Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

Very cool photo, Todd.  And, I believe this that is the same yellow Volvo wagon we see in this photo:

Note how narrow the loop road is.  And, again, how thick the Wilderness is.

TCD

TCD I can't place That loop, with the food truck. An Wow there is no way the new RV's will never make it down that road

03-01-2012042705PM.jpg Here's one from 96

That had just cleared my memory....until now.  :bugeyes:

Wow.

That is as ugly now as it was back then.

Yep. Pure awful.

The last two times I have been the castle has looked SO MUCH BETTER with the crane in the background.

TCD I can't place That loop, with the food truck. An Wow there is no way the new RV's will never make it down that road

Sorry, Todd.  I meant to respond to this earlier.  But, I had to hunt something down and I forgot.

I think that the yellow Volvo is on the 2100 loop:  Bobcat Bend.

According to a document  fellow Fiend, Tim5055, has posted on his website, the 2000 and 2100 loops were added in 1976.  The 2100 loop had rental trailers set up on it.  I remember that from some old photos posted by KFK (I'll never forget her dad's plaid pants).  Here's where Tim's document is posted: http://www.title-3.com/images/1991FortFacts.gif.  And this is the document:

1991FortFacts.gif

Since the 2100 loop apparently was built as a rental trailer loop, they didn't need to make the road too wide- once the trailers were on the sites, there would only be automobile traffic on the loop road.

So that's my theory.

TCD

Sorry, Todd.  I meant to respond to this earlier.  But, I had to hunt something down and I forgot.

I think that the yellow Volvo is on the 2100 loop:  Bobcat Bend.

According to a document  fellow Fiend, Tim5055, has posted on his website, the 2000 and 2100 loops were added in 1976.  The 2100 loop had rental trailers set up on it.  I remember that from some old photos posted by KFK (I'll never forget her dad's plaid pants).  Here's where Tim's document is posted: http://www.title-3.com/images/1991FortFacts.gif.  And this is the document:

1991FortFacts.gif

Since the 2100 loop apparently was built as a rental trailer loop, they didn't need to make the road too wide- once the trailers were on the sites, there would only be automobile traffic on the loop road.

So that's my theory.

TCD

Interesting... so if I take a preferred campsite value price and punch that into the CPI calculator, today's rate is $75.85 before tax. Price today for value rate during the week for preferred is $75 before tax.