Camping etiquette - If a fiend came knocking...

Back to the subject at hand at other campgrounds and non fiends... As you know, I have a stranger magnet camper. I am most definitely used to folks wandering by and saying "love your camper!" I then invite them in to take a tour!!! We also have folks approach us at gas stations, rest stops, and restaurant parking lots!

The only thing that aggravates me slightly is folks will wander by all weekend not saying a word, then when I'm breaking down, all of a sudden decide they MUST see that cute little camper!! I'm usually hot, sweaty, and still in my jammies, and not really up to company.

We have only had one or two instances where folks out stayed their welcome and try to hang around too much.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I call new members, victims, targets of harassment, fresh meat.

No problem knocking on our door, if the GC and truck are there we usually are too. And remember if the MH is rockin "RUN LIKE HELL" we're having an earthquake. :rofl3:

honestly, the way Fiends stay out at night and gab, gossip and talk, I find it hard to believe anyone would be up at 7am :rofl2:

I think my Fiend sign is broken...I've never had anyone stop by.

Or maybe people just don't like me,,,they wouldn't be the first...

You kinda have to be home for someone to stop by and visit.

My sign is always out (except when I loose, or the sometimes the night we check in, just to tired) But since my site seems to be the one that always gets in trouble for being loud and unruley (not sure how to spell but sure know how to act it), drunk (and I don't even drink that much) and obnoixous ?? You can come by anytime, knock hard because sometimes I fall alsleep and have people waiting outside for dinner that I am making them. I think everyone's used to that now.

I always want to meet fiends new or old or brand new ones.

:hah: That explains it! When I found the site with Lil Lisa's sign on it, I was expecting a computer geek/meteorologist.

Instead I got a punch drinking, foul mouthed chick with a farting husband.

Who, me??? Never... must have been someone else... maybe it was just Joe... :rofl2:

Stop by anytime! We love company. I always have the coffee pot on.

We don't have a sign yet! So we might be hard to find. Waiting to see where we will be living in Oct. before I invest in a sign.

Don't wait, if you move, just pm me and I will send you a replacement for the bottom half of where you moved to. No charge. In fact, I am making a replacement for a Fiend and sending it to him (as soon as I can remember to do it :rofl2: ) If you are careful, they will peel off, but take a little effort.

how does it work if you don't have sign. DH vetoed the sign after he heard about the people taking pictures of peoples signs and kids and making notes. Just post our site number? I know how to get Lou to visit... bake the pie!

Fiends find each other because of the signs...get a sign. All that hullaballoo was from a dolt that worked (at least Mo and I think so) or is currently working for voldy. They never post unless we are mentioned by name. I saw the dolt in person. He is nothing to write home about. I didn't see the other dolt taking pictures. Trust me in knowing he would have received the wrong end of my temper, because ask Pam, I was on the hunt for him. I do believe that the idiocy is mostly over. Most people over there have no idea what happened and are basically 1)clueless and 2) are receiving clueless information. Ok, I am finished with that now.

I think my Fiend sign is broken...I've never had anyone stop by.

Or maybe people just don't like me,,,they wouldn't be the first...

I saw several people post that they tried to find you and there was never people there. I even got called out for the typo in my ipad autocorrecting you to a girl. :rofl2:

Usually, my site (and Lorna's) is a zoo with Fiends driving by and people asking, why all the purple underwear and flamingos? I like talking to people. If I am there, stop. :wave1:

Most people over there have no idea what happened and are basically 1)clueless and 2) are receiving clueless information. Ok, I am finished with that now.

there, I fixed it for you. >:D hehehe, sorry couldn't resist. IMHO essentially, nothing bolded above has changed... :dogsnicker:

I guarantee Pam handled it in a much more adult manner than I would have....

Um... I suppose so. :rofl2:

Actually Pam handled it exactly right and her response pretty much put an end to the discussion "over there."

:rotfl6: Not so sure about that Aaron.

FTR - it was Judy who started it. I was just backing her up and somehow finished it by telling them to bring bail money next time they walked past my site with a camera. Then I pointed out that we hadn't seen a single LGMH so either they were absent over the entire 3 weeks surrounding Halloween or too embarassed to put out their slime colored ears. :smug:

Apparently it hit at a time when the mods were off playing elsewhere so the swirling didn't start and the post remained up for awhile. :toiletreading: When it finally did come, I wasn't the only one :flush: If I'd have known :flush2: would leave me feeling so refreshed, I'd have jumped into that bowl years ago... :laugh:

I saw several people post that they tried to find you and there was never people there. I even got called out for the typo in my ipad autocorrecting you to a girl. :rofl2:

Since I missed your mistake, I feel the need to get offended now.

This is me offended.

Okay I'm over it. You are forgiven.

And yes, we were not at our site that much on our last trip. I'll try to do better next time.

I do have to correct my first comment about people never stopping by...YOU are the first and only visitor we have had (back in November), though I know I had a drive by attempt by the ghetto bus driver but I missed him-twice.

If I were to be camping at the fort, my sign would be displayed 24 hours a day, perhaps illuminated tastefully at night, but not as an invitation. For me it is a recognition that I am part of a fine group of like-minded folks who enjoy camping and the fort, and an encouragement for those who have yet to join this esteemed bunch to check out the website and add their names to its hallowed rolls. I'd hate to think that I should only put my sign out if I am entertaining visitors.

However, I feel it is a "camping thing" that in reasonable hours folks can call always call on you if you are outside your tent/have your door open.

I'll "howdy" you, you'll "howdy" back.

The host can keep it as simple as that; offer coffee, cold drinks, or spirituous liquors as appropriate; ask if they'd join them for a meal; or invite them to come back at a more convenient time.

Waking me up or entering a camp without invitation are about the only visitor faux pas I can think of.

brer+rabbit.png

If I were to be camping at the fort, my sign would be displayed 24 hours a day, perhaps illuminated tastefully at night, but not as an invitation. For me it is a recognition that I am part of a fine group of like-minded folks who enjoy camping and the fort, and an encouragement for those who have yet to join this esteemed bunch to check out the website and add their names to its hallowed rolls. I'd hate to think that I should only put my sign out if I am entertaining visitors.

However, I feel it is a "camping thing" that in reasonable hours folks can call always call on you if you are outside your tent/have your door open.

I'll "howdy" you, you'll "howdy" back.

The host can keep it as simple as that; offer coffee, cold drinks, or spirituous liquors as appropriate; ask if they'd join them for a meal; or invite them to come back at a more convenient time.

Waking me up or entering a camp without invitation are about the only visitor faux pas I can think of.

brer+rabbit.png

I feel like I've been schooled by miss manners. ;)

Since I missed your mistake, I feel the need to get offended now.

This is me offended.

Okay I'm over it. You are forgiven.

And yes, we were not at our site that much on our last trip. I'll try to do better next time.

I do have to correct my first comment about people never stopping by...YOU are the first and only visitor we have had (back in November), though I know I had a drive by attempt by the ghetto bus driver but I missed him-twice.

Oh, my mind is at ease now. I think it was the ghetto bus driver that corrected my autocorrect in the first place. :rofl2:

We had fun playing with our purple mingos. We started out with one by the sign and added one every few days until all four were by the sign. Not one person noticed that they were having babies.

My boys would not let me put out the purple under garments.