Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

Cool stuff!

Was there a Mickey Mouse Club TV show in the '80's? I assume that it was for the Disney Channel? That was a premium channel that you would have to subscribe to.

I took the TCD girls to the character breakfast at the Polynesian when the twins were still in high chairs. They had not met any characters before, and it did not go well. Mrs. TCD and I ended up having to hold one twin each, as they were scared of the giant mice and dogs wandering around.

TCD

There must've been because the magazine talks about behind the scenes and taping. I didn't watch it though. We were too poor for cable until I was in middle school. Had to pay for those Disney trips somehow. :)

Your trip to the Polynesian sounds like our trip to Chef Mickey's when DD was 2. That didn't turn out so well...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

Metaldad recently asked me to share post this as he wasnt sure when he would get time to do so. If it has been posted before I apologize. 

Beach Boys performing Kokomo on the beach of the Grand Floridian. Added bonus John Stamos on aux percussion. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJWmbLS2_ec

Metaldad recently asked me to share post this as he wasnt sure when he would get time to do so. If it has been posted before I apologize.

Beach Boys performing Kokomo on the beach of the Grand Floridian. Added bonus John Stamos on aux percussion.

I was going to marry John Stamos, but Steve proposed first.

Hey a girl can dream!

Beach Boys are my favorite group.

Could have used a little more footage of the dark haired girl in the pink suit. She had a questionable mole. Yeah, that's it. A mole.

Added bonus John Stamos on aux percussion. 

John Stamos returned to the GF 5 years later (see video below).

He's a big Disney fan, and when he's in the area, he also stops by Give Kids the World. Is it a coincidence that I worked at both places?

He has played with the Beach Boys since the mid 80s and still does. He just did a charity show with them a couple of months ago

He's one of the good guys in showbiz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kja_ZBO0wLA

I don't remember ever seeing that video before, Jason, so thanks to you and Metaldad for bringing it here!

I wonder if this is the official video for the song that would have played on MTV?  ( for you youngsters-back in those days MTV was a cable channel that played music videos).

The video seems like it was a promotion for the Tom Cruise movie, Cocktail.  For some reason, Mrs. TCD took a liking to that movie, and it is in our extensive VHS tape collection.

I'll have to share this one with the TCD girls- they love Uncle Jesse.

TCD

[uncle Jesse]Have Mercy![/uncle Jesse]

Loved John Stamos (and Full House). Also loved The Beach Boys. Dad had a boxed set he got for Christmas. I pretty well confiscated it.

I don't remember ever seeing that video before, Jason, so thanks to you and Metaldad for bringing it here!

I wonder if this is the official video for the song that would have played on MTV?  ( for you youngsters-back in those days MTV was a cable channel that played music videos).

The video seems like it was a promotion for the Tom Cruise movie, Cocktail.  For some reason, Mrs. TCD took a liking to that movie, and it is in our extensive VHS tape collection.

I'll have to share this one with the TCD girls- they love Uncle Jesse.

TCD

Thanks for the video Jason.

I wondered what all the Tom Cruise clips were for.  Never did become a fan of his.  My DD, however, IS a big fan of Uncle Jesse and Full House.  She even has a Jesse and the Rippers t-shirt.  :)

Thanks for the video Jason.

I wondered what all the Tom Cruise clips were for.  Never did become a fan of his.  My DD, however, IS a big fan of Uncle Jesse and Full House.  She even has a Jesse and the Rippers t-shirt.   :)

I liked Tom Cruise in Risky Business.

This Cocktail movie is really dumb.  He becomes this big celebrity bar tender.  Celebrity bar tender.  Really?

Since old Tom went nuts, I am not a fan.

In fact, I can't stand the guy.

He's a big weirdo.

Uncle Jesse, on the other hand-he's fine.

TCD