

Regardless, I say if you see any, give them a big ol' "HOWDY NEIGHBOR" and hand them a card. :parrot:

I would definitely give them a card.......most people over there are probably new because everyone else (at least from the camping board) are already here!

I can't believe the nerve of the one guy Pam ran into though. Like I said before (on one of TCD's threads I believe) people say it takes all kinds of people to make the world go 'round, but I am pretty sure there are one or two extras thrown in by mistake.

You can post your site number or go on the Fiend hunt yourself.

Believe me, once one Fiend knows where you are, the rest will soon enough. 8)

I think my Fiend sign is broken...I've never had anyone stop by.

Or maybe people just don't like me,,,they wouldn't be the first...

Well that seems unlikely! Maybe you actually managed to pick one of those rare times when the Fort wasn't crawling with Fiends.

Actually last Oct/Nov we probably saw about 30 FF.net signs and regularly looped around stalking looking for folks to say hi to. While we met plenty, there were also lots of people that we seemed to miss all the time too.

Come anytime! Like Ed said, Mama is usually sleeping embroidering in the screen room with Lola. We are frequently found at other Fiend's sites, especially Lorna's! Love me some Richie and Lorna :bighug:

I think you have us folks that may go to the parks or may not. We have been many, many times and have no small children to make us feel obligated to get up and go. We just play it by ear and most days we just hang around the fort. so CKCK a family like yours might have visitors, but the odds are great that y'all might not be home if Fiends did come by. Bouncing Tigger Steve, was quite elusive last year because he was with his family at the parks a lot. We did manage to track him down a few times!

If you are one of those park folks, when you get back to the Fort go looping and find us!