Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

Sorry, Todd.  I meant to respond to this earlier.  But, I had to hunt something down and I forgot.

I think that the yellow Volvo is on the 2100 loop:  Bobcat Bend.

According to a document  fellow Fiend, Tim5055, has posted on his website, the 2000 and 2100 loops were added in 1976.  The 2100 loop had rental trailers set up on it.  I remember that from some old photos posted by KFK (I'll never forget her dad's plaid pants).  Here's where Tim's document is posted: http://www.title-3.com/images/1991FortFacts.gif.  And this is the document:

1991FortFacts.gif

Since the 2100 loop apparently was built as a rental trailer loop, they didn't need to make the road too wide- once the trailers were on the sites, there would only be automobile traffic on the loop road.

So that's my theory.

TCD

Interesting... so if I take a preferred campsite value price and punch that into the CPI calculator, today's rate is $75.85 before tax. Price today for value rate during the week for preferred is $75 before tax.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

Sorry, Todd.  I meant to respond to this earlier.  But, I had to hunt something down and I forgot.

I think that the yellow Volvo is on the 2100 loop:  Bobcat Bend.

According to a document  fellow Fiend, Tim5055, has posted on his website, the 2000 and 2100 loops were added in 1976.  The 2100 loop had rental trailers set up on it.  I remember that from some old photos posted by KFK (I'll never forget her dad's plaid pants).  Here's where Tim's document is posted: http://www.title-3.com/images/1991FortFacts.gif.  And this is the document:

1991FortFacts.gif

Since the 2100 loop apparently was built as a rental trailer loop, they didn't need to make the road too wide- once the trailers were on the sites, there would only be automobile traffic on the loop road.

So that's my theory.

TCD

Interesting... so if I take a preferred campsite value price and punch that into the CPI calculator, today's rate is $75.85 before tax. Price today for value rate during the week for preferred is $75 before tax.

Sorry TCD I don't have my computer

Darn that Rudy!  Tell him to give it back.

True.

But, the most expensive campsite all year would only run you $48, which equates to $82.74 today.  And the most expensive campsites- the premium sites- make up 54% of the inventory now.  During peak times, which are much more frequent under the current pricing structure, you're going to be paying about $130 a night for that premium site. 

TCD

Very cool!

You don't have any photos of the cabin or FWRR, do you?

I'd love to see those.

TCD

I may, my Mom is finally going through stuff after my Dad passed away, she layed that little nugget on me 2 days ago, she will be keeping an eye open for any Disney stuff, probably not too many pics though, as Tony said earlier, developing film was pricey so pictures were premium or they were on my Dad's Polaroid One Step and faded to nothingness! I do remember my Mom and Dad slept on the Murphy bed in the living room, and my Dad was so afraid of flipping back up in the wall, my brother and I hid under the bed till he got in and started pushing it up, he FREAKED OUT!   Brian 

P.S. I still have those Mickey ears with my name hand embrodered on the back!

I just finished looking through the entire thread. Gold star for me.

I need to take some pictures of pictures next time I go to Mom and Dad's. They have tons of pictures from 1980 and on.

I'll post the picture later, but there's one of my dad, my brother, and me at one of the parks. I'm going to guess it was 86. We're sitting in front of a topiary in the shape of the number "100". We can't figure out what it was for. I think a black car may have been in it, as well. I'll have to look again...

I just finished looking through the entire thread. Gold star for me.

I need to take some pictures of pictures next time I go to Mom and Dad's. They have tons of pictures from 1980 and on.

I'll post the picture later, but there's one of my dad, my brother, and me at one of the parks. I'm going to guess it was 86. We're sitting in front of a topiary in the shape of the number "100". We can't figure out what it was for. I think a black car may have been in it, as well. I'll have to look again...

Post the photo, and we'll figure it out.

There was a "Hundred Years of Magic" celebration a few years back. but that wasn't in the '80's.

Let's see the photo!

TCD

The size of those photos is fine.  They are adorable.

Thanks for making me feel old, though.  I graduated from college in 1982.

I see someone with one of those 110 instamatic cameras in the background of you first photo.  I used to have one of those.  It took terrible pictures.

I can't figure out what the heck is on that float in your second photo. 

Is that your dad holding you?  He looks very young.  He must be around my age.

TCD