Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

Good Morning Everyone! Hijack alert ahead! After being AWOL for several weeks, I come back to catch up reading on my iPad, and accidentally hit the vote down button with my fat finger on one of Donnie's posts... The Mayor of all people.... I may get banished from town as punishment....

Has anyone posted pictures of the waves at the Poly? The wave machine eroded the Poly beach so much, that they only turned it on for TV specials.

Back to the wave machine question.......does anybody have pictures of this in action? I tried to search, but couldn't find any. I would imagine with the wealth of Fiend Knowledge- somebody has this info.

Back to the wave machine question.......does anybody have pictures of this in action? I tried to search, but couldn't find any. I would imagine with the wealth of Fiend Knowledge- somebody has this info.

There are lots of blogs that cover the history of the Polynesian Resort's wave machine.

This one has photos and a concise synopsis: http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2011/11/18/why-for-did-wdw-wave-quot-buh-bye-quot-to-seven-seas-lagoon-s-wave-machine.aspx

TCD

I have never heard of a wave machine at the poly and it wouldn't be at the poly it have to be at firework Island to make waves come up on to the beach

I'm really confused by this picture.  I've always heard that the utilidors were at ground level and MS was second floor.  In this pic it looks like the utilidors are in the basement.

it might be just the perspective based upon the piles of dirt in the background.  I don't think they could have put them in "the basement"....or they would fill with water in central FL.