Camping etiquette - If a fiend came knocking...

About the same as everyone else here. If I'm there, I'm outside 99% of the time and feel free to stop by. I'm more of a late night person, which I've noticed is rare around the Fort. That also means if I'm not outside in the morning, I'm probably still asleep.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I call new members, victims, targets of harassment, fresh meat.

No problem knocking on our door, if the GC and truck are there we usually are too. And remember if the MH is rockin "RUN LIKE HELL" we're having an earthquake. :rofl3:

honestly, the way Fiends stay out at night and gab, gossip and talk, I find it hard to believe anyone would be up at 7am :rofl2:

Fire? Get real, I'm stopping by to see what beer you are drinking.... :beer:

But I bring my own, so I want be scavaging. :clint:

As you know, we bring a variety (and quantity), and you are always welcome to sample new brews with us!

BTW, we need to start a beer blog/thread, I have a bunch to upload and discuss. I take pictures of all my new beer tastings!

Yes, we are very tribal about our fire, regardless of outside temp. Campfire smoke is a food group.

I love visiting with people. I am generally not the type to just go knock on doors, but if I see you outside I will generally wave and say hello.

Same here. I'll stop if I know you (and now maybe some Fiends that I don't know as well yet) if you're outside, but if I don't see you, I'm not knocking on a door.

It all depends on how well I know the Fiend.

If it's Bob, I'm knocking if the GC and truck are there. He can tell me to go away if it's not a good time.

If it's someone I don't know, I'll stop if I see them outside.

If no one is outside and I'm delivering a spike, I'll knock before leaving it and a card.

What I don't understand is why someone would take the time to say "I'm a fiend" by putting out a sign and then be upset when someone wanted to visit with them. That's the point, isn't it? ;)

Stop by and visit us anytime. Just beware... we sometimes like to move our sign around to other sites in the loop. Fiends are like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get! :rofl2:

If we're outside or if the curtain is open and the Mickey light is lit in the window, STOP. There will be sump'n for ya! My daughter ask what the FF sign was and I told her it was code for free drinks.... :doublebeer: :wine:

Stop by anytime! We love company. I always have the coffee pot on.

We don't have a sign yet! So we might be hard to find. Waiting to see where we will be living in Oct. before I invest in a sign.

Hrmphh....I need to get that Fiend sign....

My takes is campers are almost always open and friendly and willing to kick back and chat with just about anyone. (not in the middle of the night, of course)

This - above in red - is pretty much how I used to look at it too. Double that if the person was someone who'd already invited you to stop by in the past either in person or online.

So...

What about if you don't own a sign, or are camping somewhere else other than the fort? what if you weren't already a fiend or if a non-fiend walked over to say hi? Would that change it?

I'll stop if I know you (and now maybe some Fiends that I don't know as well yet)

You had better stop at my site!! You would be really embarrassed to have a small, mouthy woman, chasing you down, screaming your name!

It all depends on how well I know the Fiend.

If it's Stef, I just park on her slab no matter what. :))

Stop by and visit us anytime. Just beware... we sometimes like to move our sign around to other sites in the loop.

:hah: That explains it! When I found the site with Lil Lisa's sign on it, I was expecting a computer geek/meteorologist.

Instead I got a punch drinking, foul mouthed chick with a farting husband.

If we're outside or if the curtain is open and the Mickey light is lit in the window, STOP.

And if you don't stop, he will come to your site and harass you! :P

What about if you don't own a sign, or are camping somewhere else other than the fort? what if you weren't already a fiend or if a non-fiend walked over to say hi? Would that change it?

Not a bit, I'll talk to anyone who will listen.

I've met a lot of great people at all different campgrounds!

If we're outside or if the curtain is open and the Mickey light is lit in the window, STOP. There will be sump'n for ya! My daughter ask what the FF sign was and I told her it was code for free drinks.... :doublebeer: :wine:

LOL I like free drinks. :rofl2:

***note to self - pick up extra beverages to have enough free drinks to maintain our sign***

No sign, but if you can't find the small motorhome with small peeps with the small red doberman with the large cooler and real cigars, then you didn't look hard enough.

And yes we serve free drinks. Unless you want to pay for them, and then we might let ya. But probably, most likely, hell no we won't.

Oh yea, the Steelers flag will be flying since Tony and I disagree on all other sports teams and drivers.

If Marty is camping with me then stop by if you see me outside. If you don't see us outside, then stop by later on;)

When I'm camping alone you can knock on the door 24-hours a day. I used to pull the sign up when Marty was with me, but I forget it sometimes.

I welcome drop in visitors with one exception. If my Snarky spankula is hanging from my crockpot, that's means INC and I need some privacy. Like the old saying goes, "If the spankula's crock'n, don't come a knock'n."

Instead of knocking, we will just stand outside and cheer you on!

Great question! You never want that awkward..."Hey, just stopped by to say hello...oh, sorry, you were napping"...situation.

We are only in the tent from midnight to wake up time around 9. Other than that, we are outside, at the pool, or eating out. If you see me, stop and grab a chair. We are very friendly. And we always have a stocked cooler.

how does it work if you don't have sign. DH vetoed the sign after he heard about the people taking pictures of peoples signs and kids and making notes. Just post our site number? I know how to get Lou to visit... bake the pie!

What is this you speak of?

I really don't think that will be an issue again. I haven't heard of anyone having issues since. It was unsettling but really just a disgruntled lime green jerk jealous b/c voldy folks were either sorely missing or too ashamed to hang out their own signs.

My unruly purple sign still goes up first thing everywhere - even at local steam shows when we're dry camping...