Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

thCAIYER2C2.jpg

Looks like the bridge by 1500 loop.

You are right Donnie

That does look like the bridge by the 1500 loop, but if you go there and look at where the remaining tracks are now, the angle of the tracks looks wrong in this photo. In the photo, it looks like the tracks are parallel to the canal. If you look at the remains there now, and the old maps, the tracks crossed the canal right around here, and were perpendicular to the canal. This photo confuses me.

TCD

That does look like the bridge by the 1500 loop, but if you go there and look at where the remaining tracks are now, the angle of the tracks looks wrong in this photo. In the photo, it looks like the tracks are parallel to the canal. If you look at the remains there now, and the old maps, the tracks crossed the canal right around here, and were perpendicular to the canal. This photo confuses me.

TCD

Disney did take out the old RR bridge along time ago

TCD

Andrew, if you look at the photo I think the creek goes quite a bit more straight than it appears. I could be wrong but I'm thinking that creek bends more to the right of the train if you look at it.

Andrew, if you look at the photo I think the creek goes quite a bit more straight than it appears. I could be wrong but I'm thinking that creek bends more to the right of the train if you look at it.

I'm still not seeing it.

This is a map that shows where the tracks were:

347.jpg

In this close-up, you can see that the tracks crossed in front of the 1500 loop, not up by the bridge:

rrmap.jpg

That photo still is confusing me.

TCD

I do. If you look at the pic, the train is at a 45 degree angle to the bridge just like the blueprint shows. Can you think of another area it can be?

I agree that everything looks like the area just North of the 1500 loop, but the angle of the tracks still looks wrong to me. I can't think of another area that it can be. Maybe it's the camera angle.

Maybe the train pic was taken at Tokyo Disneyland. ;)

That's a good theory. I wish we has a way to zoom in on the passengers.

TCD

very cool pictures!

It's been a while since I've been to DW. What do they have where 20,000 leagues under the sea used to be?

A huge expansion to Fantasyland called New Fantasyland. Includes Enchanted Tales With Belle, Under The Sea Little Mermaid Ride, Little Mermaid Meet and Greet, and Be Our Guest Restaurant. Coming soon, Seven Dwarves Mine Train. They also relocated Dumbo to what used to be Mickey's Toontown and rethemed the entire area to Storybook Circus.

• 2 weeks later...