Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

Not true. A photo is still copyrighted and legally owned by the author regardless if it contains the circled c or posted online. Linking to the original falls more in line with the fair use clause.

Copyright is established at the click of the shutter, requires no paperwork, and is valid until the author decides to relinquish.

You can use any image from the Internet as long as you are not using it to make money. That is were copyright comes in.

I remember hearing that the COP went to Disneyland after the World's Fair.  I assumed it stayed there, and WDW just got a copy.

Did you see the original at the World's Fair, Bob?  You couldn't have been very old if you did- do you remember it?  I would think something like that in 1964 would have amazed people.

TCD

yes, when I walked into the MK the first time I didn't give it a thought but after walking around a bit it hit me that it was the same design, then I went into Small World and CoP and it hit me that I had seen these before. Remember it was only 10 to 12  years since the worlds fair at that point. We went to the Worlds Fair twice. I have to look through some old slides, I am sure their are some pictures of it in there.

Yes, my sources tell me that, when the Beatles first came to America, they went on Ed Sullivan, pissed him off, then went directly to the fair to ride COP.   That ride became the inspiration for their hit "Revolution".  It's not always what you think it is. 

Smartass, I didn't go see the Beatles but Kathy did see them in NY at that time :) I was a child at the time

Edit....I meant to quote discamper's post.

That is simply not true. Grab an image that is not yours and use it to promote a charity or non profit and see how long that lasts. Look I'm just saying if you posts pics it's nice to give recognition to the creator or owner of said image. Posting your own pics on the net does not give everybody in the world the right to use them.

I've had some my ski stuff published with and without permission. There are laws and some photo etiquette/courtesy that apply. If imagineeringdisney wanted to they could request that images be removed from here...if they own them

I learned two things from yesterday's posts on this thread:

1.  I never knew that the COP in Disney World is the COP, which was moved from Disneyland to the MK.  I always thought the MK's was a copy.  Thanks again for that link, Gonzo, it's a very good article.

2.  I never heard the term "bad juju" before.  Thanks, Blake.

TCD

you mean you did not watch any of the old Tarzan movies  lots of bad juju  talked about by the natives.

ok, after a little research I only found one slide of the Worlds Fair, I am lucky that my mother wrote on the slides what it was and the date, and if you knew my mother you would know what the picture was of. The date was 8-2-64 and it was a picture of the Vatican pavilion stained glass windows.

As for Kathy, she saw the Beatles at the Paramount in NYC on September 20th 1964

ok, after a little research I only found one slide of the Worlds Fair, I am lucky that my mother wrote on the slides what it was and the date, and if you knew my mother you would know what the picture was of. The date was 8-2-64 and it was a picture of the Vatican pavilion stained glass windows.

As for Kathy, she saw the Beatles at the Paramount in NYC on September 20th 1964

Yeah, and while most people think the Beatles wrote Revolution as a counter protest song against the Vietnam War in 1968, my mother's aunt's hairdresser had a one night stand with Ringo during the World's Fair in 1964 and told me that he said the idea for Revolution came to him while he was dizzy from riding the Carousel of Progress.  According to Ringo, Paul wanted to ride again, and John said "you can count me out".  To which Paul replied "don't you know it's gonna be all right?".  So there you go.  

Wow.

You look like you're from the Jersey Shore.

TCD

TCD the funny I was doing undercover work for Disney at that time the person that took the picture with my coworker. that's back when Disney would not let anyone have facial hair that's why I could pull it off be an undercover